Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
The lockout is all but over. A 66 game season starting on Christmas. I love the NBA, so let's get this thing started!

NBA Free Agent List:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12

I think the Heat will win the NBA Championship this year. What do all of you think?

The only thing I ever hope for in the NBA is Kobe Bryant to fall flat on his face.

The only thing I ever hope for in the NBA is Kobe Bryant to fall flat on his face.

I don't mind Kobe. He works really hard and is totally relentless. He's done winning championships and being in the upper tier of NBA players, but I still hope he succeeds.

I'm pretty excited we are getting a season, especially since this is probably the Spurs last shot at a title for a while.
I also hope this thread doesn't get flooded with people telling us how much they hate the NBA.

I don't mind Kobe. He works really hard and is totally relentless. He's done winning championships and being in the upper tier of NBA players, but I still hope he succeeds.

He sure was when "she" said no.

Not proven. Not even close.

I can vote for that! I cannot stand Kobe.

Unless we are talking about Kobe beef, now that stuff rocks!

Not proven. Not even close.

WHAT? Let me know when you are rooting for OJ okay. If you want to root for a guy like that all the power to you, but dont use the excuse that it was not proven until you educate yourself on the case.

WHAT? Let me know when you are rooting for OJ okay. If you want to root for a guy like that all the power to you, but dont use the excuse that it was not proven until you educate yourself on the case.

Yes JB, I know about the case. Lots of evidence against him, but it was not proven. I don't take it upon myself to sit atop my pedestal and judge others on such matters. Yes I may think he did it (which I don't), but the penal system of our country didn't. That's good enough for me.

He only said he had an adulterous sexual encounter with her. I think it was some random lady hooking up with Kobe Bryant, then wanting her 15 minutes of fame and some money, so she accused him of assault.

Reactions: JB
Yes JB, I know about the case. Lots of evidence against him, but it was not proven. I don't take it upon myself to sit atop my pedestal and judge others on such matters. Yes I may think he did it (which I don't), but the penal system of our country didn't. That's good enough for me.

He only said he had an adulterous sexual encounter with her. I think it was some random lady hooking up with Kobe Bryant, then wanting her 15 minutes of fame and some money, so she accused him of assault.

FALSE! Not only did he pay her off to settle the civil suit, here is an exact quote from Kobe himself after the case was dismissed.

"After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

I guess him saying she did not consent was also indicative of him not doing it. He is a piece of garbage that committed one of the most heinous crimes a man can commit.

He didn't actually say that she didn't consent. He said he could see how she might think that she didn't. To this day he denies his guilt.

"Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant's publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt on his part."

She wouldn't even testify in the case. I refuse to believe that she didn't want what happened. Then afterwards, she wanted money and fame, which she got. Good for her. Sucks that a famous athelete can't do anything nowadays without getting in some sort of trouble.

I give up. Enjoy your Kobe....

I find that last post absolutely disgusting and will NOT go down this path.

I'll believe what I want and you believe what you want... That's fair enough. :D

Go Nets. Resign D-Will and then get Dwight Howard. Yeah!

I hope anyone but Miami wins (Cleveland native bias)

I hope anyone but Miami wins (Cleveland native bias)

I don't think it's just Cleveland natives that hope that. I know a ton of people who hate the Heat. I don't hate them, I just don't want them to beat the Nets.

Whew this new thread is a little toasty. I won't get into it as I don't have kind words about Kobe.

Go Blazers. If we have less than 5 knee surgeries as a team this year, it's a successful year.

Ummmm.....go Mavs!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ummmm.....go Mavs!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I've got a couple friends who are Mavs fans for no odd reason. Born and raised in the Portland area, yet they don't support the Blazers at all. Any reason on why people do this? One guy said it was because of Dirk. I say support your local/home team! Thoughts?

I've got a couple friends who are Mavs fans for no odd reason. Born and raised in the Portland area, yet they don't support the Blazers at all. Any reason on why people do this? One guy said it was because of Dirk. I say support your local/home team! Thoughts?

Cuban is a big reason in some areas.
Im a big fan of supporting the team that is local.

Everything in TX is better?? Who knows....same thing with the Dallas Cowboys having fans ALL over the place. The history speaks for itself there but not so much with the Mavs.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Me too, but then the NBA went and stole my team in the middle of the night.

They have Cubans on their team? :confused:

Just kidding and good point. I love Mark Cuban and wish more owners were like him. Not sure if anyone watches(or listens to) the Dan Patrick show, but he has been on there multiple times and is a real stand up guy. From what I know, he does things the right way and gets the job done. He is the type of owner than many fans, me included, would be if we were so fortunate to own an NBA team.

Now that I have finished reading the Kobe files!!!! I'm really over the NBA and some of its players. Two months of no action will have passed by the time they tip it on Christmas day. People have no worked or seen the benefits of having an NBA team. Did the new CBA include provisions for all the little people that got hurt?!

So apparently the Chinese don't want the players that have committed to play there to go back to the NBA. Some of the guys that have committed to playing there: Wilson Chandler, Aaron Brooks, JR Smith, and Kenyon Martin. The Chinese say that they can return when their contracts run out in March. Pretty lame, I hope those guys get out of it.

I actually like Kobe. Hes fun to watch. Hes the only one who has ever had the power to make me sit down and watch a basketball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back