Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin is looking like a real diamond in the rough. Nice ball player. Makes a jumper over Gasol as I was about to send this. BEAST!!!

Then a 3. But for those watching this game, I think they'd agree that Kobe is playing way better than Lin. The rest of the Lakers are inept. Lin's getting set up for success.

And now a few observations: Shumpert is the real deal. Great young PG. he should stay with the Knicks for a while. And Bynum has rocks in his head. The guy's an idiot. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen.

Gosh I hope Lin is the real deal. Playing solid 4 games in a row now.

I wonder if the Lin-sanity people watched the game tonight. If they did they should be talking about Kobe-sanity. Geez.

No argument that Kobe is a better player, but who could have ever seen or predicted this kid to do this well?

No argument that Kobe is a better player, but who could have ever seen or predicted this kid to do this well?

Nobody dude. Lin played great tonight. And he has for 4 straight nights. He's looking awesome. But I would say that Kobe played better tonight after watching the whole thing.

Wow! I think I might be a Jeremy Lin fan. What a great story. For those who don't want to google...

He's an American of Chinese or Taiwanese decent. The kid was not offered by hi in-state colleges (UCLA, CAL, Stanford). Went to Harvard who doesn't even offer basketball scholarships. Had a nice Ivy League college career but then went undrafted. Has had a decent following it seems. He was signed by Golden State but waived after the lockout. He was then picked up by Houston and waived again. He was then picked up by the Knicks. Play sparingly this year but his last four game he has scored 23 or more and... he just dropped 38 on the Lakers.

Count me in!

Lin was even in the D-League for a lot of this year. Now he's going HAM.

Lin was even in the D-League for a lot of this year. Now he's going HAM.

Absolute HAM!

Love that he wasn't some highly touted guy. Not out of high school or college. Blessings and perseverance!

Absolute HAM!

Love that he wasn't some highly touted guy. Not out of high school or college. Blessings and perseverance!

I know, such an awesome story. I just hope he doesn't go away when Melo comes back.

Speaking of Melo, do you guys think he'll win an Emmy for the epic acting job he did tonight when he was pretending to be happy for Lin? Lol.

I know, such an awesome story. I just hope he doesn't go away when Melo comes back.

Speaking of Melo, do you guys think he'll win an Emmy for the epic acting job he did tonight when he was pretending to be happy for Lin? Lol.

You don't think they can play together? I understand Melo is going to have to adjust to Lin having a huge following and spotlight now, but Baron Davis, Mike Bibby, Tony Douglas... those PGs are the one's who might get limited PT now.

You don't think they can play together? I understand Melo is going to have to adjust to Lin having a huge following and spotlight now, but Baron Davis, Mike Bibby, Tony Douglas... those PGs are the one's who might get limited PT now.

No chance they play well together IMO. Melo plays well only when he shoots. Lin is at his best as a scorer. Melo is incredibly selfish. He will suck all effectiveness out of Lin I think. He pretty much does for everyone else he plays with. Melo would be at his best with a bunch of role players around him. Example, the Nuggets. I doubt very much that they're good together. But hey, I've been wrong before.

No chance they play well together IMO. Melo plays well only when he shoots. Lin is at his best as a scorer. Melo is incredibly selfish. He will suck all effectiveness out of Lin I think. He pretty much does for everyone else he plays with. Melo would be at his best with a bunch of role players around him. Example, the Nuggets. I doubt very much that they're good together. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I could see that. But won't count them out as a combo yet. We'll have to wait and see.

I could see that. But won't count them out as a combo yet. We'll have to wait and see.

I think the Knicks should ride this wave and trade Melo. Lol.

I would trade Melo as well, most likely for some defense. They have a lot of potential and an upgrade in D would be such a good asset to the squad. I'd probably send Bibby out with him..

I dont really follow the NBA but in a casual manner which means I see it on Sportscenter when I watch it. Wtc is Lin? I kept seeing Lin-sanity and then finally see the highlights from last night. What cool story. The dude is cut by Golden State, cut by Houston and almost cut by the Knicks before going HAM the last couple games. And now he's the talk of the town. What I like the most is he is the anti-Lebron, Kobe and every other look at me player in the NBA. LOL @ Kobe saying he didnt know who Lin was and then Lin drops 38 on Kobe and the Lakers in the Knicks win.

I dont really follow the NBA but in a casual manner which means I see it on Sportscenter when I watch it. Wtc is Lin? I kept seeing Lin-sanity and then finally see the highlights from last night. What cool story. The dude is cut by Golden State, cut by Houston and almost cut by the Knicks before going HAM the last couple games. And now he's the talk of the town. What I like the most is he is the anti-Lebron, Kobe and every other look at me player in the NBA. LOL @ Kobe saying he didnt know who Lin was and then Lin drops 38 on Kobe and the Lakers in the Knicks win.

Just came in to say the same thing, KMAC. I really never follow the NBA until the playoffs but kept hearing this guy's name. Pretty cool story seeing a guy that went undrafted playing games like guys that signed max $$ contracts. Saw the interviews with him last night and the kid seems really intelligent and well spoken, not surprising being a Harvard grad. Interesting to see how this plays out.
Anyone know off the top of their head what type of deal he has as of now? I am assuming the min. $ for 1 year?

Just came in to say the same thing, KMAC. I really never follow the NBA until the playoffs but kept hearing this guy's name. Pretty cool story seeing a guy that went undrafted playing games like guys that signed max $$ contracts. Saw the interviews with him last night and the kid seems really intelligent and well spoken, not surprising being a Harvard grad. Interesting to see how this plays out.
Anyone know off the top of their head what type of deal he has as of now? I am assuming the min. $ for 1 year?

$762,195
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/ny/new-york-knicks

You dont see too many "feel good" type of stories from the NBA and its self absorbed prima donnas but this is a cool story. Im interested to see how it plays out too and I for one hope he continues to school players like Kobe for the rest of the year. His interview was actually intelligent and made sense. Talked team and how lucky he was. Imagine that.

You dont see too many "feel good" type of stories from the NBA and its self absorbed prima donnas but this is a cool story. Im interested to see how it plays out too and I for one hope he continues to school players like Kobe for the rest of the year. His interview was actually intelligent and made sense. Talked team and how lucky he was. Imagine that.

exactly.

Thanks, MSB. Will be interesting to see how he continues to perform at a high level and how that number changes after this season....
Not just after this season. How about when Carmelo and Amare come back. Carmelo is a notoriously selfish player. Shoot first, pass second.

Amare doesn't create his own shots often. He's at his best when he receives the ball in stride going to the hoop - a la the good old PHX days.

"We think he needs a better haircut," World Peace said. "I don't like that style. You're in New York, fashion's capital. Change your haircut. You're a star now. Wear some shades. Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses, put on some black shades with some leather pants. Change your style. ... He should wear leather pants. He's the type of guy that should wear leather pants and some nice shoes and change his fashion. You're Jeremy Lin, for God's sake."

- Metta World Peace

Hahaha. He's a nut.

Steel Tappin'

"We think he needs a better haircut," World Peace said. "I don't like that style. You're in New York, fashion's capital. Change your haircut. You're a star now. Wear some shades. Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses, put on some black shades with some leather pants. Change your style. ... He should wear leather pants. He's the type of guy that should wear leather pants and some nice shoes and change his fashion. You're Jeremy Lin, for God's sake."

- Metta World Peace

Hahaha. He's a nut.

Steel Tappin'

That's pretty funny but the fact that Lin is not all those things or doesnt do that is what makes him so awesome. Just Lin baby!

This story shows just how selfish some players truly are.

Sent from my forged iPad

- Metta World Peace

Hahaha. He's a nut.

Steel Tappin'

Hahahahaha Metta World Peace trolling Jeremy Lin. That's funny, and I'm guessing no harm intended, just comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back