Nike VR_S Forged Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some in hand preview pictures of the forged line.

i-nwmqh6Z-L.jpg

i-jQNFbm3-L.jpg

i-9CdBcWs-L.jpg

i-bSdnKkj-L.jpg

i-V83nQL2-L.jpg

i-VW3bpB5-L.jpg

i-ZL2kzcG-L.jpg

Those are gorgeous. Are those the irons Dean and I hit down there?

I really like the look of these. Pretty thick topline - will these fall into the GI or SGI categories? Also, is that a stock Nippon shaft or something else? Not familiar with that sticker on the shaft.

Wow....those have to be the best looking Nike irons I have ever seen.

• Admin
Those are gorgeous. Are those the irons Dean and I hit down there?

Yes.

I really like the look of these. Pretty thick topline - will these fall into the GI or SGI categories? Also, is that a stock Nippon shaft or something else? Not familiar with that sticker on the shaft.

Im not a fan of categories, because I think the line has been blurred for some time now. If I had to say, I would say game improvement, with some enhancement thrown in. Similar to my Z-Stars in that regard.

The bottom portion reminds me of the Cobra S3 Max.

Im not a fan of categories, because I think the line has been blurred for some time now. If I had to say, I would say game improvement, with some enhancement thrown in. Similar to my Z-Stars in that regard.

Understand - thanks!

Hot looking iron - no doubt about that.

These irons felt awesome. ONly had a few swings with them as Dean hogged it all up. Nice high ballflight and looong! These are Nike ZStars basically. Gorgeous

Great looking irons, I imagine these will perform amazingly as Nike seems to improve on their already great irons each year

Bit to busy for my liking but im sure they will perform well.

I really like these - Nice job by Nike! They are a little thick for my taste but I am a fan of the iron, very classy and business looking. I'd really like to see more game improvement irons follow this trend.

Wow those are some awesome looking irons. I really like what Nike has started bringing to the table in the past year or so. Great job Nike!

Those are absolutely stunning.... After the love affair I had with the Machspeeds (I still have them), I need to hit these in the worst way!

Very, very nice.

I can tell everybody that these are really solid in our early testing. Beautiful irons in hand and even better performance packed into the package. Great ball flight, mixed with very good forgiveness gives me an early winner. Add to that the interaction at turf contact and you have something that I am really fond of. So far, I like what I am seeing here.

I can tell everybody that these are really solid in our early testing. Beautiful irons in hand and even better performance packed into the package. Great ball flight, mixed with very good forgiveness gives me an early winner. Add to that the interaction at turf contact and you have something that I am really fond of. So far, I like what I am seeing here.

As soon as you mentioned Z-Star as comparable my ears perked up as I was on the hunt for those. I could really see these being a very solid iron for someone like myself in search of some forgiveness.

That's really good to hear. The evolution of iron sets is really amazing to me. I really hope these take off, as I believe Nike has put out some really great irons lately. These are tops on my must hit list (after MC sponsors..).

That is awesome to hear JB. Maybe Nike will be willing to try another forum testing with these. I love the testing results that the Combo set received from our members.

These look super nice. I like the concept of a forged GIish iron, ala JPX 800 Pro. It's also great marketing for those buyers who typically balk at cast irons but want forgiveness.

The looks/design of these remind me a lot of the Z Stars. These are some slick looking irons, I am liking what Nike is throwing out there this year so far.

Really like what I see in these. Any time Z-stars are mentioned in the looks department that's a good thing. Loved the Machspeed irons as the only other Nike iron that Ive played, cant wait to hit these.

Really like what I see in these. Any time Z-stars are mentioned in the looks department that's a good thing. Loved the Machspeed irons as the only other Nike iron that Ive played, cant wait to hit these.

I wonder if the lofts on these are on roids like the ZStars? That would be appealing if they were.

Very nice looking irons from Nike! They appear to be a forged game improvement iron. I wish I had hit the Z Stars to have some comparison, but I haven't. If the clubhead size is still similar to the Pro Combo's from Nike, I look forward to trying them out sometime. Also, I like the Nippon shaft line. The 950's are a lightweight steel shaft if my memory is correct this morning.

I wonder if the lofts on these are on roids like the ZStars? That would be appealing if they were.

Removed - wrong link.

Last edited:
Back