Spring 2012 Mid-Atlantic Golf Get Together

Charles D

Reaction score
Handicap
As some of us have discussed here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Together-for-PA-MD-DE-NJ-NY-Or-E.-Ohio/page22, we're looking to have a Spring 2012 Mid-Atlantic golf outing. At least in our initial discussions we're looking at:
  • late March or early April 2012
  • central/eastern PA or central/south Jersey
  • 2 days with overnight accommodations, however open to anyone who can attend either day
At this point, I would imagine that we probably should settle on a general location and some course suggestions. Personally I would prefer a course that has 36 holes or a location that has several good courses nearby.

If you're interested, feel free to post below so we can maintain a list. Also, feel free to offer any location suggestions or course suggestions. Definitely a great idea and I'm looking forward to making this happen.

"The List"
Charles D
MattyKrack17
nndosi
Damaikis
Mike T
pbaker1971
Buckjob
Hanks
Thechosen1
Steelpresident

Last edited:
Mee

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Thread subscribed. I am definitely interested. I'll have to look into some courses.

As you get closer to May, it may be hard for those that are attending the Annual THP Outing. The earlier dates may work better for many.

Me. Central Jersey is best for me. Bunch of good courses there.

As you get closer to May, it may be hard for those that are attending the Annual THP Outing. The earlier dates may work better for many.

We'll definitely try to stick with the late March/early April time frame. That works for me.

When Mary planned it for last fall, we had a Saturday afternoon round and a Sunday morning round. I had to pass on Sunday. It made it possible to travel on Sat morning and return home Sunday afternoon with only one nite on the road. There were 2 different courses and they were near each other. You could probably get more info on MaryC's thinking from her. There was a Virginia get together that I had to pass on because of a Sat morning tee time and couldn't make the trip in time.

Yeah late march early April. is good. No may as I'm outing bound!!

Add me to that list please.

When Mary planned it for last fall, we had a Saturday afternoon round and a Sunday morning round. I had to pass on Sunday. It made it possible to travel on Sat morning and return home Sunday afternoon with only one nite on the road. There were 2 different courses and they were near each other. You could probably get more info on MaryC's thinking from her. There was a Virginia get together that I had to pass on because of a Sat morning tee time and couldn't make the trip in time.

I agree. That would definitely work best.

So where do you all want to play? Central Jersey, Poconos, or wherever?

And I would really love it if we could do it at the end of March. I go back to school the 27th (Tuesday), and would love to play the weekend before then!

add me to list.

So where do you all want to play? Central Jersey, Poconos, or wherever?

And I would really love it if we could do it at the end of March. I go back to school the 27th (Tuesday), and would love to play the weekend before then!

If we decided to do it a little later, like the first weekend in April, could you still make it?

How how S Jersey? I saw a couple decent courses, Ballentine, Scottland Run or we could even look at Atlantic City.

AC! Twisted dunes is a must! I promise

AC! Twisted dunes is a must! I promise

I've heard wonderful things about that course. And if it was down there, I could definately make it.

im in whenever where ever.... i think if were looking to do the poconos in the fall we should play somewhere else in the spring.... couple of nice courses in AC... but they are expensive.

Damaikis mentioned it earlier and I'm just throwing it out there but Mercer Oaks has 36 holes. They have a Links style course and a traditional style course as well. I play here about once a week, good rates some nice holes and well maintained.

http://www.golfmercercounty.com/

Buck is wise.....Poconos in the fall....Philly area in the spring. So let it be written, so let it be done

im in whenever where ever.... i think if were looking to do the poconos in the fall we should play somewhere else in the spring.... couple of nice courses in AC... but they are expensive.

Buck is wise.....Poconos in the fall....Philly area in the spring. So let it be written, so let it be done

I like this! The Poconos are so lovely in the Fall and if you do Philly/AC area in the spring that makes it really easy for me to plan the Fall get together.

I hope to be able to make the Spring and Fall. It's lots of fun meeting up with fellow THPers. The Fall get together has the Plaid Jacket for those willing to engage. Perhaps a different Token Item can be played for Any ideas?

Add me to that list please

I was thinking philly area(heard of some great places near there but don't know much) I'm good with the timing maybe the weekend before easter sunday?

I'd be down if it were closer to Central PA. Plenty of good courses around there but I'd certainly understand if you went a little further east with it. I'd still try and make it even if it were a little further depending on the date.

Could the Gettysburg area be something to consider? Always heard The Links at Gettysburg is a very quality track. I've actually never been to Gettysburg so I think it'd be pretty cool.

Back