Hole of The Day: Video Edition

Just like setting the camera behind the hole at or near the ground and watching the ball approach. Check out my vids from earlier today for examples. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ohhhh, ok. I know what you are saying now. I thought I was missing out on some kind of awesome camera mount that I didnt know about. haha.

One improvement for tilt I could make is to find some type of very stiff bendable "rod" that has a 1/4x20 thread on either end....
Something like 3 ball joints of the Gorilla POD with the 1/4x20 on either end...

hmmmm..amybe something like this type of rigidness..

31zycNCTQiL.jpg

Good idea Bama...gotta be something we can find.

Here is my first (of 2) HOTD video's from yesterday:

nice chip off of the pin cookie

Wow I finally got caught up. Nice job Cookie, Bama, and TC1. Keep it up guys!

Dang cookie your wife was laughing at you

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Dang cookie your wife was laughing at you

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ha - just wait until the other video finishes uploading. She has been laughing at me (not with me) since the night we met. :D

Thanks mikedean!

Nice hole cookie. Tell the wifey thanks for the super close up of your 4" behind the ball divot lol.

Nice chip cook.

2nd HOTD from yesterday...and last.

Good vids cookie!

Nice chip and great drive on that second hole dude. You need to be hitting GIR's from 60 yards out bro.

7th hole on a course I played today. A lot of talking. Not that many shots.

Good vids cookie!

Nice chip and great drive on that second hole dude. You need to be hitting GIR's from 60 yards out bro.

Agreed but haven't we all done that? Where we just suck sometimes and just overhit it or duff it or hit it fat. We've all done it.
But I liked the video cook, just keep at it!

Good vids cookie!

Thanks man and I completely agree. On hole 6, I stuck a 61 degree from 78 yards to 15 feet and made the putt to save par after losing a ball on the drive. It's coming around...still getting used to the SCOR's but hitting them consistently solid - just bad alignment on that one and still learning the distances.

I have a plan to get TONS better within 100 yards over the next 4 months and I think my scores will reflect it. Sure is a blast when you start hitting shots the way you intend to.

I loved that Pete! Lots of talk, but the captions and fastforward cracked me up. Nice birdie as well, great job!

It's okay guys, I know you're all jealous of my jumping skills

Nice video Pete! You have a GREAT looking swing man. Very solid tap in birdie!

Dang Cookie at first I thought that was actually Gary Player. I like the black on black. Solid par on 1 even with a very chunky shot there. I liked your wife's comments after you missed the par putt on that 2nd video...."Be Positive!" Good stuff.

Cookie, a couple things;
1. Good job on the Johnny Cash look.
2. I like that you refer to yourself as "Cookie," that's hilarious.
3. Eventually, I think you will actually be describing your shots as you are swinging the club.

Nice video man, and would have loved to see you hole out for a bird.

LOL - thanks Jake & war.eagle!

Funny thing is hearing things on video that I could not hear on the course from the wife such as me calling my shot magic before I hit it and then missing the green from 60 yards. :D

The calling myself Cookie thing was actually recommended to me via PM from another forum member. He said everyone else calls you that and you sound funny calling yourself mcook77 so I made the change. I thought the bird chip was dropping but not complaining about the par after doubling that hole the previous day.

Nice 2 holes mcookie! Were you digging for oil on that 3rd shot, 1st vid? Ha! Noticed on your 2nd shot (layup) you really came through the ball well and finished very nice. Go back and watch that one again......that was the magic swing there sir.

Agree with TC....100yrds in you need to try and be 10 for 10 in greens but 8 for 10 would be a nice start! :clapp:

Great videos guys! Cookie, been said, but that chip was fantastic.

Pete and TheChosen, really enjoyed both of those videos.

LOL - thanks Jake & war.eagle!

Funny thing is hearing things on video that I could not hear on the course from the wife such as me calling my shot magic before I hit it and then missing the green from 60 yards. :D

The calling myself Cookie thing was actually recommended to me via PM from another forum member. He said everyone else calls you that and you sound funny calling yourself mcook77 so I made the change. I thought the bird chip was dropping but not complaining about the par after doubling that hole the previous day.

Gotcha. I feel weird referring to myself as War Eagle in my videos, but with the temps dropping, I can start wearing my favorite golfing jacket and give myself some self promotion at the same time...
Spoiler
10171701.jpg
10171702.jpg

Nate - no oil discovered unfortunately. :D

I did go back and compare and can definitely see the difference there. And I agree - 8/10 would be a nice start! ha

Sweet vid pete! Looks like an awesome golf hole and a true test of one's accuracy.

TheLate1, nice par on the very "eagleable or birdieable" par 5 dude........oops!

Back