Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you giving yourself a day of freedom? Whenever I go on one of my insane diets, I always give myself a day to junk out and it makes it bearable.

Its not an insane diet by any means, just strict. I dont give myself a day of freedom, because its not part of my plan. If I want to cheat, I will cheat (and have), but to reach my goals (like anything), I have to follow through.

Ironically, its amazing how much weight you lose just from not drinking that much (alcohol). I have always known that of course, but having water instead of a beer or drink with dinner is crazy how much it helps.

Snow/bad weather is my rant. I haven't played golf since Tuesday and it is absolutely killing me. I don't even know what I'm going to do come winter, but that shouldn't be a concern right now. I just want to finish out this golf season with a few more golfable weeks!

I never got to punch someone in the face but for some odd reason I feel better. Maybe it's b/c we're going trick or treating?

I never got to punch someone in the face but for some odd reason I feel better. Maybe it's b/c we're going trick or treating?
I got costume ideas for ya if you haven't decided, or are you goin' as a guy looking to punch somebody in the face?

It's cuz you got to talk to me dude. Talking to me is as satisfying as punching someone in the face, proven fact.

Only thing worse than being sick, is being sick and bored.

Anti-rant. Gotta love an honest repairman. Couple belts later my washer is working, he looked at my dishwasher that hasn't been performing, gave me some detergent tips and said he could take it apart, but doesn't want me to spend the money without trying different detergent.

$120.

He's the "Appliance Guy." I like him.

Kevin

I got costume ideas for ya if you haven't decided, or are you goin' as a guy looking to punch somebody in the face?

I was going to go as a Texan but I couldn't figure out how to make myself look like a loser.

It's cuz you got to talk to me dude. Talking to me is as satisfying as punching someone in the face, proven fact.

You make a good point. You're my brother from a Fargo mother!

Its not an insane diet by any means, just strict. I dont give myself a day of freedom, because its not part of my plan. If I want to cheat, I will cheat (and have), but to reach my goals (like anything), I have to follow through.

Ironically, its amazing how much weight you lose just from not drinking that much (alcohol). I have always known that of course, but having water instead of a beer or drink with dinner is crazy how much it helps.

I understand. I pretty much gave up beer and only have it about once a week now. I have been drinking a ton of water, tea and coffee with a little bit of diet Mt Dew thrown in. Liquid calories and Alcahol can really wreck a waste line.

Diet time during McRib time??? Didn't see that coming.

Getting rid of any drinks with calories is a big way to go (Gatorade, Sodas, Energy Drinks, etc.)

Getting rid of any drinks with calories is a big way to go (Gatorade, Sodas, Energy Drinks, etc.)

Sugar Free Rockstar (white can), has 10 calories. I am all over that stuff.

I hate that too. I had 6 or seven big ones in my yard when we bought the house. I dug them all out b/c I hated them so much.

I am done and this beer taste so good!

I am not a diet fan. I think if you just eat healthy you will stay at a comfortable weight. I think even if I dieted I couldn't give up beer. It is one of my favorite beverages of choice in the world. I gave up soft drinks two years back. I thought it was going to be hard to give up the Dew, but it wasn't that bad.

I understand. I pretty much gave up beer and only have it about once a week now. I have been drinking a ton of water, tea and coffee with a little bit of diet Mt Dew thrown in. Liquid calories and Alcahol can really wreck a waste line.

NO BEER. That is not a good thing.

All those drinks have low or no calories options... It helped me a lot when starting a diet and now it's all I drink and less than I used to.

Continuing my diet and following it strictly. I just looked at my dinner tonight and it looked back at me and said "HaHa".

South Beach is a tough first 2 weeks but after that it's pretty easy. I need to get back on that. What diet are you doing?

I was going to go as a Texan but I couldn't figure out how to make myself look like a loser.
Ah...preemptive strike, sweet move. I'd say go as a big grizzly barefoot mountain man, but I figured the neighbors would only give out candy to those in costume!
Just skip the trick or treat and punch somebody in the eye, you'll feel better.

New here, I was responding to the original post, not realizing that there were nearly 900 pages of posts.

Didn't mean to confuse you:act-up:

I am done and this beer taste so good!

I am not a diet fan. I think if you just eat healthy you will stay at a comfortable weight. I think even if I dieted I couldn't give up beer. It is one of my favorite beverages of choice in the world. I gave up soft drinks two years back. I thought it was going to be hard to give up the Dew, but it wasn't that bad.

NO BEER. That is not a good thing.

I think age starts to play a role in what works and what doesnt for people. For me, with certain priorities, I would give up just about anything if it bettered my life.

I think age starts to play a role in what works and what doesnt for people. For me, with certain priorities, I would give up just about anything if it bettered my life.

That is true. I think everybody has there things they would give up. I think I would struggle giving up fried food too.

Tapatalkin

Since we are on the life thing, the only thing I wish I could give up is cig's. I quit 5 years ago for 4 years but was so stressed out I went and bought a pack. I love beer, good bourbon,cigars,good wine and good food. I say you should enjoy every day as if its your last, do what you want to but be real about it. Oh and fried food is silly!

I guess I should rant, My 2:30 tee time was canceled because I had to stay until 4.

Since we are on the life thing, the only thing I wish I could give up is cig's. I quit 5 years ago for 4 years but was so stressed out I went and bought a pack. I love beer, good bourbon,cigars,good wine and good food. I say you should enjoy every day as if its your last, do what you want to but be real about it. Oh and fried food is silly!

I gave that up too. I cant imagine ever going back. That was a killer for me, but Im glad its in the past.

I gave that up too. I cant imagine ever going back. That was a killer for me, but Im glad its in the past.

That is awesome! Way to go JB!

Tapatalkin

On top of feeling like crap, I just found out that I am scheduled to be traveling for work the weeks of July 22-29 and July 29-Aug 5th.

That pretty much just ruined my day. :banghead:

Thats good man, I couldnt imagine going back either but I was at a boiling point which is no excuse and it solved my short term issue. Now its back to the long term fix and my problem is that I still enjoy them, Not as much as a good cigar with friends on the course but they help get me through very long days. No excuses, I have to quit.

On top of feeling like crap, I just found out that I am scheduled to be traveling for work the weeks of July 22-29 and July 29-Aug 5th.

That pretty much just ruined my day. :banghead:

War, you are a traveling dude. If you ever make it up to VA I will take you to the club for a round.

War, you are a traveling dude. If you ever make it up to VA I will take you to the club for a round.
Thanks Vince, I appreciate that.

And, I dont mind traveling for work, I do it a good bit. But to be on the road back to back weeks with the Morgan Cup 2.0 in the middle of those really, well, sucks. Eh, I'll figure it out, I usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back