TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason Day has quietly having an incredible golf season and with the TaylorMade Ghost Spider putter has finished in 2nd place in the first two majors of the year. Day is continuing to putt extremely well and has had the popular Spider model for quite some time now.

In 2008, TaylorMade launched the Monza Spider, a uniquely designed high MOI putter that grabbed global attention for its radical shape, extraordinary stability and performance, and rapid tour success. In 2010, TaylorMade launched the Corza Ghost, the first in a series of putters whose white-colored heads make it dramatically easier to aim the face accurately, while also eliminating the distraction of glare on the crown. Now TaylorMade is introducing the Ghost Spider, which combines the head construction, size and high MOI of the Monza Spider with the white alignment benefits of the Corza Ghost.

Like the original Corza Ghost and the entire TaylorMade Ghost series family, the Ghost Spider was developed with input from the hottest putting instructor in the game, TaylorMade Tour Staff professional Dave Stockton. "Dave convinced us that the concept of a white-headed putter was a good one, and he was absolutely right," said Sean Toulon, executive vice president of TaylorMade. "Dozens of tour pros are using TaylorMade Ghost putters, including last year's Vardon Trophy winner on the PGA Tour.

Ghost Spider prototypes were created at the request of numerous tour professionals and have been put in play on the PGA, Champions and European tours. TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff professional Jason Day used a Ghost Spider prototype in his T2 finish at this year’s Masters and U.S. Open, resulting in widespread consumer inquiries.

"Fans of the Monza Spider, of which there are many, will be blown away by the Ghost Spider," said Stockton. "We've never made a putter that combines this kind of forgiveness and ease of use. Putting is all about confidence, and the Ghost Spider promotes confidence, big time."

Benefits of White Alignment
The study of thousands of putting strokes using our proprietary MAT-T (Motion Analysis Technology by TaylorMade) System revealed that 65% of golfers fail to square the putterface to the target from 12 feet, leading to inaccurate putts and higher scores.* The Ghost Spider's white head contrasts sharply with the turf to make it dramatically easier to determine where the face is aimed. The Ghost Spider also incorporates the Monza Spider's acclaimed "basketball court" system of alignment on the crown to further facilitate proper alignment.

In addition, the Ghost Spider's white finish eliminates the distractions of glare and "hot spots" caused by reflected sunlight, making it easier for the player to focus his or her full attention on aiming the putter accurately and executing a sound stroke.

High MOI for Stability; Movable Weight Technology for Customization
Like the Monza Spider, the Ghost Spider incorporates the same innovative, steel wire-frame construction that concentrates most of the weight in the perimeter, which creates the high MOI that makes the putterhead so highly resistant to twisting on off-center hits. The Ghost Spider also shares the Monza Spider's Movable Weight Technology™ (MWT®), which allows the user to customize the feel by changing the weights to make the head heavier or lighter.

PURE ROLL Surlyn Insert
The Ghost Spider is equipped with TaylorMade's patented PURE ROLL insert, which promotes forwardspin to help reduce skidding to encourage a smooth, accurate roll and precise speed control. The PURE ROLL insert's soft Surlyn construction delivers a satisfyingly soft sound and feel at impact.

Availability and Pricing
The TaylorMade Ghost Spider is offered in single-bend and center-shafted models in the 33", 34" and 35" stock lengths, left- and right-handed, at a street price of $179. A mid-length "belly" version is available in 41" and 43" stock lengths at a street price of $199.

Here are some in hand pictures of the latest putter from TaylorMade.

DSC5991-L.jpg

DSC5992-L.jpg

DSC5993-L.jpg

DSC5994-L.jpg

DSC5995-L.jpg

DSC5996-L.jpg

DSC5997-L.jpg

Last edited:
That is beautiful! I was worried this might look a little bulky or have too many sight lines going on, but they worked in nicely. If I were in the market for a putter, this is one I'd be going after. Is there going to be a review of this? If so, I can't wait to hear it!!

BulldogsGolf

Crazy looking flatstick, but it's hard to argue the functionality of it with Day dropping bombs all weekend.

Have you rolled it much JB?

I really liked the previous version of the Spider, but never pulled the trigger. It's not pretty, but it really seemed to work.

Looks really nice, just not my cup of tea as far a design goes. I prefer something simple, but I really love the white. I really like the spider design on the grip also. Neat little touch.

• Admin
Crazy looking flatstick, but it's hard to argue the functionality of it with Day dropping bombs all weekend.

Have you rolled it much JB?

Not yet.

I have a feeling this may become GolferGals new putter. If I remember right, she was a fan of the spider(though I could be horribly wrong there).

• Admin
I have a feeling this may become GolferGals new putter. If I remember right, she was a fan of the spider(though I could be horribly wrong there).

She liked the Viscino model. But she uses a Cleveland Classic.

Man, this looks so good. I didnt love the original but I would like to roll this one

JB...is this model as big as the original spider or more like the Itsy Bitsy?

She liked the Viscino model. But she uses a Cleveland Classic.

that's what I thought, but I couldn't remember if it was that or the Itsy Bitsy.

I love the looks of the grip on this model!

I'm not a fan of the looks at all. But it does seem to work for people.

The grip is my favorite part. That just looks sick!

JB...is this model as big as the original spider or more like the Itsy Bitsy?

I dont have either of them to compare, but it is pretty big...hehe
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Man, that is a nice looking putter, to bad if I get another one, my wife might hurt me...

I think this looks a lot nicer than the original. I'd give it a roll for sure.

Day is having a great year, but man that is one ugly putter.

Maybe it's just me but when I look at this putter there is way too much going on. I like to look down at something simple. As long as I have my line and I have something that helps me see it I dont need all that.

I rolled a few with the new Ghost putter (not sure of the style) not the spider and wow. Ball comes off perfect and the weight was great. I have been a big Odyssey fan for a while but I may have to drop some cash on this bad boy. To me the most impressive thing was the ball coming off the face, just a good roll and no jump.

That looks a lot better than I thought it would. I guess Ghosting = Pretty! :D Not quite my style, but it is a looker. Day has been rolling that so well.

Want, want, want!!! I have an original itsy, it is pretty good when I am on. This just screams buy me. I could only hope that there will be chance to test these. Nothing like rolling in birdies with a spaceship

I thought the original spider was one of the ugliest putters ever made, but this one is not all that bad. I'm not sure I would game it, but it is much better looking in white.

That is one sweet looking flat stick!

The sightlines on that putter are really awesome. I think they look better than the regular three lines the corza and daytona ghosts have.

Back