Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Tim - it's your destiny my friend.

I went to Edwin Watts to try this driver out this morning and for a free fitting. I really think this is a great driver. I have the Razr Hawk now and thought the Fit sounded and felt similar. When we did the fitting we went with the 10.5* head and left it 1* open. We also set the weight to a toe setting. This helped me out a ton with it. I was getting some good numbers with it. I had about a 11-15* launch angle and was getting about 265 average out of it. That is about what I have been getting out of my Razr Hawk. The Callaway rep said that the Fit was made out of the same materials as the Razr Hawk, but just added the adjustability feature to it. He also said a Tour version would be coming out soon. Not really sure about when, but he said it was coming out.

I don't know if I am going to be switching over to the Fit. When we finished setting it up, it was just like my Razr Hawk. 10.5* loft and 1* open. I am not sure about the weight settings. I imagine they can't be that different. I might get one of these down the road to replace my Hawk, since the plastic part on the bottom fell off. It looks really crappy now. I think I would just like to have the new look in the bag too.

I definitely am curious about the Tour version. I'm thinking smaller head, less spin?

Good stuff DMB. I'm finding it hard to have a club replace the hawk in my bag. But like you I like to have a new look in the bag every now and then.

Did you approve the numbers above Dean? They came from a simulator so I just wanted to make sure to bring it to your attention for your approval.

I was going to go hit this today, but judging by how TBT is talking about it maybe I better not.

I definitely am curious about the Tour version. I'm thinking smaller head, less spin?

I'm thinking FT Tourish with a slightly open face

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Did you approve the numbers above Dean? They came from a simulator so I just wanted to make sure to bring it to your attention for your approval.

I am not really sure about the size and spin of the tour version. I hope it is the same size,but with less spin. I expect it to have a stouter shaft. I am really wanting to put the Matrix 6M3 in it. TC spoke so highly of it in his review and it would look sick!

Picked up the Razr FIT on Saturday. Purchased the 9.5 with the stiff RIP'D shaft.

Swing speed ranged from 105-110 with ball speed between 145-155.
Spin and launch (12-13 / high 2000's) were right inline and lower than with my current (FT9) (13-14 / low 3000's). While I take distances on a launch monitor with a grain of salt, having a comparison to my driver and hitting it with my ball, I was carrying it 15 yds longer on average. Carry with my FT9 was consistently in the 240-245 range while the RF was 255-265

Also compaired the new Black Hex to my current ball PRoV1. Very nice ball and having played the <i>s before, I make try this ball out. It was certainly performing a little better with the driver and if the short irons are just as good, paying less for a ball is always n

Why an open faced tour version of an already smaller head? Plus its adjustable so no need for an open face and open face no bueno for the slice.

Why an open faced tour version of an already smaller head? Plus its adjustable so no need for an open face and open face no bueno for the slice.

???? I am confused of what you are asking?

I think he's confused about Callaway making their Razr Fit Tour open faced and with a smaller head....I've never heard this, though.

I think he's confused about Callaway making their Razr Fit Tour open faced and with a smaller head....I've never heard this, though.

Me neither. The rep that I spoke with just said a tour version was coming. I just expect it to be like the R11 tour version. Different shaft options.

Haha I'm still confused. I would think it would be like the RHT and RH driver, minus the open face on the tour since it would be adjustable. The smaller head and where the weight is could be the difference with the tour model (as was last year along with the 1* open). I don't know though, I'm curious about it.

I dont get why someone would want a tour version of this driver. Unless its a real deal shaft. I guess I dont get the "tour" version fascination at all, I'll take more forgiveness all day long. But thats just me. But if it gives you better numbers then that makes sense. Numbers dont usually lie unless your TMex haha

I dont get why someone would want a tour version of this driver. Unless its a real deal shaft. I guess I dont get the "tour" version fascination at all, I'll take more forgiveness all day long. But thats just me. But if it gives you better numbers then that makes sense. Numbers dont usually lie unless your TMex haha

Oh I'm with ya, Kmac. I need that extra forgiveness for sure!

Edit: According to my sources, Callaway may be building my Razr Fit this week and sending it out. Hope that's the case!

Lol. Well dude last year the Tour Version wasn't just open faced. The head was smaller but the design and placement of the weight helped players like me (who generate more spin, regardless of why we generate more spin) create less backspin. It also helped my launch angle a lot compared to the stock RH.

I don't honestly get the fear of an open faced driver though. Sure it's going ot be fade biased but a couple things, nuetral models dont not eliminate a slice nor would they really help that much if you're on a tight course anyway. A slice will still murder you the same.

Some people play tour models because they want the tour on their club. I wouldn't if I didnt have too with certain drivers. I would take the extra forgiveness but I'm not willing to lose 20 yards at times.

Oh I'm with ya, Kmac. I need that extra forgiveness for sure!

Edit: According to my sources, Callaway may be building my Razr Fit this week and sending it out. Hope that's the case!

Now that you won the Razr Fit, you can send the Cleveland Classic up the parkway :)

Lol. Well dude last year the Tour Version wasn't just open faced. The head was smaller but the design and placement of the weight helped players like me (who generate more spin, regardless of why we generate more spin) create less backspin. It also helped my launch angle a lot compared to the stock RH.

I don't honestly get the fear of an open faced driver though. Sure it's going ot be fade biased but a couple things, nuetral models dont not eliminate a slice nor would they really help that much if you're on a tight course anyway. A slice will still murder you the same.

Some people play tour models because they want the tour on their club. I wouldn't if I didnt have too with certain drivers. I would take the extra forgiveness but I'm not willing to lose 20 yards at times.

Hmm. Well, Im going to wait for dean to validate this post. Then I shall respond. I bet you play all new gear and rock a staff bag too. Mmhmm

I went with the tour on the Hawk for the open face and upgraded shaft. I fight a draw and the open face helps with that. On the Fit, I am just interested in the shaft.

Hmm. Well, Im going to wait for dean to validate this post. Then I shall respond. I bet you play all new gear and rock a staff bag too. Mmhmm

I only rock staff bags with my name on it! Lol.

I really couldve used this driver this past weekend :(

I went with the tour on the Hawk for the open face and upgraded shaft. I fight a draw and the open face helps with that. On the Fit, I am just interested in the shaft.

got it. But for some people "fighting a draw" doesnt make sense lol, I'll assume you mean a nasty hook. Hooking never pays bro

Now that you won the Razr Fit, you can send the Cleveland Classic up the parkway :)

You a lefty? Hehe. I'm looking forward to the battle between the two to see which one comes out on top.

got it. But for some people "fighting a draw" doesnt make sense lol, I'll assume you mean a nasty hook. Hooking never pays bro

It is a hook that I fight. This is the Internet. Hard draw haha

You a lefty? Hehe. I'm looking forward to the battle between the two to see which one comes out on top.

Yes sir, I am most definitely a left. (See my avatar..lol) Whichever poor driver loses, I will console it for you... haha

I am not really sure about the size and spin of the tour version. I hope it is the same size,but with less spin. I expect it to have a stouter shaft. I am really wanting to put the Matrix 6M3 in it. TC spoke so highly of it in his review and it would look sick!

Me neither. The rep that I spoke with just said a tour version was coming. I just expect it to be like the R11 tour version. Different shaft options.

Going off of memory from what I saw floating on the Interwebs this weekend: 460 cc head, deeper face than the regular model, PX Black shaft, tour adjustability sleeve (more options than the current sleeve), May release date. I'm not sure about the face angle.

I'm hitting this in 5 minutes!!!

Since the standard Fit isnt 460cc Id assume the Tour isnt either. and if the Tour version is 460cc were going to have some very confused MC dudes LOL

Back