Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

I am in...445 with Diamana kai'li 70 Stiff in that puppy. BOOOOMBER

That combo makes me drool...pure bomber possibilities there!

I confuse you! You complete me.

Thats what I am thinking man, I like this setup!

What loft are you going with? Sorry if I missed it!

That's awesome Cookers!!!!!

I went a different Root...

J40 Driver, 10.5*
Tour AD DI-6 Stiff Flex
Tour Velvet Cord Grip

I'm ready to go Tiger Woods on these fairways!

Ok I'm officially jealous. That sounds like a MONEY combo.

Ok I'm officially jealous. That sounds like a MONEY combo.

I'd be lying if I said this wasnt the most excited I've ever been about a driver coming my way.

ye old 9.5*

Haha, I still wish I'd have gone 10.5 on mine, that loft with a low flight shaft just works for me.

Club is a freaking bomber, great driver for sure.

I'd be lying if I said this wasnt the most excited I've ever been about a driver coming my way.

Me too man! The feel off the face of this is pure money. MONEY I say. I love Jdrivers and this is looking to be the best I have hit.

Damn you guys are making me want to buy one without even hitting it.

I'm in Seattle and neither of the two golf chains carry it.

Haha, I still wish I'd have gone 10.5 on mine, that loft with a low flight shaft just works for me.

Club is a freaking bomber, great driver for sure.

I thought about going 10.5 but the Kai'li is not a low flight shaft.

Tmex my order is officially in!

445 10.5 with tour ad dj 6s. Lamkin crossline grip.

Wanted something high launch with a little more spin. After talking with guys at Bridgestone this is the combo we came up with.

Nice, well done Dean! Glad you were able to confirm it today. Hopefully that means that everyone is in, I have not gone through and checked.

Neat that we had guys choose a few different shafts. We will have some great reviews here pretty shortly and give everyone some really good thoughts on how different shafts react with the low spinning head.

Team Hackers tapping!

A little recap. Looks like we are just missing Bullfrog. Tons of variety when it comes to shaft choices.

Ecstatic to report that I have placed my driver order for the Morgan Cup!

J40 445 with PX 5.5 shaft
Standard BSG grip with 2 wraps

Photos and video will be added here as soon as I receive. To say that I am excited is an understatement!!!

That's awesome Cookers!!!!!

I went a different Root...

J40 Driver, 10.5*
Tour AD DI-6 Stiff Flex
Tour Velvet Cord Grip

I'm ready to go Tiger Woods on these fairways!

I ordered the Project X 6.5 cut to 44.5 in a 9.5 degree head. This is exactly what I am gaming right now and I am much straighter with this setup.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Talk about a great PM to get! Time to order drivers guys! I think we were all so excited that I'm sure most everyone already has their order in.

J40 445 9.5 degree with a PX 6.0 shaft
Standard grip

This thing is going to be a bomber too, I can't wait!!!

My order is in: J40 445cc Driver 10.5 w/UST ATTAS-T2 6 - Stiff and +0.5" length

I am in...445 with Diamana kai'li 70 Stiff in that puppy. BOOOOMBER

Tmex my order is officially in!

445 10.5 with tour ad dj 6s. Lamkin crossline grip.

Wanted something high launch with a little more spin. After talking with guys at Bridgestone this is the combo we came up with.

I thought about going 10.5 but the Kai'li is not a low flight shaft.

I have the 9.5-deg. 430cc model with ProjectX 6.0 shaft. I have a Kai'li 65 Stiff-flex that I'm pulling from my previous gamer (Cally RHT), thought I'd take the PX6.0 out to the course for a few rounds before installing it.

I'm curious to know how the setup works for you. :cool:

Man some awesome combos in there! Love that different shaft options everyone went with. Should give us some great reads on the different shafts

These drivers are TMex approved.

I'm a little disappointed in the 10.5 for TMex. I was thinking more along the lines of a Tour only 6.0 head

I'm a little disappointed in the 10.5 for TMex. I was thinking more along the lines of a Tour only 6.0 head

I went 10.5 to soften the blow for me when I hard step my R Flex Modus3 shafts to play to a stiff. :)

I just want a high launching bomber. Plus this should give me a little more height. It was a compromise I made when choosing the shaft I did. It's all in my head and I'd rather keep it there haha.

I like tour stuff. Hence the Tour AD!

I went 10.5 to soften the blow for me when I hard step my R Flex Modus3 shafts to play to a stiff. :)

I just want a high launching bomber. Plus this should give me a little more height. It was a compromise I made when choosing the shaft I did. It's all in my head and I'd rather keep it there haha.

I like tour stuff. Hence the Tour AD!

Tee it high and let it fly! With that head and shaft combo, your driver is going to be worth more than my car haha. I can't wait to hear how it works TBro.

Tee it high and let it fly! With that head and shaft combo, your driver is going to be worth more than my car haha. I can't wait to hear how it works TBro.

I'm excited dude. My thought is I like a lot of carry. The PX would've been great had it not generated so much backspin for me. It's why Im always fitted to a low spinning shaft, I hit down on the ball haha. I could use a little extra help on the launch angle and this shaft seemed a great fit after talking this through with my instructor. I was fitted to the Kai li for Callaway last year but he wanted my launch angle a little higher and spin a little lower even then. Im excited.. .thought I'd say that again. Haha

Tmex: ordering the most expensive drivers since 2011! :alien:

I'm excited dude. My thought is I like a lot of carry. The PX would've been great had it not generated so much backspin for me. It's why Im always fitted to a low spinning shaft, I hit down on the ball haha. I could use a little extra help on the launch angle and this shaft seemed a great fit after talking this through with my instructor. I was fitted to the Kai li for Callaway last year but he wanted my launch angle a little higher and spin a little lower even then. Im excited.. .thought I'd say that again. Haha

Got ya. What launch angle are you looking for?

Back