When I got fitted for my 910, the Project X and the Diamana'Ahina were neck and neck for me. (Not exact numbers, mind you, but pretty close.) My only concern would be how spinny the head is. Trying to find that out before I pull the trigger. Do you use a Project X? How do you like it?

This is good news! Did they say when they'd be out with the other shaft offerings?

I wonder about the head too. The stock shaft I was getting 3000rpm which normally I would take but after seeing how a little bit lower spin helps me, I would want to try another shaft.

I don't use PX unfortunately. For whatever reason, they spin high for me and launch high. I know its just my swing and how the shaft reacts to it because its not normal haha. At one time on the old VR tour (with stock PX) it worked really well. Seeing how high your numbers were before, I think the PX could be the answer for you.

I wonder about the head too. The stock shaft I was getting 3000rpm which normally I would take but after seeing how a little bit lower spin helps me, I would want to try another shaft.

I don't use PX unfortunately. For whatever reason, they spin high for me and launch high. I know its just my swing and how the shaft reacts to it because its not normal haha. At one time on the old VR tour (with stock PX) it worked really well. Seeing how high your numbers were before, I think the PX could be the answer for you.

Well, I can relate! Whatever ways I can mask my swing faults...lol I hope the shaft does work well, because I really like the stick overall.

I've been searching the web and can't seem to find if it's a low/high spin head. I may give them a call to see what they have to say. (FYI - Nike Golf's number is 888-799-6453)

Well, I can relate! Whatever ways I can mask my swing faults...lol I hope the shaft does work well, because I really like the stick overall.

I've been searching the web and can't seem to find if it's a low/high spin head. I may give them a call to see what they have to say. (FYI - Nike Golf's number is 888-799-6453)

Haha I know what you mean! That'd be great if they have that info. Seems like the trend nowadays is definitely lower spin. Wonder if that holds true here too?

The VR-S driver was designed to lower spin rates from the MachSpeed line that was previously introduced. I would not call it low spinning, but I would not call it high spinning either. My driver spin was at 3000 on the nose with it.

Once upon a time, either Golf Digest or Golf Magazine had a chart in their Club Test issue that compared the spin rates on all the drivers they tested. I haven't seen one of those for a couple years now, but I really wish I could see something like that.

The VR-S driver was designed to lower spin rates from the MachSpeed line that was previously introduced. I would not call it low spinning, but I would not call it high spinning either. My driver spin was at 3000 on the nose with it.

Thanks JB! It seems like for a lot of people that 3k is pretty optimal?

Ummmmm yeah, it's a bomber for me. Just left range, full update shortly. I think I just met my new love on Valentines day. :)

Tappin' from the iPhone!

It is a hot club also they're going to have 3 more shafts coming out other than fubuki shaft soon. Should also have a tour head by year end. Oban is one of them which could be a good fit for you. the nike rep was showing me some of the shafts but wasn't sure exactly what would be out.

That I had not heard. I'm going to have to go bug every Nike rep I know now.

Nice to see that Oban is starting to pick up some recognition.

This driver almost made the cut. It is pretty sweet. Sounds better than previous models such as VR PRO. Interested in seeing some other shaft options

I just got back from GS where I bought the driver and had them put in a PX 6.0. Since the Str8-Fit piece is metal this year, (Good engineering on Nike’s part, because last years was plastic.) they were able to swap out shafts for me. And at no additional charge!! (Thanks Golf Smith.)

I’ll post pics tonight when I get home. I had to get back to the office, so didn’t have time.

Stinks that I have to wait 24 hours before I can hit it. :bananadance:

They have a list of shafts available? Or was your situation one of a kind?

I hit this driver today. It was equiped with the stock shaft in stiff flex. Spin machine for me. It would have to have a much lower spin profile shaft for me. I didn't get the tinny, loud, obnoxious sound though.

Ummmmm yeah, it's a bomber for me. Just left range, full update shortly. I think I just met my new love on Valentines day. :)

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Apparently the VR_S is a Vegan as well, you will be a good match...minus the massive spin

I hit this driver today. It was equiped with the stock shaft in stiff flex. Spin machine for me. It would have to have a much lower spin profile shaft for me. I didn't get the tinny, loud, obnoxious sound though.

sound is definitely better. VRS with Kusala Black no we're talking haha

Were you able to put it up on the monitor? I did not get that huge spin out of it and we are typically pretty similar. It was not a spin killer by any means of course, but it was not out of this world high either.

sound is definitely better. VRS with Kusala Black no we're talking haha

I'd have to have something different dude. It's super easy to align though. I like the stuff on the sweet spot, you can kind of see it at address. I also felt like I could hammer the ball but I'm talking almost 5k rpm's. That's absurd.

I like this driver, but I'm naturally high spin player and can't find the shaft options

Were you able to put it up on the monitor? I did not get that huge spin out of it and we are typically pretty similar. It was not a spin killer by any means of course, but it was not out of this world high either.

All confirmed on the Vector. It wasn't the first driver I hit either. They only had a 10.5* head. Maybe that has something to do with it?

All confirmed on the Vector. It wasn't the first driver I hit either. They only had a 10.5* head. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe, I was hovering at 3000 give or take 100. I hit the 9.5 (or 9).

I like this driver, but I'm naturally high spin player and can't find the shaft options

I believe the shaft options are coming at a later date. I called Nike and spoke to them about it and they are going to offer the PX and Matrix HD6 as options with no upcharge. However, the date is TBD.

I'm fine with the spin on 3 wood and hybrids. But driver I need a 9-9.5 head with low spin shaft. The amp I was hitting I was at 5600 rpms

Maybe, I was hovering at 3000 give or take 100. I hit the 9.5 (or 9).

hmm, that could have something to do with it I suppose. I was also using ProV1's (bleh!)

If you were hitting the stiff, it comes in at a 7.1 torque w/ a soft tip. It was a bad recipe for me too and I was in the 9.5.

Back