Callaway UPro MX GPS

Thanks. I think I am entering week 6 if I remember correctly.

I requested my return package the day the refund option was posted in this thread. I may have beat the rush as I requested the return and got it back out pretty quickly. Its possible your return took longer to process due to more returns to process than the earlier ones. I wouldn't worry about it just yet..

I returned my device and it was received by Callaway on 8/23. I called CS to find out where my check was because I still haven't received it. They told me that my check was cut and that a bunch of them went out in the mail last Friday. Columbus Day has gotten in the way of mail delivery. Hope I get it today or soon thereafter.

I returned my device and it was received by Callaway on 8/23. I called CS to find out where my check was because I still haven't received it. They told me that my check was cut and that a bunch of them went out in the mail last Friday. Columbus Day has gotten in the way of mail delivery. Hope I get it today or soon thereafter.

Good info chas, I also returned and Callaway received on 8/23. So maybe we'll get them by next week!!! I asked for the check.

FYI to all interested. Received my check from Callaway today. They received my uPro on 8.23.2011
I would have liked the uPro to work, but since it didn't I must say Callaway did right by me.

FYI to all interested. Received my check from Callaway today. They received my uPro on 8.23.2011
I would have liked the uPro to work, but since it didn't I must say Callaway did right by me.

Got my check today as well for $240.89. They got the unit back on 8/29/11. I would agree Callaway did right by me. With all their issues I do not believe they are ever going to support this the way it was advertised.

I got my check today as well. $279. Hello c-tapers?

I've been eying this product long before I found and became a member of THP.

I'd heard of the problems they were having with the release and had decided to wait to upgrade from my UproGO to the MX.

I'm still waiting, but I WILL at some point move to the MX. I'm VERY EXCITED about the product and can't wait.

IMO, given the circumstances, that Callaway has done a very good job handling the mess, generally speaking, taking everything into account.

I have the UPro Go and I don't see any reason to switch to a different GPS. It works perfectly. The only thing we are missing out on maybe is being able to trace our layup shots using the map of the hole. But I don't know that it would be worth getting a new device.

[Edited heavily due to silly comments made without any information or fact-checking. Sorry for this.]

Last edited:
The device has been recalled. They won't be selling it anymore. You can probably get it on eBay if you are that interested in using it, but... why? The company even said it's a piece of... well, you get my point. They are still supporting it, but for how much longer?

I have the UPro Go and I don't see any reason to switch to a different GPS. It works perfectly. The only thing we are missing out on maybe is being able to trace our layup shots using the map of the hole. But I don't know that it would be worth getting a new device.

Why not hold onto your current GPS for a bit longer. I'm sure Callaway will be trying pretty hard to make consumers forget about their MX missteps and their next GPS would need to hit the ball out of the park for a handful of their lost customers - or at least deliver on the promises that the MX made.

I realize they've recalled it, Thanks

OH but I think they will be selling more of them, LOTS MORE, when they fix the problems, that's what I'm waiting for .... if not, oh well, it was a nice idea. IMO Callaway is not going to adbandon the GPS market, but what do I know, I'm just a hack :laughing:

The only thing we are missing out on maybe is being able to trace our layup shots using the map of the hole. But I don't know that it would be worth getting a new device.

And ANY POINT distance
And Fly Over on new course
And Score Card
And Shot Tracking
And Touch Screen
And ...
And .... well, you get my drift :D

I have the UproGO also, and IMO, the concept of the MX is FAR FAR beyond where the Go is in the way of feature/function.

Now, if it will ever become something that really happens, and 'works', well only time will tell ..... I'm waiting, but not holding my breath.

Why not hold onto your current GPS for a bit longer. I'm sure Callaway will be trying pretty hard to make consumers forget about their MX missteps and their next GPS would need to hit the ball out of the park for a handful of their lost customers - or at least deliver on the promises that the MX made

YEP, I'm waiting, np

The device has been recalled. They won't be selling it anymore. You can probably get it on eBay if you are that interested in using it, but... why? The company even said it's a piece of... well, you get my point. They are still supporting it, but for how much longer?

This is not true. You can see our response when we spoke to the company as it pertains to upgrades and a firmware update previously in this thread.

I sit corrected.

$100 seems like a great deal especially if Callaway does indeed continue to support the device.
Thanks
Honestly, and I returned one, but I'd probably grab one for a hundred. It did work. Mine locked up a few times, but support is awesome.

And welcome.

If I could find one new for a hundy I would pop for it....from what I hear, Calloway is supposed to be working on upgrades and other features that will be coming soon.

Thanks...anyone else with toughts on this?
I think for a hundred bucks it could be worth it. I brought mine months ago for about $150 or so and decided to keep it instead of returning it for the refund. I find it very helpful when traveling because I do not need to download any courses unless I want it in promode. I am not pleased by the battery life but hopeful that it will be fixed in the updates to come. More than likely you will need to charge after each round. I do not use promode much because it is too dark on my unit but my golfing buddy has the upro and the screen is much better in promode. I do believe Callaway will get it together but they did release this product too soon.

i still have mine and hopefully when all is said and done theyll improve it and lemme have promode since im one of the few that didnt return it lol
i havent had any problems with it yet

I have the UproGo .... I paid about, IIRC, $145 for that about 12 months ago. I like the unit and I'd pay $100 in a minute to buy a new one if I didn't already have it. The Upro MX will provide you with the same basic data as the UproGo until they get the rest of the functions delivered. 25K loaded courses, distance to hazards, FBC .... great basic functions really, but I really do want the functions in the MX .... one day we'll have it !

short answer, Yes, I'd buy it

for $100, Id buy it again, was just not worth the original asking price with the limited features and functionality it did offer

I really hope we get to see the updated software for this soon; their concept is great and think it would be extremely popular when they get it up and running. With all the problems they had with it originally, I'm still optimistic on this GPS

All: I kept my uPro mx because I never had any problems with it. Two months ago I dropped it on the hardwood floor in my kitchen and it got a couple of cracks in the screen. Since it has turned cold & I doubt I will be playing for a while I called Callaway & explained the situation. They are sending me a shipping label for me to send it in. They are going to do an assessment & either fix the screen or replace the device...& they are also going to throw in a protective skin for free!

Callaway gives great customer service!

According to their website the update should be completed by 31 Dec so that will be cool too!

i still have mine and hopefully when all is said and done theyll improve it and lemme have promode since im one of the few that didnt return it lol
i havent had any problems with it yet

Most of us did get the unlimited pro mode courses. That one of the main reason why I kept mine. Maybe you can give Callaway a call.

I really hope we get to see the updated software for this soon; their concept is great and think it would be extremely popular when they get it up and running. With all the problems they had with it originally, I'm still optimistic on this GPS

I didn't buy it, YET. I've been waiting, and am still waiting. Once the new release is out and I see some good reports that all is working as it's supposed to, I'll have one. It's right at the top of my HIT LIST. I have the UproGo now and am totally pumped at having the functions that are 'supposed' to be in the MX ..... CAN"T WAIT !!

What ability does the device suppose to have that it doesn't have already? Tracking distances by club? What else?

i am one of the lucky ones also. i bought mine several months ago and i have never had a problem. I absolutely love it!

I still love the looks of this thing....and have actually been thinking about grabbing one off ebay.....any news on the software fix?? If I buy one now...what exactly does and doesnt work?

everything works for me except promode... but then again i didnt dl any promode courses lol

Back