The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will only mention this once and then we will ask that it goes away.

How in the world, is consumer testing paying for positive reviews when the only action we request is to be honest? Instead, someone will blindly believe someone else that they know nothing about, never meet (at outings or anything else). Consumer testing is a wonderful thing that because some people are not doing it, denounce it as bunk.

All THP will ever and have ever asked any single tester is TO BE HONEST!

When you offer testing from every company under the sun, large and small, advertiser or not, how in the world is bias involved? What it comes down to is some people not understanding, not wanting to understand, or jealous of what this wonderful community does and because of that, acts out about it. There is a way to try and discredit every single act of review, and frankly none of them are worth discussing. Truth is, every review is subjective, whether its pure numbers or discussing looks. Each one can be dissected and if we were the type of people that did that, we would point fingers at others too. However we do our own thing here and have a great place because of it and the people here. I would not rather live my life in the negative and be so "anti-establishment" that I forget to stop and realize that people are doing good things when they help others and that is all we want to do here. Have people help people.

The slogan says it all. Dont just play golf....Live it! That is what we do, because that is what we believe in.

Well said JB!

TXCEX.gif

Epic post JB....repped!

I think one thing that forgets to be mentioned when people citing the whole 'paying for positive reviews' thing is that over the past few years golf companies have been producing some pretty damn good equipment and have each stepped up their own game in some way. Whether that be marketing, promotion, technology, pricing, quality, etc it's hard to argue with the fact that things are just made better and are for the benefit of more golfers and not just the better players. Those factors and results (or even lackthereof) are shown in each THP review or forum member testing thread.

I will only mention this once and then we will ask that it goes away.

How in the world, is consumer testing paying for positive reviews when the only action we request is to be honest? Instead, someone will blindly believe someone else that they know nothing about, never meet (at outings or anything else). Consumer testing is a wonderful thing that because some people are not doing it, denounce it as bunk.

All THP will ever and have ever asked any single tester is TO BE HONEST!

When you offer testing from every company under the sun, large and small, advertiser or not, how in the world is bias involved? What it comes down to is some people not understanding, not wanting to understand, or jealous of what this wonderful community does and because of that, acts out about it. There is a way to try and discredit every single act of review, and frankly none of them are worth discussing. Truth is, every review is subjective, whether its pure numbers or discussing looks. Each one can be dissected and if we were the type of people that did that, we would point fingers at others too. However we do our own thing here and have a great place because of it and the people here. I would not rather live my life in the negative and be so "anti-establishment" that I forget to stop and realize that people are doing good things when they help others and that is all we want to do here. Have people help people.

The slogan says it all. Dont just play golf....Live it! That is what we do, because that is what we believe in.

Read in another thread that Cookie has decided to come back to the delicious carnivore side. Hats off to him for finally seeing the light.

He should eat a package of bacon tomorrow for breakfast just to see what he's been without for so long.

Doh - my apologies! So, yes - I decided to move away from being a vegan. I had been one since Christmas 2010. Initially, I was doing it to support my wife. She was doing it because it helps her arthritis and because of the animal humane issue.

One of my goals for 2012 is to really get into shape. For me, that currently means gaining weight and not losing it. I absolutely hate being overweight. I was overweight through HS and was 192 when I joined the Marine Corps in July 1995. 3 months later, I was 160.

As of last Sunday, I was 148.8 and after working out for a week I had dropped down to 147. I know that to put on the 10-12 pounds of muscle I want it will take more calories, fat, and protein (protein being the most important). So, that prompted me to ditch being a vegan. I will still eat clean but have added tuna, chicken, and a little bit of cheese back to my diet.

Looked at a photo of me on Facebook from the summer of 2010 on Monday and realized how PISSED I was for wasting what I worked hard to build up to. I must say myself, I looked pretty damn good then. :D

Not because of MC trash talk i hope? hehehe

Doh - my apologies! So, yes - I decided to move away from being a vegan. I had been one since Christmas 2010. Initially, I was doing it to support my wife. She was doing it because it helps her arthritis and because of the animal humane issue.

One of my goals for 2012 is to really get into shape. For me, that currently means gaining weight and not losing it. I absolutely hate being overweight. I was overweight through HS and was 192 when I joined the Marine Corps in July 1995. 3 months later, I was 160.

As of last Sunday, I was 148.8 and after working out for a week I had dropped down to 147. I know that to put on the 10-12 pounds of muscle I want it will take more calories, fat, and protein (protein being the most important). So, that prompted me to ditch being a vegan. I will still eat clean but have added tuna, chicken, and a little bit of cheese back to my diet.

Looked at a photo of me on Facebook from the summer of 2010 on Monday and realized how PISSED I was for wasting what I worked hard to build up to. I must say myself, I looked pretty damn good then. :D

Not because of MC trash talk i hope? hehehe

Haha - nope! Well, kinda....the trash talk about winning, etc made me realize I need to be on the TOP of my game in all aspects come July and that includes being physically fit. So, thanks JB and TC. You have turned vegan/tofu boy into a fish & chicken eater with the occasional red meat! ha

Thats too bad, kinda.

Haha - nope! Well, kinda....the trash talk about winning, etc made me realize I need to be on the TOP of my game in all aspects come July and that includes being physically fit. So, thanks JB and TC. You have turned vegan/tofu boy into a fish & chicken eater with the occasional red meat! ha

*checks facebook*

Thats too bad, kinda.

Just messing around. No, this really was purely about me wanting to get back where I was physically a few years ago. The lack of working out/stretching, etc has caused me lower back issues due to a weaker core. Trust me, I would not let anyone's opinion of me and what I choose to eat influence my decisions. Completely my own desires here....not too mention my wife completely supports this as she thought I was simply too skinny.

I hope not. Good luck!
Just messing around. No, this really was purely about me wanting to get back where I was physically a few years ago. The lack of working out/stretching, etc has caused me lower back issues due to a weaker core. Trust me, I would not let anyone's opinion of me and what I choose to eat influence my decisions. Completely my own desires here....not too mention my wife completely supports this as she thought I was simply too skinny.

*checks facebook*

LOL - was waiting something like that. I have no shame...I would post it up myself but I will not be that guy. :D

couldn't find tofu energy bars eh?

couldn't find tofu energy bars eh?

Heck if I know, my wife does all the shopping.

I will admit though, she made something with Tofu the other day and I hated it. Not my thing at all.

LOL - was waiting something like that. I have no shame...I would post it up myself but I will not be that guy. :D

Lol. You know though dude, its motivating to see other people keep at the working out because then I keep it up. I like losing weight but I hate thegym at times. Especially when dudes who smell take the machine next to you for no reason.

I suggest you start with a piece of bacon to shock your system and start from there

Heck if I know, my wife does all the shopping.

I will admit though, she made something with Tofu the other day and I hated it. Not my thing at all.

Cookie going away from being a Vegan! Impressive. I would imagine it would be hard to pack on some muscle without protein found in meats (although) I am sure it doable.

Good luck Cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. You know though dude, its motivating to see other people keep at the working out because then I keep it up. I like losing weight but I hate thegym at times. Especially when dudes who smell take the machine next to you for no reason.

Ready for a true, but "fairy" story?

I guess it was the end of 2009 and was seeing Twilight with the wife. Saw that dude Jacob in a scene and kinda heard my wife do the "oh my, wow" thing and that prompted me to kick it into gear. Yep - seeing some ripped dude in a movie made me jealous and I had to do something.

By May, I will be back to where I was. No doubt!

I wish I could get to FB at work! I would get to see hot pictures of Cookie.

I suggest you start with a piece of bacon to shock your system and start from there

Wife said no pigs. Although I was a BIG fan of bacon.

Cookie going away from being a Vegan! Impressive. I would imagine it would be hard to pack on some muscle without protein found in meats (although) I am sure it doable.

Good luck Cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! The Muscle Milk protein powder gives me 33 grams per scoop but so does a single can of tuna. I think I consumed about 120 grams of protein yesterday. And having a little chicken and cheese last night was delicious!

my man card spontaneosly combusted upon reading that........

I suggest you get a High Life, grab some beef jerky, and put on Roadhouse ASAP

I guess it was the end of 2009 and was seeing Twilight with the wife. Saw that dude Jacob in a scene and kinda heard my wife do the "oh my, wow" thing and that prompted me to kick it into gear. Yep - seeing some ripped dude in a movie made me jealous and I had to do something.

I wish I could get to FB at work! I would get to see hot pictures of Cookie.

LMAO. Thanks, I think. (while thinking you a think mustached school teacher around a bunch of kids). ha

I can post it up, it is definitely not a bragging thing but a personal goal thing. I will never look like some body builder, but for being a smaller guy I was pleased that the hard work paid off.

lol. Nah man its all good. I just make fun of your twilight Jacob obsession in the MC Trash Talk thread :) I kid. I know what you mean dude. Women say it doesn't matter but they're (and I say this with all due respect) naturally inclined to lie about that sort of thing. Lol. I saw a picture of myself and thought, I got hungry. At that point it was on.

my man card spontaneosly combusted upon reading that........

I suggest you get a High Life, grab some beef jerky, and put on Roadhouse ASAP

Hey, go back to the yoga studio in your tighties!! Man cards? You wanna talk about man cards? LOL

yoga > seeing Twilight with wife lol

Hey, go back to the yoga studio in your tighties!! Man cards? You wanna talk about man cards? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back