Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

So, since the driver is a high launching low spin driver. The Project X shaft, which is a lower launching shaft is put into the club to keep the ball flight from ballooning. Is that how things work. I know that is a noob type question, but I am trying to get my ducks in a row before I start forming my wishlist.

So, since the driver is a high launching low spin driver. The Project X shaft, which is a lower launching shaft is put into the club to keep the ball flight from ballooning. Is that how things work. I know that is a noob type question, but I am trying to get my ducks in a row before I start forming my wishlist.

High spin is the culprit for ballooning as far as I know. My guess is the PX gives it a nice piercing ball flight, high launch head with a high launch shaft could def cause some moon balls.

jb hows the testing with this club going?

You know I have hit this club dozens of times and the last swing I put on this club was a tired swing. I struck the ball With the heal of the club and it went no wear. I bring this up only point out the responsiveness of the club. The ball felt dead coming of the face. That swing has had me yearning to hit the club again so I can get that sweet feeling of a flush hit back in my mental Rolodex

thx jb

Put many swings on this driver over the weekend, both on and off the course. A couple of things really stood out to me. A 445 head is not noticeably smaller than some 460 driver heads. So if you are someone worried about the size of the head, don't be. I thought that it would not have enough forgiveness for someone like me, but after spending a few days with, I am more than satisfied with the forgiveness. When hit on the screws, it is long and feels great. For me I would want a 10.5 head with a high launch shaft. Over the weekend I used a 9.5 with an Attas 6 shaft in it. Performed well, but every driver fitting I've done I get told to use a 10.5. This will be a great option for some at MC 2.0

Was the ballflight a bit too low for you with the lower loft, ddec? Definitely curious since this stands a good 1/3 chance in being in my bag soon.

Was the ballflight a bit too low for you with the lower loft, ddec? Definitely curious since this stands a good 1/3 chance in being in my bag soon.

It was lower than I would like. My good shots were a mid flight line drive. I think paired with the right shaft, this driver could be lethal.
Though when you play against someone like Chunky who hits it real high, you look at my ballflight and think it's very low.

what shaft was that Ddec? what are the specs on the shaft?

I know what you're saying. My defenition of high is definitely not the same around some people.

OK, thank you...did you hit the one JB has?

this was it. He didn't have a shaft in it because he was testing the Kusala White in the Cleveland Classics driver. So we installed this shaft while I was there

I am really excited to try this driver out as well! I love all of the options available just in case the PX doesn't work for you. I would love to try the 445 9.5* with a GD Tour AD DI7 S shaft. *drool*

Hi J40 Driver.... I've missed you!!!!

I think you need the 430

You may be right Deano, With the RHT I think I see what a optimum ballflight for me would be. What I'm really curious is about the Bridgestone fitting process? I also noticed some Attas goodness.... I have to look and see if the face is open. I'd like a nuetral face this time around I think.

I've been really into shafts lately and in particular, which shafts would work with a low spinning driver like this! Well it's been a tough road trying to find something similar so I hit up Bridgestone the other day while I was talking to some fellow THp'ers. Unfortunately they were pretty busy and couldnt get me in their chat. Well! I get an email from them answering my original question and going into a little more depth. Reason I'm posting this is we know the J40 is going to be a low spinning head. When emailing with the B Fit rep, it's going to spin even lower than my Razr Hawk Tour! Shaft pondering is officially over lol. That's really all I needed to get where my fitter originally wanted. I'm so stoked to get this driver in hand and start hammering away. Seeing some of the other drivers really made me miss this and the FW haha.

Does that mean you are going with the Attas T2?

Does that mean you are going with the Attas T2?

Actually requested something completely different, went with the original suggestion of my CPC fitter. If it gets me a little lower spin.. It should be just about perfect. If they can't accommodate I may go Attas T2. I would love to stay in the PX stock but it just doesn't work well with my swing.

Pondering this driver with a ust vts silver 65g :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Actually requested something completely different, went with the original suggestion of my CPC fitter. If it gets me a little lower spin.. It should be just about perfect. If they can't accommodate I may go Attas T2. I would love to stay in the PX stock but it just doesn't work well with my swing.

I can't seem to find it. What was the recommendation? I am trying to find something with similar charctaritics to the C Kua 43S and so fat I am coming up with the Attas T2 and Radix 5.

I can't seem to find it. What was the recommendation? I am trying to find something with similar charctaritics to the C Kua 43S and so fat I am coming up with the Attas T2 and Radix 5.

They have the Diamana Blue which is similar to the Kai li. I was recommended the kai li. But ended up with the Attas T2 and I really liked it. The low spin and mid/high launch is definitely promising for this driver.

Back