Emirates Australian Open [Spoilers]

So whos going to stay up and watch coverage?

*raises hand*

I'll be doing the same thing tonight, flipping back and forth between this and college basketball. The coverage ends at 1 AM Eastern, it's not that hard to stay up for this. I'll probably have to Tivo the final round because I work until midnight on Saturday night.

Correct, its not hard to stay up and watch Tiger play golf. Especially when hes doing well.
I'll be doing the same thing tonight, flipping back and forth between this and college basketball. The coverage ends at 1 AM Eastern, it's not that hard to stay up for this. I'll probably have to Tivo the final round because I work until midnight on Saturday night.

i just got up(8.30am) and checked the online scoring expecting some of the other guys who hadn't started yet when i went to bed to be in the lead but nope.......he's still out in front and to say "i'm as happy as a pig in ****" is an understatement lol!!!!

i love this "i don't care if he wins again" and this "eldrick this and eldrick that".........it's a bit pathetic tbh,all i care about is his scoring on the course and i hope he sticks it to them all and plays really well for the last 2 days and wins.....might shut a few people up(very doubtful).
You could just go ahead and quote me instead of just paraphrasing the parts you want. I'd be offended if what you say isn't laughable. You go ahead and root for Eldrick. You must have had a really tough time the last two years talking about how good he is/was and having him do nothing to prove you right.

It'll be interesting to see how he holds up on the weekend.

While having Eldrick back at the top of his game would be good for golf, I still don't really care if he ever wins again. I don't doubt that he will, but I don't care if he does or not.

You could just go ahead and quote me instead of just paraphrasing the parts you want. I'd be offended if what you say isn't laughable. You go ahead and root for Eldrick. You must have had a really tough time the last two years talking about how good he is/was and having him do nothing to prove you right.

But he's been so consistant ly bad! Remember when he had that one tournament he lost to McDowell a year and a half ago that no one watched?? Or the Masters where he turned it on for like.....6 holes! Who could forget?

well if you think what i write is laughable then you need to take a look at what you write yourself mate and this is a prime example.

Alright, this isn't necessary. Personal disagreements happen but let's not go down this road.

Alright, this isn't necessary. Personal disagreements happen but let's not go down this road.

They should just be like me and admit the miss. Then tee it up again!

True. People get all kinds of fired up about Tiger/Tigger/Eldrick.

Indeed. Or be like me and still think he's terrible no matter what he does. LOL!

Pretty interesting comments from Jason Day after the second round with respect to Tiger from an article on espn.com (http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7216933/nothing-won-tiger-woods-australian-open-just-yet)

Tiger's always had some crazy recovery skill shots that just make you do a double take no matter whose swing he's used. He's kinda boring from the fairway, just like Phil is. When both are in trouble and they have to be creative, it's on another level than the other guys. Bubba Watson though is probably the outright leader in the clubhouse when it comes to curving the ball all over the place.

i agree...........

obvioulsy there's gonna be peeps who hate tiger and peeps who do like him and there's nowt that can be done about that....

i think we should concentrate on the australian open itself.

Agreed wull.

So whos going to stay up and watch coverage?

*raises hand*

I am. Pretty excited that he can get his confidence back. Presidents Cup will be tense if he does!

I'm looking forward to staying in on a friday night and watching some golf.

I will def be up and watching! Kinda bored now waiting for it to come on haha

I have an 8 AM tee time, but I gotta see ho he plays.

it's past 11pm here just now and it's ages before he tee's off,i've got an early start tomorrow morning aswell.......d'oh!!!!

Not sure I'll stay up to watch but Tiger piques people's interest, so the longer he's up on the board the better. If he wins, I think that's good for getting the game out at the top of news casts and the home pages on the web.

2.25 am here in germany. I have to admit i am having trouble staying awake. But i want to watch tigers round because i love his competitiveness.
I am a basketball addict so I am used to people's douchiness off court! I really don't care what he does outaide of the ropes as long as he entertains me when he's playing.
Still cannot wrap my head around the fact that one could be so stupid to cheat on that blonde goddess though...

Crazy he is actually winning. Would love to see him win and turn around his golf game. Tiger needs this win and needs that feeling he knows oh so well and just become that dominate player he was and can be once again.

Tiger goes over the green on his first hole, chips to 10 feet past the hole and misses the par putt to fall back to -8. Peter O'Malley also made bogey on the first hole, he's back to -7.

Well.... Eldrick played awesome golf for 2 rounds!

he has hit 2 good iron shots just got crappy bounces. cant give up after 2 holes dude

Back