Thats a pretty near story SW!
I could care less what people want to do, talk., don't talk, sing the frikken chorus to Oklahoma, do whatever floats your boat and makes golf fun for you.

Played with a deaf guy awhile back. That was probably one of the most fun rounds I've ever had. It was like playing a round by myself but I wasn't. I could listen to my music and still not be a jerk to him. He was surprised I knew ASL so we were able to "talk" about our round and general BS.

Pretty cool day.

On a related but seperate rant, I hate hate hate when people try to sell me stuff on the golf course. Several times now I have been paired up with someone who is a mutual fund manager, has a furniture company or whatever and spends the round trying to get me to buy. I find it annoying and rude. We can talk all day, no problem, I like that, but the using the golf course as a salesroom is not cool.

Thats a pretty near story SW!

It'll go down as one of the best ever for me.

On a related but seperate rant, I hate hate hate when people try to sell me stuff on the golf course. Several times now I have been paired up with someone who is a mutual fund manager, has a furniture company or whatever and spends the round trying to get me to buy. I find it annoying and rude. We can talk all day, no problem, I like that, but the using the golf course as a salesroom is not cool.

Man that would just suck out loud. Like fake an injury suck.

Nah you're fine dude. People around here are very social and like to chat. I'm sure if you played with a THP'er or someone other than a total stranger you'd be more than courteous on the golf course. I'm somewhere in the middle, I don't really chat it up too much where we're telling everything about ourselves etc but I also don't completely shy away from conversation either. I like to be polite and compliment their good shots and such but I generally won't go too deep about what they do for a living unless they ask me first. I'm definitely not as outgoing with a stranger on the course as I am with buddies or guys from Men's Club.

Thanks, you explained my thoughts better than I did.

You dont have rope burns on your neck. Its all good. Just re-read the OP and see where the replies are coming from.

Nah you're fine dude. People around here are very social and like to chat. I'm sure if you played with a THP'er or someone other than a total stranger you'd be more than courteous on the golf course. I'm somewhere in the middle, I don't really chat it up too much where we're telling everything about ourselves etc but I also don't completely shy away from conversation either. I like to be polite and compliment their good shots and such but I generally won't go too deep about what they do for a living unless they ask me first. I'm definitely not as outgoing with a stranger on the course as I am with buddies or guys from Men's Club.

You're a talker!

Cougs, I hear ya. I think the people here care, it is a social site - that if I'm ever up visiting OSU (go Pac 12!) I could find a game with another THPer. When you start a thread titled "I don't care," the title itself influences the perception. I for one, apologize if it felt like my comments were too harsh.

...although Cougar in Beaverton?

Thanks I appreciate it. I agree the title is lame. Played a couple weeks ago with the nicest guy who told us all about this and that then wanted to wait for a single to catch up and then told him all the same stuff. Twice for me and my gal. LOL

So is my screen name here. I originally got here just looking for advice on a new driver not caring or planning to come back. Would like to change it.

Talking between shots and cutting the fool is cool, as long as you don't let your mouth run over somebody's game shots. When a guy/gal sets up to hit an approach shot my mouth shuts quicker than bullfrog on a nice juicy fat fly :hungry:

unless your playing for hundreds of thousands of pounds like on tour and playing for a living i think that being non sociable is just rude,
i would much rather play with a 28 handicapper that is sociable than a scratch golfer that doesn't talk at all.
i don't know ether its a american thing either to be more focused than sociable as i have never come across a single person who doesn't like a good chat while playing

I like having a bit of chat while playing, play a couple of rounds a year with 2 guys and you spend more time laughing then playing its great fun and I have shot some of my best rounds with them. But talking during a shot is a big no no and will earn you some dirty looks

I don't mind chatting a bit. But to be honest, unless we're waiting on the group ahead of us (and if we are I don't mind chatting), I find that there isn't much time to talk.

I would probably play worse if I didn't chat. To me, golf is about beating that old bastard par AND having fun. Some of my best rounds came with people who I was talking to a lot.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

+3 or +33 reality is at the end of the day neither of us is getting a check to play. So if a number is important to you then have fun with that piece of paper. I will enjoy the beauty of the day and the new people I may meet. Life is about the journey....

I agree it's too distracting. I will always be polite but I always carry headphones in my bag and put them in between shots sometimes not plugged into anything. However when I'm with my buddies it's all about trash talk and taking their money.

I played with a guy once wearing headphones. Never made that mistake again. I wonder how one stays aware of their surroundingson the course wearing those things. When someone yells FORE, I want to hear it. Can't imagine playing golf and not talking with my partners or at least being present (ears open).

Skimmed quite a bit, but to the OP... you never know who you could meet on the course. Keep that in mind,

To each his own. Sounds like you're a heck of a lot more serious about casual rounds than I am. In a competitive round, yeah, things are mostly business. Other than that I just go with the flow.

I not only like to talk during a round, but like to get touchy feely as well. If the guys I get paired with hit a good shot, its a nice slap on the ass. Make a putt for birdie and you'll get a nice hug that lingers just a little too long.

I not only like to talk during a round, but like to get touchy feely as well. If the guys I get paired with hit a good shot, its a nice slap on the ass. Make a putt for birdie and you'll get a nice hug that lingers just a little too long.

I can confirm this. Last time CB and I played together I got goosed 4 times! That reminds me... we need to golf together again!

You busy this weekend....buddy?

Tap,Tap,Tap

I can confirm this. Last time CB and I played together I got goosed 4 times! That reminds me... we need to golf together again!

That we do, the conversation was great and your ass is firm like a ripe peach.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I've cleared my schedual.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Funny stuff!

Bwaaahahahaha, This made me smile.

Usually we talk...golf: courses we've played, shots, course management, equipment, swing methodology, etc.

Kinda like not picking up the soap in a prison shower, keep CB in sight while putting.

Crackin me up CB, good stuff!

Back