The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the most recent attempt. What a sad individual.

I will only mention this once and then we will ask that it goes away.

How in the world, is consumer testing paying for positive reviews when the only action we request is to be honest? Instead, someone will blindly believe someone else that they know nothing about, never meet (at outings or anything else) and test only indoors? Consumer testing is a wonderful thing that because some people are not doing it, denounce it as bunk.

All THP will ever and have ever asked any single tester is TO BE HONEST!

When you offer testing from every company under the sun, large and small, advertiser or not, how in the world is bias involved? What it comes down to is some people not understanding, not wanting to understand, or jealous of what this wonderful community does and because of that, acts out about it. There is a way to try and discredit every single act of review, and frankly none of them are worth discussing. Truth is, every review is subjective, whether its pure numbers or discussing looks. Each one can be dissected and we were the type of people that did that, we would point fingers at others too. However we do our own thing here and have a great place because of it and the people here. I would not rather live my life in the negative and be so "anti-establishment" that I forget to stop and realize that people are doing good things when they help others and that is all we want to do here. Have people help people.

The slogan says it all. Dont just play golf....Live it! That is what we do, because that is what we believe in.

BOOM. That's right! That's what this community is all about.

Hell yeah!

How in the world, is consumer testing paying for positive reviews when the only action we request is to be honest? Instead, someone will blindly believe someone else that they know nothing about, never meet (at outings or anything else). Consumer testing is a wonderful thing that because some people are not doing it, denounce it as bunk.

When you offer testing from every company under the sun, large and small, advertiser or not, how in the world is bias involved? What it comes down to is some people not understanding, not wanting to understand, or jealous of what this wonderful community does and because of that, acts out about it. There is a way to try and discredit every single act of review, and frankly none of them are worth discussing. Truth is, every review is subjective, whether its pure numbers or discussing looks. Each one can be dissected and if we were the type of people that did that, we would point fingers at others too. However we do our own thing here and have a great place because of it and the people here. I would not rather live my life in the negative and be so "anti-establishment" that I forget to stop and realize that people are doing good things when they help others and that is all we want to do here. Have people help people.

The slogan says it all. Dont just play golf....Live it! That is what we do, because that is what we believe in.

How in the world, is consumer testing paying for positive reviews when the only action we request is to be honest? Instead, someone will blindly believe someone else that they know nothing about, never meet (at outings or anything else). Consumer testing is a wonderful thing that because some people are not doing it, denounce it as bunk.

When you offer testing from every company under the sun, large and small, advertiser or not, how in the world is bias involved? What it comes down to is some people not understanding, not wanting to understand, or jealous of what this wonderful community does and because of that, acts out about it. There is a way to try and discredit every single act of review, and frankly none of them are worth discussing. Truth is, every review is subjective, whether its pure numbers or discussing looks. Each one can be dissected and if we were the type of people that did that, we would point fingers at others too. However we do our own thing here and have a great place because of it and the people here. I would not rather live my life in the negative and be so "anti-establishment" that I forget to stop and realize that people are doing good things when they help others and that is all we want to do here. Have people help people.

Well said JB! You just keep doing what your doing and stay above all the negativity. We all appreciate everything THP does.

I missed the most recent attempt. What a sad individual.
Its not worth worrying about.

Great post JB! Still love reading THPs slogan every time I see it..."Live it!"

Is it common for a new member's first post to be in a testing sign up thread? I don't typically follow those threads as I don't sign up for testing, but the troll talk enticed me into the RBZ irons sign up, and I was surprised by the testing hopefuls who had just that one post.

Expecting to get chosen off your first post is little optimistic isn't it? Sheesh.

Kevin

Is it common for a new member's first post to be in a testing sign up thread? I don't typically follow those threads as I don't sign up for testing, but the troll talk enticed me into the RBZ irons sign up, and I was surprised by the testing hopefuls who had just that one post.

Expecting to get chosen off your first post is little optimistic isn't it? Sheesh.

Kevin
It happens, every time. And yes, very optimistic.

It happens, every time. And yes, very optimistic.

I wonder what percentage stick around after that first post? Hopefully, they at least look around a little bit.

Kevin

I wonder what percentage stick around after that first post? Hopefully, they at least look around a little bit.

Kevin

I stuck around. And unfortunately for you it doesn't look like you'll be getting rid of me either. :D

Kevin

Hell after seeing some of the huge post totals by a lot of the community on here - I feel my post in there is a little optimistic with my not even 400 posts. Haha!

Kevin
There's a bunch who make it their first post and never post again. It would be nice if they would introduce themsleves first, but it's how it goes sometimes.

We get a ton of new members that way and much of it is through social media. It's a good thing and remember most of those people don't realize all of the criteria. Some will disappear and others will stick around.

Hell after seeing some of the huge post totals by a lot of the community on here - I feel my post in there is a little optimistic with my not even 400 posts. Haha!

As long as you stick around, that's all that matters, and post count is thrown out the window. And we already know that you'll stick around.

Post doesn't necessarily dictate chosen testers. You can be new and still be active! Plenty of new testers chosen all the time!

As long as you stick around, that's all that matters, and post count is thrown out the window. And we already know that you'll stick around.

Appreciate the words nndosi. I will no doubt be around here for a long time. Love this community.

I stuck around. And unfortunately for you it doesn't look like you'll be getting rid of me either. :D

I bet I could I drive you off if you really irritated me. lol. Which reminds me, you were posting all day today. Don't you go to school?

Kevin

I bet I could I drive you off if you really irritated me. lol. Which reminds me, you were posting all day today. Don't you go to school?

Kevin

I have a few free blocks. My school schedule is different from others. Today I went class, 30 minutes off, class, 2 hrs off, then 2 classes. Classes are all 55 minutes. Tapatalk ftw.

If you are coming to the MC, send Golfer Gal a PM and let her know your coming down. We need volunteers! Plus it will be great to have some new faces in the mix.

If you are coming to the MC, send Golfer Gal a PM and let her know your coming down. We need volunteers! Plus it will be great to have some new faces in the mix.

Definitely. It will be closer to time until I'll know, but I'll shoot her a PM when I know something. I wouldn't have a problem volunteering or helping wherever I could.

Definitely. It will be closer to time until I'll know, but I'll shoot her a PM when I know something. I wouldn't have a problem volunteering or helping wherever I could.
Come volunteer! I know there are a handful of us that have sent GG a PM so far to do so.

I've been working on my camera holding and interviewing skills to get ready for July!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come volunteer! I know there are a handful of us that have sent GG a PM so far to do so.

I've been working on my camera holding and interviewing skills to get ready for July!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to drive a beer cart around, hahahah. Expecting a hot beer cart girl? Not so much!

Read in another thread that Cookie has decided to come back to the delicious carnivore side. Hats off to him for finally seeing the light.

He should eat a package of bacon tomorrow for breakfast just to see what he's been without for so long.

Read in another thread that Cookie has decided to come back to the delicious carnivore side. Hats off to him for finally seeing the light.

He should eat a package of bacon tomorrow for breakfast just to see what he's been without for so long.
He said he was going to tell us about it later, but I haven't seen anything about it.

He said he was going to tell us about it later, but I haven't seen anything about it.

I know, it was a JB level teaser. I thought for sure it'd be here or in the rant section. He's probably roaming around local farms and biting into random cattle as we speak.

Probably suffering from preemptive meat sweats.

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back