Bridgestone J40 Wedges

possibly my favorite wedge of the weekend. They are neck and neck with the 588's.
I played the Mizuno JPX wedge earlier in the trip and while I liked that wedge, these were just better. I liked the weight, the look, the turf interaction. I thought it was great out of a bunker(even at times when I was not).

Yeah that doesn't surprise me one bit! I really can't wait to try these out!

I currently have Vokey, Mizuno and Nike Pro in my collection of wedges. The J40 feel is compareable to the NIKE for me. Meaning I can feel my solid hits, toe, thin and heal. I get the same feedback no matter what type of shot I am hitting, flob, chip, full, bump and run. And the separation for me between this and the nike is the sole and the versatility I have because of the sole.

The Vokey and Mizzy are good wedges, don't get me wrong....but they do not even come close to the J40s... I hope this helps, let me know if it didn't

Freddie just to be clear, you prefer the sole of the J40 over the Nikes?

possibly my favorite wedge of the weekend. They are neck and neck with the 588's.
I played the Mizuno JPX wedge earlier in the trip and while I liked that wedge, these were just better. I liked the weight, the look, the turf interaction. I thought it was great out of a bunker(even at times when I was not).

After hitting all three, how would you compare the J40's to the 588's to the SCOR's? Some great options that are becoming available right now in the wedge world, but not many people have hit all three. Just wondering your thoughts on how they compare. Thanks!!!

Yeah that doesn't surprise me one bit! I really can't wait to try these out!

Freddie just to be clear, you prefer the sole of the J40 over the Nikes?
that is correct, I was just trying to draw some comparisons between the two for me. The J40s will not be leaving the bag for any reason...unless...well you know :alien2:

I hope for your sake you make the MC! I think you are a shoe in! I hope for Bridgestone's sake that you are one of their players. You will be a great asset to any sponsor, not to mention THP!
that is correct, I was just trying to draw some comparisons between the two for me. The J40s will not be leaving the bag for any reason...unless...well you know :alien2:

WOW, floored to say the least....THANK YOU

I hope for your sake you make the MC! I think you are a shoe in! I hope for Bridgestone's sake that you are one of their players. You will be a great asset to any sponsor, not to mention THP!

The Vokey and Mizzy are good wedges, don't get me wrong....but they do not even come close to the J40s... I hope this helps, let me know if it didn't

That was exactly what I was looking for since I know the Vokey's, Mizzie's and Nike's well. Cheers!

So I put a little testimonial on the bridgestone site about my experience with the J40 wedges and the below is what I got back....

Freddie,

Thank you for your recent email and your support of Bridgestone Golf!

We are thrilled to know that you've tried the Bridgestone Golf brand and are having great results. We strive to make products that allow players to perform their best - and it seems like you're doing just that!

We would like to send you a gift to show our appreciation for your success story. Will you please provide us with your mailing address?

Best Regards,
The Bridgestone Golf Team

That's sweet Freddie!! Great to hear an OEM really caring about average golfer feedback. Another reason I am stoked to see them as an OEM for Morgan Cup 2.0!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's awesome Freddie! Bridgestone has been a great addition to the 2nd Morgan Cup, and I think there will be some happy people that get to represent them in MC 2.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2e1bac6c.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what I posted. Just showing some love to the best wedges

2e1bac6c.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what I posted. Just showing some love to the best wedges

Wow, thats a solid statement about the J40s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forged or cast to funny.... Wedge looks fine.

Forged or cast to funny.... Wedge looks fine.

these wedges are awesome. I can't wait to try them again. All I know is that people in MC 2.0 are going to have great wedge options, J40's, 588, Callaway Forged. Good god, how can you go wrong.

these wedges are awesome. I can't wait to try them again. All I know is that people in MC 2.0 are going to have great wedge options, J40's, 588, Callaway Forged. Good god, how can you go wrong.

Agree with this completely. This is one part of the bag I will be comfortable no matter which sponsor I have. I need to get the J40's in my hands. I played the WC design wedges a few years back and still regret getting rid of them.

Freddie, skim here. But yours are the ones with spinners?

Spinners are the stock option, which is awesome because I really like that shaft in my other wedges.

I had never played the spinners until these wedges and I have to say the ball flight took some getting used to...it was almost like a top spin lob except when they hit the green the balls basicall topped in their tracks

Freddie, skim here. But yours are the ones with spinners?

Holding up great, I'll post some pics after my lunch meeting today

how is the finish holding up on them? I opted to game the chrome last week

Spinners are the stock option, which is awesome because I really like that shaft in my other wedges.

I did not know that, I looked on their site a while back and didnt realize this. Thats cool.

I had never played the spinners until these wedges and I have to say the ball flight took some getting used to...it was almost like a top spin lob except when they hit the green the balls basicall topped in their tracks

I had one in my previous 60* and loved it. If you had a 50* would you have a spinner in it? do you think it could hold up to the swing?

If you had a 50* would you have a spinner in it? do you think it could hold up to the swing?

I had the DG spinner Wedge+ in my MP-T11 52* and would likely not due it again. I didn't seem to get the distance or consistency and rarely used it for partial shots.

With that said I really like the DG Spinners for the 56* and 60* as I rarely take a full shot with these clubs.

Back