Live Club Testing Today

The VR_S driver I knew would be good, but until you get it out on the course, its hard to say. It delivered way more than expected and was definitely an eye opener for me. I think poor little cookie saw a guy shoot +1 in 7 holes with clubs he had never used without making a single putt. I am concerned he soiled himself though.

hahaha, hitting the VR S driver today I was quite impressed too. Good stuff! Hopefully Cookie will be ok lol

Just caught up with the entire thread. I didn't know if anything would take JB's Classic/Kusala combo out of his bag, and now it looks like the VR_S just might be in a dogfight with it. JB - can you expound on the difference (to your game) in the performance between the Classic and the VR_S?

hahaha, hitting the VR S driver today I was quite impressed too. Good stuff! Hopefully Cookie will be ok lol

What do you think of the stock shaft?

Tappin' for world peace!

What do you think of the stock shaft?

Tappin' for world peace!

I thought it was very good. Ive always been a fan of the Fubuki shafts

JB, what shaft flex did you have in the VR S and the J40 4w? Thanks

The VR_S driver I knew would be good, but until you get it out on the course, its hard to say. It delivered way more than expected and was definitely an eye opener for me. I think poor little cookie saw a guy shoot +1 in 7 holes with clubs he had never used without making a single putt. I am concerned he soiled himself though.

Just started this post. JB, I am curious to know what your driver swingspeed is?

JB, I can't help but notice how effective you are with the 588's but you did comment on coming up short a time or two. Are you going to strengthen the lofts? Do you feel more accurate with them?

JB, I can't help but notice how effective you are with the 588's but you did comment on coming up short a time or two. Are you going to strengthen the lofts? Do you feel more accurate with them?

I was coming up short. Part of that was just not knowing the distances yet and part of that was the wind killing me. Not sure on lofts yet or if I am playing them yet, but I do really like them so far.

I was coming up short. Part of that was just not knowing the distances yet and part of that was the wind killing me. Not sure on lofts yet or if I am playing them yet, but I do really like them so far.

What would be in the running if you don't go CB's? I would think those would be the perfect iron for you.

What would be in the running if you don't go CB's? I would think those would be the perfect iron for you.

Mashie irons and Black irons.
But honestly, I have no idea what we will be choosing from. Maybe I can keep my irons. I like those. Although I doubt it.

Hey JB do you find the VR_s to setup very closed to your eye in the neutral setting? I hit this tonight and I felt it did.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Mashie irons and Black irons.
But honestly, I have no idea what we will be choosing from. Maybe I can keep my irons. I like those. Although I doubt it.

Oh I didn't even think about the Srixons. How crazy would that be

JB and GG good stuff. Great idea for a quick and informative review of alot of different clubs. Were you playing the 9.5* or the 10.5* VR_S Driver?

JB and GG good stuff. Great idea for a quick and informative review of alot of different clubs. Were you playing the 9.5* or the 10.5* VR_S Driver?

10.5 degree

After hitting the cobra stuff today, guess I'm gonna go hit the Nike tomorrow lol

Just read through this entire thread. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The VRS driver sounds like a beast. Definitely on my must hit list, actually everything you played today is on my must hit list. Thanks for all the updates.

Awesome stuff JB and GG, thoroughly enjoyed reading through this one. Great way to review a bunch of different stuff at the same time. Filling those bags probably felt like Christmas on crack!

I just got caught up from yesterday...i am very impressed by the nike line. They have been top on my radar for equipment to try this year.

When you hit the j40 fwy and gg said it went way right. Can you comment on that? User error? Also...have you spent much time with the 40 hybrid?

I really appreciate the two of you doing that. I think its a great idea...and it makes the forum lively.

Gg. I am pretty impressed with how your golf game is sounding. Keep it up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just got caught up from yesterday...i am very impressed by the nike line. They have been top on my radar for equipment to try this year.

When you hit the j40 fwy and gg said it went way right. Can you comment on that? User error? Also...have you spent much time with the 40 hybrid?

I really appreciate the two of you doing that. I think its a great idea...and it makes the forum lively.

Gg. I am pretty impressed with how your golf game is sounding. Keep it up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The first J40 I hit well on the 1st hole and it went dead straight. The 2nd one was a block right and it was on me, not the club. Th 4 wood is a bomber for sure, however I did not get to hit it off the turf yesterday.

I have only hit the hybrid a few times.

The first J40 I hit well on the 1st hole and it went dead straight. The 2nd one was a block right and it was on me, not the club. Th 4 wood is a bomber for sure, however I did not get to hit it off the turf yesterday.

I have only hit the hybrid a few times.

ok...thanks, I am just considering maybe dropping a hybrid and getting a 5wood.

ok...thanks, I am just considering maybe dropping a hybrid and getting a 5wood.

You hit woods better than hybos? Is the use mainly off the tee or all around?

I might have missed your answer, but could you expound on the differences that you see between the Cleveland Classic and the VR_S for your game, JB?

Thanks for doing the live testing !
I just read the full thread. That VR driver sounds like quite a club for you JB.
Mrs Drumdog is going to be wanting one of those Amp drivers now, thanks to GG. :smile-big:

Back