Nike VR Pro Limited Edition Forged Driver

JB, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the amount of information given out by you and THP.....as an example, a video that examines the sound of a great looking driver....I'm a lefty and hitting this going to be hard; might get a demo day tuesday but won't bank on it.....with your review and sound test, it is clear that this driver will soon be in my bag!!! Thanks again-Lawrence

Not a fan of the sweet spot logo... but it should probably wear off soon!:clap:

JB, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the amount of information given out by you and THP.....as an example, a video that examines the sound of a great looking driver....I'm a lefty and hitting this going to be hard; might get a demo day tuesday but won't bank on it.....with your review and sound test, it is clear that this driver will soon be in my bag!!! Thanks again-Lawrence

You are very welcome.

How'd you like the shaft compared to the PX line that was in the previous VR Pro?

How'd you like the shaft compared to the PX line that was in the previous VR Pro?

Its hard for me to tell, because I think I like this head more. I think I would need to drop a PX in this head to do a fair comparison. I am a fan of the PX shafts as you know, so I may have to try that out.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

For the South Floridians....next thurs 11/17/11 @ PGA National, Palm Beach Gardens Florida.......Nike Demo Day!!

Its hard for me to tell, because I think I like this head more. I think I would need to drop a PX in this head to do a fair comparison. I am a fan of the PX shafts as you know, so I may have to try that out.
The Nike reps I talked to were very interested on my opinion of the shaft as they've been hearing folks say they were a little "whippy" compared to the PX shafts. I didn't feel that myself. I thought the shaft felt strong. I agree its hard to see much shaft wise because I love the feel and sound of the ball leaving the face at contact.

Okay hit this driver today and I got to say I hit it well.I wasn't floored by when I first saw it on the Range. the pear-shaped head to me made the club look a little more open than it actually was. actually looked like it set up open. The shaft was bit whippy so i couldn't really go after it. But for the most part I got to tell you this thing performed great, again looking for that mid to high boring ball flight that just cut through the air. I'll hit a couple of bombs with it and put it head to head against my R9 and it performed admirably. Been playing my R9 for two years now and that VR pro was like it was in my bag for two years and really really is a solid club and to boot it looks really good. I got a video on it that I'll post a little bit later

Wow Tad, that sounds pretty promising. If you can throw a driver down and feel like you're totally comfortable with it after just a few swings that tells a lot about it. The whippy shaft might concern me some though, are you a very strong swinger who usually uses a stiffer shaft or do you typically go with a stiff flex (assuming this was stiff)?

With the proper shaft fitting this club will be a weapon. The stock shaft was just on the low end on stiff. I'd like to hit a Miyazaki in it....

Last edited:
Tadashi hit some absolute bombs with this today. Even with some of my best drives I was looking 30+ yards down the fairway for his ball.

I got a chance to swing this bad boy on Saturday while I was waiting for my irons. Hmmm pretty interested! SS was in the low 100's on the Golfsmith monitor (which short changes me hahahaha!) and my launch angle ranged from 9-11. Spin was in the 2900 range and I saw a pretty good carry! I pulled a couple but overall hit this one well. It felt pretty good. The sound/feel at impact is much different than the other Nike Drivers I've hit. I lost about 20-30 yards on a couple mishits but overall it there were really good results.

looks wise, man this one is gorgeous! At address I didn't get the sense it was open and I think I maybe hit two fades and no slices.

I got a chance to swing this bad boy on Saturday while I was waiting for my irons. Hmmm pretty interested! SS was in the low 100's on the Golfsmith monitor (which short changes me hahahaha!) and my launch angle ranged from 9-11. Spin was in the 2900 range and I saw a pretty good carry! I pulled a couple but overall hit this one well. It felt pretty good. The sound/feel at impact is much different than the other Nike Drivers I've hit. I lost about 20-30 yards on a couple mishits but overall it there were really good results.

looks wise, man this one is gorgeous! At address I didn't get the sense it was open and I think I maybe hit two fades and no slices.

Thank you for that! Admittedly I put this one on the back burner after seeing some comments about the face being open at address, bad things happen when you combine one part me plus one part open face driver. Still haven't seen it locally though.

Thank you for that! Admittedly I put this one on the back burner after seeing some comments about the face being open at address, bad things happen when you combine one part me plus one part open face driver. Still haven't seen it locally though.

I know what you mean! It gets in my head as well. I was surprised to see it in the demo rack to be honest. As much as I love going into Golfsmith, you usually only see certain drivers out to demo and Nike's are harder to find.

I hit this today, and really liked it. It had the best sound and feel of any Nike Driver I have hit. I was hitting it on a range with no launch monitor, so I'm not sure on distance, but it looked like it was going pretty good. The driver didn't appear to set up very open to me, although the rep did say it was 1* open. I'm really looking forward to hitting it on a monitor so I can get a better idea of distance. I was surprised at how well I hit it. I would really like to get my hands on this driver in X-stiff.

I also hit a new driver coming in the spring, the Nike VRS. I took one swing with it and put it away, it has that old baseball bat sound. I just can't play with a driver like that. I thought we were done with those days from Nike.

I spent some time with this one last night for kicks. What a beast. I'm in love with that shaft. I was kinda bummed when I thought I found my MC shaft because it's not the same specs as the aftermarket. What an absolute beast!

I spent some time with this one last night for kicks. What a beast. I'm in love with that shaft. I was kinda bummed when I thought I found my MC shaft because it's not the same specs as the aftermarket. What an absolute beast!

Can you expand your thoughts on this club and compare to RHT?

Can you expand your thoughts on this club and compare to RHT?

Sure can! With both Clubs I don't get the sense that they're open faced. The stock shafts are completely different in terms of feel. With the stock Ahina, I felt it much more throughout. It felt sturdy at the tip and I really could get after it. I didn't go out of my shoes but I rarely do anymore. Even when I did, the club stayed true. With the RHT, the stock shaft feels much stouter to me. I don't really feel the RIP as much through the swing. It's incredibly effective though.

Feel/Sound, the two drivers are complete opposites. The Nike to me has more of a metallic feel/sound to me. It's incredibly pleasant at impact and it really gives a good smash. The RHT tour has more of a thudding sound/feel but it still feels like you're blistering the ball. For me I feel less of the ball off the Nike.

Forgiveness, hard to tell without them being side by side. I think I probably lose the same amount on mishits (off the toe is usually where I miss). the real test would be on the course and it would be really hard for another tour driver (imo) to compete with the RHT in that respect.

Distance wise and ballspeed were about the same. I was in the low to mid 150's on good shots with the Nike. I'll have to check my RHT numbers but they were about the same (the RHT I was fit too originally had a Kai li).

Overall, with the Nike is has to be their best sounding/feeling driver to date imo. I play ZStar irons and I get that same crisp feel/sound on well struck shots. I was incredibly long and the stock shaft was really good for my swing.

Sure can! With both Clubs I don't get the sense that they're open faced. The stock shafts are completely different in terms of feel. With the stock Ahina, I felt it much more throughout. It felt sturdy at the tip and I really could get after it. I didn't go out of my shoes but I rarely do anymore. Even when I did, the club stayed true. With the RHT, the stock shaft feels much stouter to me. I don't really feel the RIP as much through the swing. It's incredibly effective though.

Feel/Sound, the two drivers are complete opposites. The Nike to me has more of a metallic feel/sound to me. It's incredibly pleasant at impact and it really gives a good smash. The RHT tour has more of a thudding sound/feel but it still feels like you're blistering the ball. For me I feel less of the ball off the Nike.

Forgiveness, hard to tell without them being side by side. I think I probably lose the same amount on mishits (off the toe is usually where I miss). the real test would be on the course and it would be really hard for another tour driver (imo) to compete with the RHT in that respect.

Distance wise and ballspeed were about the same. I was in the low to mid 150's on good shots with the Nike. I'll have to check my RHT numbers but they were about the same (the RHT I was fit too originally had a Kai li).

Overall, with the Nike is has to be their best sounding/feeling driver to date imo. I play ZStar irons and I get that same crisp feel/sound on well struck shots. I was incredibly long and the stock shaft was really good for my swing.

Very nice Yoccos......now you have the ATTAS T2...I'm considering the VTS silver in my hopefully soon to get LE!!! actually found a place that has the 10.5* in LEFTY!!! so what about flight and rollout? I've got the 3wd in stock and it's decent.....hot face ,easy to hit off deck but shaft isn't perfect for me........

Very nice Yoccos......now you have the ATTAS T2...I'm considering the VTS silver in my hopefully soon to get LE!!! actually found a place that has the 10.5* in LEFTY!!! so what about flight and rollout? I've got the 3wd in stock and it's decent.....hot face ,easy to hit off deck but shaft isn't perfect for me........

I haven't seen the Nike outside yet. The RHT has a lower flight but the ATTAS T2 changed it a lot from that. Its bordering mid/high to me. A good description would be how TC put it in his latest shaft review, the RIP kept the flight at the tree line and the T2 has taken it above. Decent amount of rollout I'd say around 20 yards or so. The RIP was almost a much flatter flight while the T2 has more rise to it.

I'd be really curious to take the Nike outside and watch it go.

That'll will be fun to follow Swoosh. The VTS shaft I hit in a hyrbid was extremely smooth. How soon are you thinking it comes in?

Back