Bridgestone J40 Wedges

I had the DG spinner Wedge+ in my MP-T11 52* and would likely not due it again. I didn't seem to get the distance or consistency and rarely used it for partial shots.

hmmm, interesting! thanks buddy

anyone else have any info to give regarding this?

I had the DG spinner Wedge+ in my MP-T11 52* and would likely not due it again. I didn't seem to get the distance or consistency and rarely used it for partial shots.

With that said I really like the DG Spinners for the 56* and 60* as I rarely take a full shot with these clubs.

Interesting. Thanks for the thoughts. I never used a Spiner wedge in my 52 or 50, but loved them in my 56 and 60.

I actually preferr my 52* for aprtial or knock down shots. I've really used it as a scoring club since I have my AW as a gapper

Hearing lots of good things about these, but I'm just not sold on the spinner shafts. There's such a mixed opinion out there, I hope to see for myself soon. The low ball flight might be nice, just how low becomes a concern with stopping power.

I actually preferr my 52* for aprtial or knock down shots. I've really used it as a scoring club since I have my AW as a gapper

It is so interesting how everyone approaches the short game differently. I have been using my PW which is 47* for most of my knock down shots where I needed less loft than my 56*

Hopefully I'll get to see this first hand in 7 months
It is so interesting how everyone approaches the short game differently. I have been using my PW which is 47* for most of my knock down shots where I needed less loft than my 56*

Its not low by any stretch...a full swings gives me some great height and great spin. I'v played some hard greens last few times out and these stop like you want them to, sometimes too much check is delivered
Hearing lots of good things about these, but I'm just not sold on the spinner shafts. There's such a mixed opinion out there, I hope to see for myself soon. The low ball flight might be nice, just how low becomes a concern with stopping power.

Hopefully I'll get to see this first hand in 7 months

I would like that as well especially if you were part of Team Paradise! Gook Luck, I am pulling for you.

hmmm, interesting! thanks buddy

anyone else have any info to give regarding this?

You know that I had Spinners in my MP-T11's as well. I had the 52* bent to 50* and I loved it. I imagine I had some success b/c I went with the Wedge flex and not the Wedge+ flex. I hit my gap wedge with full swings all the time. Where they really shined was manipulating the ball flight.

Its not low by any stretch...a full swings gives me some great height and great spin. I'v played some hard greens last few times out and these stop like you want them to, sometimes too much check is delivered

Thanks for the info. A lower yet predictable ball flight is the goal for my wedges this year. Like you all in Florida, we fight the wind here a lot, along with hard fast greens. These could be the ticket.

I'm not going to lie, I became much more interested in these wedges since last night. I do wish they had a 50 degree option instead of having to bend a 52 down to 50.

You know that I had Spinners in my MP-T11's as well. I had the 52* bent to 50* and I loved it. I imagine I had some success b/c I went with the Wedge flex and not the Wedge+ flex. I hit my gap wedge with full swings all the time. Where they really shined was manipulating the ball flight.

thanks bro! I like hearing this

I played a nifty little format yesterday with a great group of THPrs and these wedges got a good work out. Not one full shot but a hole host of half, chips and flops. I also had a chance to really get a good look at the finish and it has worn away on the sole and face. The over all look of the wedges is still outstanding but they are showing some wear and tear on their black finish.
The performance of the wedge was the same as the time I had them out. The sole really allow for a variety of shots but they really performed well a some very tight lies to some crazy pins. I still marvel at the amount of spin that produced by the head/shaft combo. I mean from close range these things spin like the dickens. I am vastly finding out that there are no awkward yards from 80 and in.

I played a nifty little format yesterday with a great group of THPrs and these wedges got a good work out. Not one full shot but a hole host of half, chips and flops. I also had a chance to really get a good look at the finish and it has worn away on the sole and face. The over all look of the wedges is still outstanding but they are showing some wear and tear on their black finish.
The performance of the wedge was the same as the time I had them out. The sole really allow for a variety of shots but they really performed well a some very tight lies to some crazy pins. I still marvel at the amount of spin that produced by the head/shaft combo. I mean from close range these things spin like the dickens. I am vastly finding out that there are no awkward yards from 80 and in.

Good to hear Tadashi! I am disappointed that the finish started to wear through just that one round (maybe I am mistaken). Would you by chance be able to post a picture of how bad it wore?

BulldogsGolf

I have really been looking into these over the last week. I really like the black finish even though Tadashi says it wears a little bit, but like some others the spinner shaft sounds like it works for some but not others. However, it sounds like more people like it than those that hate it. I am really interested in trying one of these with the spinner shafts to see how well it works for me. Sounds like the shaft really can help to add spin, which I would rather be able to lose a little distance with the wedge and have more spin on half shots and chips than to have the full distance I have now.

Good to hear Tadashi! I am disappointed that the finish started to wear through just that one round (maybe I am mistaken). Would you by chance be able to post a picture of how bad it wore?

BulldogsGolf

I am running some errands but will post photos in a few hours. The wear is from 3 months of play.

I think I have read before that wedges with black finishes tend to rust somewhat quickly. Some people tend to like that because they like the rest look and whether it is true or not I don't know, but some have said that the rust on the face actually helps create more spin.

43e2a2eb.jpg

0ea27fef.jpg

8290709a.jpg

Like I said there is some wear on the face and sole.

Wow, those are pretty worn. More-so than I expected to see

Wow, those are perty! Gotta try these out soon

Like that look. They look sweet.

After seeing those I am not sure if I would go with the black or satin. While a little rust and wear may not be bad, I just think all that color variation on the face would be a little distracting. Absolutely love the overall look of these wedges though and from everything I have read the performance is there in every aspect

whether it is true or not I don't know, but some have said that the rust on the face actually helps create more spin.

Myth. A number of people including Wishon looked into it and the rust does not make a discernable difference.

After seeing those I am not sure if I would go with the black or satin. While a little rust and wear may not be bad, I just think all that color variation on the face would be a little distracting. Absolutely love the overall look of these wedges though and from everything I have read the performance is there in every aspect

I totally agree. The black looks like a sleek assassin wedge to start but the colour variations after some time are distracting to me.

Thanks to Tad I have one of the chrome on order. I want to see how these stack up first hand.

If I had to do all over again, I'd stay with the black. They still work like no bodies business.

Thanks for the pictures Tad! I love the look of the wear and to me after owning clubs that wear, those are holding up exceptionally. Cannot wait to get my hands on some Bridgestone wedges.

Back