Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Baron can get anywhere close to the way he played against dallas 2007 he would be a great asset for NY...
But I highly doubt it

Nets resigned Humphries to a one-year deal. I can't believe they got him for one year, but it's a fantastic deal for them. He should help Lopez clean up the glass, and I think the Nets will be pretty good this year. Plus the one-year deal helps them get Howard. Great move.

Apparently Kris Humphries was voted by the players as the "Most Hated Player in the NBA". Weird. He doesn't even impact games very much.

Meanwhile, Kobe's gone and hurt himself again. Torn ligament in his wrist, and knowing him, he won't give it proper time to heal, and it will linger the whole season. This condensed season is going to really cause him some problems.

Oh Kobe Kobe Kobe.
Karma's a biotch!

No more championships for him. He's too fragile to be one of the best in the league anymore. He's done winning.

All I know is Miami looks scary good.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

All I know is Miami looks scary good.

So much. If it wasn't a short season I could see them challenging some of the best teams ever in terms of win %.

My Heat are in mid-season form!! Lebron 37-10-6 in the first game of the season?!?!?! Beating the Mavs by 35 in the 3rd?!?!? Ridiculous.

My Heat are in mid-season form!! Lebron 37-10-6 in the first game of the season?!?!?! Beating the Mavs by 35 in the 3rd?!?!? Ridiculous.

Yeah, it would've been ugly if they didn't empty the bench for most of the 4th.

The heat looked good but Dallas looked so bad. Not the same Dallas team from any stand point.
The heat need to win the title it doesn't matter if they go undefeated. If they done win the title, it will be a lost season

The heat looked good but Dallas looked so bad. Not the same Dallas team from any stand point.
The heat need to win the title it doesn't matter if they go undefeated. If they done win the title, it will be a lost season

I find the weird about Dallas. They lost Chandler but got Odom, and lost their backup PG. Not a terribly different team, but so terribly different from a team play standpoint.

Hey that "shoot first" Derrick rose kid ain't too bad!

I find the weird about Dallas. They lost Chandler but got Odom, and lost their backup PG. Not a terribly different team, but so terribly different from a team play standpoint.
They are a really different team in my opinion. JJ provided an instant spark off the bench in just about every game. Chandler solidified their defense. He guards the basket as well as anyone. He is also a great rebounder. That is a huge loss. Lamar Odom is a really good player, but he is not the defensive presence that Chandler was. He should be starting over Marion though.

People don't need to sleep on this Memphis team, they are playing my spurs pretty well.

People don't need to sleep on this Memphis team, they are playing my spurs pretty well.
I don't think people will after the showing they had in the playoffs last season. They have a really athletic team and Zach Randolph is a beast.

The Mavericks are getting blown out in their own building for the second straight day. They are down 69-42 to Denver at halftime!

The Mavericks are getting blown out in their own building for the second straight day. They are down 69-42 to Denver at halftime!

Wow. Didn't think that they'd struggle this badly early.

I think the Grizz are overrated because they are young. Just last year they were drawing comparisons to the Thunder because they were the two youngest teams in the league. I think these two teams are on a whole different level from each other. The Grizz are a fringe playoff team in a weak Western Conference IMO.

I'm watching Celtics vs. Heat. The Heat are frighteningly athletic on both ends of the floor, they are blowing out the Celtics.

I think the Grizz are overrated because they are young. Just last year they were drawing comparisons to the Thunder because they were the two youngest teams in the league. I think these two teams are on a whole different level from each other. The Grizz are a fringe playoff team in a weak Western Conference IMO.

Weak compared to what? The east?

I also just found the girlfriend got us tickets to the Spurs/Mavs game next Thursday. I can't friggin wait!

I'm watching Celtics vs. Heat. The Heat are frighteningly athletic on both ends of the floor, they are blowing out the Celtics.

Their athleticism is unreal on both ends.

What I really want to see out of the heat this year(mainly James) is a better perimeter game. Loving what I have seen so far, but, it's a long way till the end.

What I really want to see out of the heat this year(mainly James) is a better perimeter game. Loving what I have seen so far, but, it's a long way till the end.

No 3s from him or Wade through 2 games so far, interesting. That Norris Cole kid can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back