2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Just looking at the specs of the Cleveland FW line, pretty amazing that the Mashie is a full 3 inches shorter than the FL and Black FWs. JB, from what I've read you've got pretty extensive experience with the FL. Have you had the chance to swing the Black? From the pics, the Black has what looks like a type of rail and I'm curious if it incorporates some of the Mashie-esque design.

All very intriguing and exciting. Really can not wait to try the Mashie FW!

I would not consider the bottom of the Black to have rails. It has some contours, but they are pretty minor.

Just looking at the specs of the Cleveland FW line, pretty amazing that the Mashie is a full 3 inches shorter than the FL and Black FWs. JB, from what I've read you've got pretty extensive experience with the FL. Have you had the chance to swing the Black? From the pics, the Black has what looks like a type of rail and I'm curious if it incorporates some of the Mashie-esque design.

All very intriguing and exciting. Really can not wait to try the Mashie FW!

I would not consider the bottom of the Black to have rails. It has some contours, but they are pretty minor.

I agree with Hawk here about both the irons and FWs. I dont think the Black line has much in the way of rails.

I cannot wait to hit the iron set next month. They may sneak their way into my trunk.

Tapatalk

I cannot wait to hit the iron set next month. They may sneak their way into my trunk.

Tapatalk

Is there a demo day coming to your area? You may want to confirm that they will have them. I know that only a select few areas got them as of now, but that is changing pretty quickly.

Is there a demo day coming to your area? You may want to confirm that they will have them. I know that only a select few areas got them as of now, but that is changing pretty quickly.

I will have to check around. Definitely will feel them out before pulling the trigger.

Tapatalk

Number one question on my mind right now - could I use this fairway wood in the hybrid slot? Will it have the same versatility as a hybrid?

Number one question on my mind right now - could I use this fairway wood in the hybrid slot? Will it have the same versatility as a hybrid?

I don't know but that's precisely what I'm going to do. I need to know what lofts in the FW line is available to lefties. Hook a brother up.

I don't know but that's precisely what I'm going to do. I need to know what lofts in the FW line is available to lefties. Hook a brother up.

I'm leaing heavily in the same direction. I like the shaft length and the added mass should make them longer.

Both RH and LH:

15.5 - 40.75 inches
18 - 40.25 inches

RH Only:

14 - 41.25 inches
20.5 - 39.75 inches

I would think the 20.5 Mashie would play similar to the FY club from the fyrbid series Hawk.

I knew you'd come through for me Hawk. 15.5 and 18 it is for me then. I think these will be longer, as forgiving, and hopefully not as toe weighted as the hybrid, that's why I want them.

I would think the 20.5 Mashie would play similar to the FY club from the fyrbid series Hawk.

That's a good point. The 18 is very close to the same specs as well.

hopefully not as toe weighted as the hybrid, that's why I want them.

This is what I am the most curious about with this line. I couldn't get the original mashie from hooking to save my life.

I knew you'd come through for me Hawk. 15.5 and 18 it is for me then. I think these will be longer, as forgiving, and hopefully not as toe weighted as the hybrid, that's why I want them.

I think they are going to be close when it comes to versatility as well. JB has been saying that they set up like a hybrid to him, which is a big deal for me too.

Dudes, this is exciting. The Mashie FW has been on my radar since I saw it and read about it here. I like everything about it. Love that it's shorter. I imagine it's a fairway finding machine.

You know what I like about that picture? There isnt huge amounts of offset there.

Man Hawk, TC I'm excited for you guys, these Mashie fairway woods look like the real freaking deal and I love the fact that they are shorter than where fw have been going in general, but long and versatile. I think these bad boys will be in almost every Cleveland staffers bag at the MC.

You know what I like about that picture? There isnt huge amounts of offset there.

I agree. Almost like the took all the good attributes of the OG Mashie, and put it in a better package. This thing could be my go to "off the tee" club, particularly at Caledonia.

I agree. Almost like the took all the good attributes of the OG Mashie, and put it in a better package. This thing could be my go to "off the tee" club, particularly at Caledonia.

That's gonna be critical. Imagine having a 3 wood that can find the FW every time and you still get 240 or so out of it. Bet this does it.

I still wonder how the FW feels versus the hybrid and if both are needed to be in the bag or is it a waste to do such a thing?

I still wonder how the FW feels versus the hybrid and if both are needed to be in the bag or is it a waste to do such a thing?

To me they felt similar. I don't think it'd be a waste at all. 5 Wood mashie and then mashie hybrids.

That's gonna be critical. Imagine having a 3 wood that can find the FW every time and you still get 240 or so out of it. Bet this does it.

That's what I'm hoping for!

I'm think the 5 and 7 Mashie FW could be what I'm looking for.

TC with this club in his bag could be scary.

Back