Nike VR_S Forged Irons

Did the ball flight change a lot from the stock Nippons to the KBS Tours JB? I could be wrong, but I thought I read that you liked the Nippons. Are the Tours that much better?

I do like the Nippon shafts, but I prefer the feel of the KBS line. The ball flight is slightly lower.

I do like the Nippon shafts, but I prefer the feel of the KBS line. The ball flight is slightly lower.

Cool, thanks. I saw the pics with the Tours, very nice.

these look very nice cant wait to try them

Somewhat I guess. As I mentioned in the review, they have blurred the lines here a little bit. I would compare them ironically enough to the Z-Stars, but that might not help you.

It does from a top line perspective as we ordered a set in last fall for guy. As for playability, we didn't ever carry them in stock or have demo's, but thanks anyways.

It took a long time, but I finally changed out my beloved Z-Stars. Still have lots of love for the Srixon irons as they suited me well for quite a while, but these irons are working really well for me right now.

I saw this sig change earlier today and shed a tear lol.

When I tried these I did an extensive head to head at PGA Superstore with a VR_S forged 6i vs a ZStar 6i. Both Nippon shafts although a different weight. I just couldn't make the switch. They were 3-4 yards longer but I didn't feel quite as smitten with the feel/sound of these or dispersion. They felt/sounded thicker. Just personal preferences though man and I knew you had said you really, really liked these.

Nice jb! That , to me, says a lot about these irons

I've been pondering these clubs for about 2 weeks already (since i hit them the first time) and they keep on growing on me.

Since i have the ability to try a lot of clubs on a trackman i do that as often as i can. Last saturday i was at the local golf shop trying them out and comparing them against the Ci11:s that i've also been eyeballing. When i was there last time i was told that PX 5.5 was the shaft to go for me after using the Mizuno shaft analyzer. So today i compared the PX 5.5 against the KBS C-Taper shaft with the VR_S forged head. I was seeing my ordinary ~155yard carry with the PX 5.5 and little roll out. But when i changed to the KBS C-Taper i was amazed. I have always thought that i needed a high trajectory shaft to helt me gain distance but boy i was wrong.. On my mishits i had about ~150yard carry but on those good hits i could barely believe the numbers i was seeing. The trackman told me that i had ~168yard carry and almost another 15 yards of roll out (yes that number needs to be taken with a grain of salt). And one time i even reached 175yard carry. I have never ever seen such good numbers on a trackman with a 7 iron by myself. If i didnt hit diffrent clubs with diffrent shafts on the same trackman i would have just walked away and just assume the trackman was on roids. I liked the VR_S with the PX shaft but i frecking lub it with the C-Tapers. Ponder is over. These clubs will be mine as soon as the snow starts to melt here. Would just suck to have them and only be able to hit them indoors ;)

I've called 5 major golf stores in Seattle and they're all carrying the regular VR_S but not the forged.

I know it's a terrible idea to buy clubs without testing them first, but for some reason I think these irons will work for me.

Any Diablo Forged users make this switch?

Back