Performance Sheets?

That is what I always thought too. And while the top layer plays a role, so does the material that we are sleeping on.

True that. I'm a down comforter guy, but I have to have high thread count sheets. It's the only way that combo works for me, so perhaps this makes sense.

True that. I'm a down comforter guy, but I have to have high thread count sheets. It's the only way that combo works for me, so perhaps this makes sense.

Im curious too.

DO NOT BUY THESE SHEETS. Trust me.

Once you buy these sheets, you're just a step away from entering the world of competitive sleeping, and you really don't want to go down that road. Oh, it starts off innocently enough, with just a few power naps between friends, but before you know you are signing up for sleeping events, adjusting your work schedule so that you can get in a training sleep, and later studying old grainy footage of Rip Van Winkle and debating the merits of the fetal position versus reverse spoon.

Before you know it, your kids are grown, your signing up for AARP, and your whole life has passed you by.

Let me serve as your warning.

I dont necessarily agree. Many people suffer from reckless nights of sleeping because of hot flashes, sleeping hot, or partners that like hotter temps than you. If a sheet can help control that temperature, similar to the way golf apparel today makes me feel cooler than those old cotton polos, than I think it could work. I am one of those people that definitely suffers when I do not sleep well. Not just on the golf course, but migraines occur as well.

This really explains us. I could sleep on a big cold rock, but Liz gets hot, cold, hot, cold and has a very reckless sleep. I try not to talk to her much in the AM, lol.

I actually woke up thinking about these this morning and I think these people also know a lot about marketing. The fall time and temp change is the perfect time to step up marketing of products like this. Who don't have trouble getting up this time of year? Or, at least getting out from under the covers. My bedding is very important to me, lol.

Once you buy these sheets, you're just a step away from entering the world of competitive sleeping, and you really don't want to go down that road. Oh, it starts off innocently enough, with just a few power naps between friends, but before you know you are signing up for sleeping events, adjusting your work schedule so that you can get in a training sleep, and later studying old grainy footage of Rip Van Winkle and debating the merits of the fetal position versus reverse spoon.

Before you know it, your kids are grown, your signing up for AARP, and your whole life has passed you by.

Hahaha, good one!

I can see how these would be nice for someone like myself. Im always too hot at night and when I get too hot I cant sleep. Not sure Id pay the prices though and I bet Tracy would say she's too cold lol

I can see how these would be nice for someone like myself. Im always too hot at night and when I get too hot I cant sleep. Not sure Id pay the prices though and I bet Tracy would say she's too cold lol

Same here. Wife is always cold and I am typically warm. If they work, I would still need them to drop in price.

It is neat to see a company looking at solutions for an age old problem it seems.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm not sure if these would help me or not. While I don't like to be too warm when I sleep that's usually not an issue for me. I'm also such a light sleeper as it is (unless I'm sick or have had too much red wine) so I'm not sure if these would help me sleep better or not.

HuH? How did you know me dude?

I'm got these devices in my house called a furnace and central air, they allow me to adjust the temperature so that I am comfortable. As a fall back position I also have these things called windows that can be opened or closed to adjust airflow and temperature. These devices allow me to sleep comfortably not only in a bed without $220 sheets on it but also in my favorite chair, couch or the doghouse I end up in on occasion.

as previously said, the people that buy these will load up on the performance bracelets!

As someone that gets very few hours of sleep a night (3-4hrs) I am up for anything and everything. Especially when I get up at 2:45am for work, I will go by Bedbath and beyond Sunday. If they have them I may buy them, I am dead serious. You should hear some of the crazy things I have bought/tried for better sleep. For those of you that can sleep anywhere and anytime, I am super jealous. Step into my world for a week and see how you feel after it, you will do anything for a solid nights sleep.

I dont even really use sheets. I mean, I cover the mattress with a sheet, but i dont use an over sheet to cover myself with. I use a comforter or a regular blanket. I hate out the sheets never stay tucked in and once they become untucked, it is near impossible to keep it on you. but maybe these are better. but I will never know.

They are comfy I tried them at the store once, but too expensive for what it is.

Performance sheets. I think I'm missing how the type of sheets affects your golf game. I'd say a good night's sleep no matter the sheets will do a good job of helping you perform better. I would like to try them if Tour players travel with them because they're so good. That must mean they're comfy as anything.

I'm all for paying more attention to the 1/3 of our lives that get no attention.

I actually have these wrapped up under the tree for me haha. Do I think they will make me golf better, no but a good nights sleep is something I dont get often so when I felt these and heard all the rave reviews on twitter I had to have them. I will let you know how they are after the 25th lol.

These sound interesting. I think I'll sleep on it. :laughing:

As Aziz Ansari would say, "It's like sleeping on lotion!"

Interesting little tid bit. I'm not for or against these sheets, I don't really believe they can "enhance" you golf game, but if they help some people sleep, why not? However, they're developed at the college I go to, and more specifically in the department I'm a part of. Developed by NCSU's TPACC (Textile Protection and Comfort Center), let me just tell you these aren't the same kind of product as the "ion bracelets" or whatever. These guys actually do legit research and are pretty nationally known. They've done work on a lot of fire resistance suits (Pyro-man, pyro-hands) that has been featured on National Geographic, and they do a lot of testing for Under Armour and Nike. I'm not telling anybody to go out and buy them, because I don't really care :D. I won't be buying them. Just wanted to throw in my 2cents that these guys really do great research and work. I wouldn't doubt this product if I had a need for it.

Ha - love that THP took on the testing challenge with these! As you said, nearly impossible to tell if these make you perform better but it is nice to hear firsthand from someone you trust that these are comfy sheets.

You will need these in Myrtle Beach. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Glad you did this JB...my GF and I are both "hot natured"....but hard to drop $250 on a set of sheets:bulgy-eyes:

Glad you did this JB...my GF and I are both "hot natured"....but hard to drop $250 on a set of sheets:bulgy-eyes:

I agree with you. I would like to see the price a little lower. If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond nearby, they always have those 20% coupons. Wait for a sale maybe, and then add the 20% on top of them. Being that both GG and I are hot sleepers as well, these have been a godsend for me personally.

Back