Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great picture. Really hilarious.

Not happening with D. Rose and the Bulls in the same Conference.

Hopefully Rose/Deng/Hamilton are healthy for the playoffs.

Hey now we're talking!

But bulls bias aside, i can definitely see this heat team winning a championship but more than one im not so sure about. Its going to be a tough path to the finals for atleast the next few years, and then there is the whole matter of beating whichever tough team comes out of the west.

Hey now we're talking!

But bulls bias aside, i can definitely see this heat team winning a championship but more than one im not so sure about. Its going to be a tough path to the finals for atleast the next few years, and then there is the whole matter of beating whichever tough team comes out of the west.

That's true, but IMO, the Heat are easily the best team in the league. If they can play well in the playoffs, I don't think anyone can beat them in a 7 game series. Who knows though. I hope they do at least. LeBron deserves some championships. And that team still has 6 years left together I think.

How does one earn the aspect of "deserving championships"?

How does one earn the aspect of "deserving championships"?

The sacrifices JB! Having to move his family from beautiful cleveland to the god awful beaches of miami, taking a pay cut to 15mil a year, fighting to get by because he had to follow his heart. If not a championship he atleast deserves a nobel peace prize.

By getting to the finals and coming up short multiple times

Well twice...
But you think not getting it done in the finals means someone deserves "some championships"? Honest question. Would you say Iverson deserves "some championships"?

Well twice...
But you think not getting it done in the finals means someone deserves "some championships"? Honest question. Would you say Iverson deserves "some championships"?
hell yes!

It's a personal thing I suppose. I think LeBron is good enough to deserve at least one championship. Because this is a team sport, and it isn't often single players can win championships. LeBron got no help in Cleveland. I don't think it's a big deal though because I'm sure he'll win one or more in Miami.

Lebron with a crazy dunk to end the 3rd! 31pts so far.

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Well twice...

Well, imo the only people who deserve championships are the people that go out and win them.

That's true, but IMO, the Heat are easily the best team in the league. If they can play well in the playoffs, I don't think anyone can beat them in a 7 game series. Who knows though. I hope they do at least. LeBron deserves some championships. And that team still has 6 years left together I think.

It's a personal thing I suppose. I think LeBron is good enough to deserve at least one championship. Because this is a team sport, and it isn't often single players can win championships. LeBron got no help in Cleveland. I don't think it's a big deal though because I'm sure he'll win one or more in Miami.

Unfortunately with this sport, the players think they "deserve" things too. Tell that to guys like Ewing and Barkley during a time when the competition was stiffer (IMO) and the rules were stiffer. In my opinion, nobody "deserves" a title. They have to earn one and in time (maybe this year), James could win one or some. But there are talented guys all over that never get that title.

Unfortunately with this sport, the players think they "deserve" things too. Tell that to guys like Ewing and Barkley during a time when the competition was stiffer (IMO) and the rules were stiffer. In my opinion, nobody "deserves" a title. They have to earn one and in time (maybe this year), James could win one or some. But there are talented guys all over that never get that title.

It's true. And I think it sort of sucks that success is often based on championships in a team sport, though I certainly understand it. I can't think of too many examples off the top of my head when a great player won a championship without another good player or players around him. I'm sure there are some, but not all that many I don't think. But again, I think LeBron wins one or more so it won't matter that much.

TBH if OKC can keep the core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden I think they'll win more Championship than James and company.

TBH if OKC can keep the core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden I think they'll win more Championship than James and company.

If Westbrooks learns to play with Durant. Then yes, I would agree with that.

I think Lebrons problem is that he thinks he "deserves" a championship too.

They'll have more chances since the average age is 23 vs 28 for Lebron, Wade & Bosh. It's title or bust for the Heat this year as age will catch up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back