Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

Thanks for the info Jake. Coincidentally, I am pondering between this and the Fit.
I'll do my best to get you all the info you need before you can get a chance to hit them both and see for yourself. Don't get me wrong, adjustable drivers definitely have made a huge splash but I've always looked at the adjustable drivers in people's bag that are never adjusted after getting the initial setting they want. So in that case a lot of people could save a lot of money by going this route. I wish I had a Fit to compare side by side, once they hit stores I will try to though.

I'll do my best to get you all the info you need before you can get a chance to hit them both and see for yourself. Don't get me wrong, adjustable drivers definitely have made a huge splash but I've always looked at the adjustable drivers in people's bag that are never adjusted after getting the initial setting they want. So in that case a lot of people could save a lot of money by going this route. I wish I had a Fit to compare side by side, once they hit stores I will try to though.
Great info Jake, I've been excited for you to really get into hitting this beast. How did you find the red on the crown to look at?

Thanks, buddy. I know it's tempting to pick the high dollar stuff, but I want to pick what works for me best. That's what's important here.

I'm with you on this driver Jake. Its one of the best I've hit and possibly the best bargain out right now or coming out

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Thanks, buddy. I know it's tempting to pick the high dollar stuff, but I want to pick what works for me best. That's what's important here.
That's exactly right and sadly far too many people just grab the high dollar stuff or the stuff getting all the hype and could be completely missing out. Happens all the time. Damn sheep! No you. Them.

Thanks for that writeup Jake....lots of us around here pondering between the Fit and this one as you can imagine.

Golf magazine has this listed as max game-improvement driver..

Golf magazine has this listed as max game-improvement driver..

Well i was hitting it well so it must be. Not sure how a driver can be Max improvement though. I was able to work it when I wanted to. Its a really nice stick at a great pricepoint.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I forgot you had this Jake. Wtc took you so long?

Sent from my forged iPad

Jake has this driver? wtc how about some updates baldy

The crown looks a lot like the rage black I really like the Razr line

Just got back from an hour long indoor range session where I was able to utilize the Trackman launch monitor to get some good numbers with this driver. While testing this I was also afforded the opportunity to test it side by side with my Razr Hawk and a new Nike VRs. Again like before I find the look of this driver to be very cool, the crown and those graphics are just neat to look at and do not distract in the least. The driver sets up nice behind the ball, maybe it feels slightly closed to be but that's not necessarily bad at all. The sound is just like the other forged composite drivers Callaway has put out before it, a nice dull sounding thwack is a good way to describe it. Indoors it can get louder but nothing even close to loud like other drivers on the market. I like the sound a lot.

I hit countless balls today and this time not a single one of them went right, most of the balls I hit had a nice 10 yard draw with a couple getting up there closer to that of a hook but all the balls I hit were easily playable. It was actually a very welcome site as I've been fighting a push fade most of last season. A few of the balls I hit went absolutely dead straight, the display on the launch monitor has a line down the middle of the range and I had balls that literally did not veer off that line at all.

OK how about some numbers? I had a 10 shot average compiled to get the following numbers. I'm thrilled with the launch angle, I was expecting to hit this driver higher than this but it's just about perfect for where I like to see it.

Ball Speed: 151.6
Vert Launch: 12.1 deg
Launch Spin: 3013
Smash factor: 1.44 (not even sure what that means exactly)
Carry: 246.3 yds
Total: 269.4 yds
Land angle: 37.4

I didn't get any 10 shot averages with the drivers I was comparing this to but I saw some very comparable numbers with this next to both. I would say the Nike VRS had a slightly higher ball speed and overall distance was a couple yards further but nothing big. The thing that surprised me is that even my Razr Hawk, a driver that I've loved since I got it did not have dramatic differences in distances.

The Motore shaft works well, I didn't have any problems with not being able to go after balls at all. While there today there were a couple guys whom I know from various golf tournaments and leagues who are both very good players and I had them hit this driver. Both came away pretty impressed. I wouldn't call this driver a bomber, but a solid stick that seems easy to hit and easy to hit straight.

Those are pretty good numbers, Jake. Smash factor is basically the ratio of club speed to ball speed I think.

Thanks Hawk, I loved the numbers and with the direction the ball was going I'd take it all day long for sure.

Great update Jake!

Do you recall how your spin numbers looked between the Black and RAZR Hawk?

great info Jake....nothing wrong with a solid performer that may not blow you away

I want this club so BADLY! Saving me pennies now. I can't believe it doesn't cost more. Seems like it should. But no complaints here.

nice Jake! I think this club will surprise some people. It shouldn't be overlooked

Do you recall how your spin numbers looked between the Black and RAZR Hawk?
I don't sorry dude. I was more focused on paying attention to the difference in ball speed and distance between the two. I'll be going back and doing this again so I'll be sure to write those number differences down as well. I'm guessing they had to be pretty similar but I'll get the for sure numbers.

nice Jake! I think this club will surprise some people. It shouldn't be overlooked
I couldn't agree more. I'd like to compare it side by side with a Razr Fit before I'm done with it as well, they have them in the store here so I should be able to get that info next time as well.

I don't sorry dude. I was more focused on paying attention to the difference in ball speed and distance between the two. I'll be going back and doing this again so I'll be sure to write those number differences down as well. I'm guessing they had to be pretty similar but I'll get the for sure numbers.

No worries at all. Just curiosity more than anything. That was a very nice update buddy.

Smash factor: 1.44 (not even sure what that means exactly)

Those are pretty good numbers, Jake. Smash factor is basically the ratio of club speed to ball speed I think.

Swing Speed x Smash Factor = Ball Speed.

Smash factor is how much energy is transfered from the swing speed into the realized ball speed. The closer to 1.50 you are, the more efficient energey transfer, the more distance you get.

Swing Speed x Smash Factor = Ball Speed.

Smash factor is how much energy is transfered from the swing speed into the realized ball speed. The closer to 1.50 you are, the more efficient energey transfer, the more distance you get.

Thanks. I just did some algebra!

Back