TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

I had a very bad putting day with the GS. I made one 25 footer for birdie but missed so many putts and 3 jacked 3 times. Just wasnt feeling it on the green.

If I were to go away from my Odyssey White Hot Two Ball... it would be for the Spider Ghost in 35". Everytime I putt with one the results are real solid.

Alex

Mine will have to be pryed from my cold dead hands.
I love it !

Just ordered a Iomic Oversized for the GS, its the putter grip I have used on my last 3 or 4 putters and not sure why I went away from it with this putter, guess I just wanted to try something new but I have had enough of the Black Widow grip. Cant wait to have that great feeling grip back in my hands!

I am so far in a serious honeymoon period with mine. I really like how forgiving it is. You can really feel the MOI.

I haven't updated this thread in a while and it is about time that I should. I have been playing the Ghost Spider putter for a few months now and statistically I have been putting better these past few months than ever before. I feel like I am always around 30-35 putts, with 30 being my goal and I feel very confident over a 5 foot putt now. I have had several playing partner comment on how nice the ball comes off the face and I totally agree that the insert in this putter is superb! There was a few weeks were I was missing putts to the right, so I changed my grip to a standard size grip and I have been really happy with it. I don't forsee anything kicking this putter out of my bag for a VERY long time!

I haven't updated this thread in a while and it is about time that I should. I have been playing the Ghost Spider putter for a few months now and statistically I have been putting better these past few months than ever before. I feel like I am always around 30-35 putts, with 30 being my goal and I feel very confident over a 5 foot putt now. I have had several playing partner comment on how nice the ball comes off the face and I totally agree that the insert in this putter is superb! There was a few weeks were I was missing putts to the right, so I changed my grip to a standard size grip and I have been really happy with it. I don't forsee anything kicking this putter out of my bag for a VERY long time!

Great to hear Dr.! Have you given any more thought to trying it as a belly putter or are you going with the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" motto?

I received a Ghost Belly Spider for Christmas. I got it out on the putting green for the first time today. My previous putter is a SeeMore Si3 35". I have to say that I have carried over a lot of the fundamentals from my SeeMore to any new putter I try, especially posture and set up. I have to say that I'm still figuring where to exactly put my hands. I am staying mostly with my previous conventional putter grip and just determining how low to grip it.

I was able to get into a nice groove with it and control the speed fairly well. I had some nice groupings around the hole markers on the practice greens (no actual holes). I have never had a high end milled non insert putter such as a Bettinardi or Scotty so I can't comment as to comparison as feel goes with them but as far as insert putters this one is very good. The ball comes off just great. It flows very smoothly with the head shape and weights. It seems to float through the air and is nicely balanced. With the combination of the white head and alignment aids this putter is very easy to get lined up.

I'm gonna dive into this putter and hopefully get some results. First round is tomorrow!

Once again this putter haunts me. Rolled a bunch of putters at GG again today and once again this one dropped putts like Team Hackers dropping Parasities and THP wannabe's. Stupid Spider Ghost may get another run at the bag.

Once again this putter haunts me. Rolled a bunch of putters at GG again today and once again this one dropped putts like Team Hackers dropping Parasities and THP wannabe's. Stupid Spider Ghost may get another run at the bag.

Sounds like a winner!

I also rolled this when rolling the Drone and came away very impressed. Very easy to line up, stable, and a solid feel.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm on and off with the Spider, some days I drain everything from around 5 feet, and others I can't seem to drop anything. That being said, it is incredibly easy to line up, and I do love the insert. Distance control is my main issue with this putter.

I'm on and off with the Spider, some days I drain everything from around 5 feet, and others I can't seem to drop anything. That being said, it is incredibly easy to line up, and I do love the insert. Distance control is my main issue with this putter.

Same here. This post is pretty much spot on for me. Unless Im in Golf Galaxy where I can drain a putt from the other side of the store, left handed, one eye closed and with one leg behind my back.

Same here. This post is pretty much spot on for me. Unless Im in Golf Galaxy where I can drain a putt from the other side of the store, left handed, one eye closed and with one leg behind my back.

I swear they funnel their putting green so that it's easier to drain a putt. I was in there yesterday trying out the Ghost TM-110 blade and hit 8/10 putts from across the green.

I swear they funnel their putting green so that it's easier to drain a putt. I was in there yesterday trying out the Ghost TM-110 blade and hit 8/10 putts from across the green.

I think so too. So, if I putt really bad with a putter in GG I know it will NEVER work on a real green. I was putting well with the TM-770 I think it was too. Just about as good as the Spider.

Great to hear Dr.! Have you given any more thought to trying it as a belly putter or are you going with the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" motto?

I know this is super belated, but I am definitely in the if it ain't broke dont fix it mode. I have been putting really well with this putter and feel like I have spent a significant amount of time practicing with it, so I am not anxious to move away from it.

I am putting the belly putter into play tomorrow. We will see how this grand experience goes. I'm hoping for a solid performance and am a little sad to leave the SeeMore behind tomorrow. I was skimming edges like crazy last week, maybe this week I'll start dropping shots.

It's cool how this thread just pops up often. I haven't participated too much in it and for that I apologize. I have been rolling the center shafted spider ghost for a few months now and it's getting better and better for me. I fear that I'm a full on mallet fan at this point. Lag putting is what's improved the absolute most for me with this putter. It's very easy to align and it's been such an asset to my golf bag.

So far, I've seen nothing in the means of paint chipping or anything like that. Although I do hate using it when it's damp or when the greens have been punched. The Pure Roll insert is super consistent and aggressive. I love the way the ball comes off the face. It definitely isn't a "soft" insert.

TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

It's cool how this thread just pops up often. I haven't participated too much in it and for that I apologize. I have been rolling the center shafted spider ghost for a few months now and it's getting better and better for me. I fear that I'm a full on mallet fan at this point. Lag putting is what's improved the absolute most for me with this putter. It's very easy to align and it's been such an asset to my golf bag.

So far, I've seen nothing in the means of paint chipping or anything like that. Although I do hate using it when it's damp or when the greens have been punched. The Pure Roll insert is super consistent and aggressive. I love the way the ball comes off the face. It definitely isn't a "soft" insert.

Well said. These are my same thoughts as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I've been loving this putter since I got it. Last few rounds though I haven't felt at ease with it. I cant seem to get my swing right and my distance control is way out. I am either hitting it to hot or leaving myself a few feet short on long putts. There has even been the occasional 2-3 foot putt that I've missed. Lining up with this thing inspires so much confidence even when your putting badly though. Think I need to spend some time on the practice green.

Have any of you guys that are seeing issues with your distance control considered cutting it down 0.5-1"?

It would probably work. I've been gripping further down the club to help remedy it.

Been thinking about regripping mine with a mid size grip.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Been thinking about regripping mine with a mid size grip.

I put a Winn Jumbo grip on mine and I absolutely love it.
That grip really helps take away my tendancy to flip my wrists through the putt.
My Ghost Spider has spun it's web so deep into my golf bag, I doubt it will ever leave.

Last edited:
I have a 33" with a super stroke slim on it. Love it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Ghost Spider Belly today and have been putting around my house all night. It seems really great so far. I need to get out to the practice green ASAP. We need more daylight, stupid daylight savings. I already feel like this putter is going to be an improvement over my old Ping Anser. The question is our team match play starts in less than 2 weeks, do I dare game this in the opening round? I haven't changed putters in 18 years. I guess I have this weekend to figure it out.

Back