Nike VR Pro Limited Edition Forged Driver

Oh my, these look VERY nice. You can really see a difference in the red colour with these clubs. Also, the sound is a whole lot more pleasing than the previous Nike offerings I've tried. More muted, but still nice.

Very nice looking club. I had the Vr Str8, which I didnt prefer. I would be willing to go back to a non adjustable.

Really good looking, and I like the sound off of the face.

JB, How's the distance/ball flight compare to some of your favorite drivers?

Too early to tell. Once we get it on the monitor and some rounds played, I will have some feedback.

You think the "low to mid ball flight" has anything to do with the ball being tee'd down so low?

Camera angle more than tee height.

Nice shape and I like the looks of the sole. Not a fan of the headcovers.

Def one of the quietest Nike drivers I ever hit

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Love the sound. I'd recognize that range and that island green in a heartbeat too haha

I like this Driver a lot. I wonder if it's worth switching out my VR Tour for this driver.

Boy does that sound good! Those pics are great too, I love the deep red.

I love the sound of that one. Nice, deep tone to it. I want to hit it!

That sound is awesome. I loved the previous versions of the VR series, especially the fairway woods, so I'm going to have to try this.

The sound was amazing on that vid! At least to me. Sounded nice and crisp.

Very nice looking club and I like the way it sounds at impact. Hard to tell is it black on the crown or is it maroon?

Amazing design, Nike really outdid itself

All I can say is... WOW! I like the red.

I've never been much of a Nike club fan due to looks.
That opinion just went out the window with these.
This line is beautiful and I really liked the sound of the driver. Great job on the vids JB !

Wow, between the looks and sound of that, I'd actually give this a try. I took my old nike driver out today and it just reminded me how freaking obnoxiously loud that thing is, which was part of the reason I didn't like it. That sounded dang nice on those swings from JB.

This line is beautiful and I really liked the sound of the driver. Great job on the vids JB !

I've been really impressed with their 2011 offerings when it comes to looks and it looks like they are keeping up with that trend.

Wow, between the looks and sound of that, I'd actually give this a try. I took my old nike driver out today and it just reminded me how freaking obnoxiously loud that thing is, which was part of the reason I didn't like it. That sounded dang nice on those swings from JB.

I agree. The sound was real nice. Gotta love the boom mike!

Over the past 2 years Nike has put out some really good stuff.....compared to years past, very un-Nike like

I love this new driver, I've hit it and absolutely love it. I'm coming from a VR Pro Tour and this thing just rocks. The face is so different feeling than any of the other Nike drivers I've hit before...to me it was very smooth, different than that of the VR P. Kinda sucks that I bought the VR Pro in July and can't just OEM Kev this thing into the bag.

Beautiful looking driver and a nice sound. I wonder how limited they're going to be, kind of sucks that they made them limited to begin with. To put on the xmas list or not....

Played some with it during yesterdays round and came away pretty impressed. First off the look and sound are absolutely perfect for me. It has a confidence type building sound if that makes sense. Hit it well and you get this plush and deep sound (you heard in that video) that makes you crave for more. It was giving a nice mid ball flight and you can definitely and I mean definitely move the ball up, down, left and right with this one. More coming as the review process gets continued.

JB: 2 Questions.
1. As mentioned above, this has been labeled "Limited Edition". Has Nike said how long this particular driver will be available?
2. How would you compare this offering to the previous VR Pro as far as feel from the face. This, to me, is a 180 (in a better direction). I felt the VR, which I bag now, has a more "pop" feel when hit well, whereas this stick is a "tight click" feel when hit the same (which I prefer).

Im not sure I like the label Limited Edition. In my opinion, there will be plenty of these.

The feel is different vs the VR Pro. At least in terms of how the audible impact tone directly relates to that portion of it. I need a little more range time with it to give a full comparison, but as of right now, I would say I like where they are headed here.

Im not sure I like the label Limited Edition. In my opinion, there will be plenty of these.

The feel is different vs the VR Pro. At least in terms of how the audible impact tone directly relates to that portion of it. I need a little more range time with it to give a full comparison, but as of right now, I would say I like where they are headed here.
Thanks for the quick response! I agree with you about the label, I think they're just using it as a bridge to get to where they're going. I think this is the beginning of a great step in the Nike line. They are really putting out some good equipment. I agree, I really like the direction they're headed with the new offerings.

Back