I have hit the Covert but didnt spend much time since I was getting kicked off the simulator. Based on my initial impression, I didn't like it, but that could have been the configuration that it was set on. I did noticed it was set to draw and some crazy loft.

Hopefully on my next visit, the sales guy will be more helpful in configurating it for me. He wasn't a fan of the Covert which is probably why he didn't want to set it up. He seemed to be a Callaway fanboy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

alas, I have finally found this thread. just wanted to say that I've had some trouble getting good distance & straightness with my TaylorMade R11 & it came to a head Saturday. I just got home from Golf Galaxy about an hour ago. I spent a good 45 minutes hitting different drivers to find out which one suited me the best. I have to admit that I was skeptical about swinging the VR_S because I've heard the stock shaft is too light and flimsy but oh my goodness.. I couldn't have been more wrong. my numbers were the best all around with this driver, even with the stock Fubuki shaft. I'm going to trade in my R11 first thing tomorrow. I really really wanted to wait to hit the Covert but for the price & results I just couldn't pass this up. I will be hitting the 3 wood tomorrow if I have time & might quite possibly exchange my R11 for it as well.

How are you getting on with your new VR_S Driver? Seriously tempted myself as there are some great deals available here in the UK at present. Quick question - can the lie be adjusted to be more upright? I have previously owned two Str8 drivers which I used to great effect over a three year period. I had the shaft set to 'neutral:1° upright' which made a significant difference and helped me hit good straight drives. I want to be able to similarly adjust to a more upright lie. Would be pleased to hear from you or anyone else who might have the answer. Regards to all.

Yes, you can do the same adjustment. Freddie posted an image of the settings in a previous post. I will dig up for you.

How are you getting on with your new VR_S Driver? Seriously tempted myself as there are some great deals available here in the UK at present. Quick question - can the lie be adjusted to be more upright? I have previously owned two Str8 drivers which I used to great effect over a three year period. I had the shaft set to 'neutral:1° upright' which made a significant difference and helped me hit good straight drives. I want to be able to similarly adjust to a more upright lie. Would be pleased to hear from you or anyone else who might have the answer. Regards to all.

anyone know of a good place to source replacement shafts for the VRS? I am looking for a premium/upgraded shaft to go in my VRS (the Diamana is a made for Nike shaft) - the Diamana is a great shaft for roll out, but i'm looking for a slightly lower launch in the neutral setting

anyone know of a good place to source replacement shafts for the VRS? I am looking for a premium/upgraded shaft to go in my VRS (the Diamana is a made for Nike shaft) - the Diamana is a great shaft for roll out, but i'm looking for a slightly lower launch in the neutral setting

I bought the adapter off the bay. Kind of pricey, $55, but what are you going to do. I haven't seen any other place that sells it. Ive asked 2 well regarded builders and they said they dont carry them and to check the bay also.

I contacted Nike about sending my own to them to install the adapter. They said it was 3wk turn around. They rrecommended I order a custom shaft to get a faster turn around. They really dont like doing installs.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Since I've been yearning for the Covert when it first appeared in the shops, I only go and start hitting the VR_S beautifully. Un-frikin-believable!!
Never hit so many fairways in the past few games I've played.

I went back and forth between a VRS and my 910 last year a lot. The VRs is an excellent driver and for the money you can get them for now they're a steal!

I have really enjoyed my time with the VRS, it really is a so,I'd offering.

Triple bogey, the vrs is very underrated. I was curious of the Covert also but I like the feel of the vrs a little more. The Covert is longer but the vrs felt better to me.

***aka AtChad***

^^ I agree, very very underrated. TBH, I only knew of the VR_S because of a speed trial they held at St Annes Old Links during The Open at Royal Lytham.

I will soldier on with the VR_S though, as I truly am hitting this club very well. And this is with the love/hate standard stiff shaft. I use to play the course like TW/Mickelson (all over the place), now I'm like Donald (boring fairway golf) :clap:

It was long but it went straight right for you most of the time, remember number 6 at springfield golf :p

Played with at VR_S with a Project X shaft most of last year. Man was it long but I was more accurate with a Cleveland Classic 290 with a 72g shaft in it. Both are great clubs.

last few months i've had a BiMatrix shaft in this bad boy and have been hitting some high bombs, but i'm tired of swinging a tree trunk and i'm seeing it balloon a lot more lately - getting a Diamana S+ Blue 62 from a friend, going to put on a VRS tip and see how this combo works out.

after a season and a half, this driver is still the straightest driver I have ever gamed

anyone out there try or have experimented with a similar combo?

Back