Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I'm really praying that Cally will allow MC'ers the option of the tour version. I understand if they won't though. I like a slighly closed face and the retail Fit is too closed in the closed position for my liking

I would love for this as well. No worries here either if they don't, but I would love to have that added adjustability option as well.

So I drove a half hour today to the nearest golf store today (only one within 2 hours without going to Dicks) so that I could finally get out on the heated range with a RAZR Fit and give it some whacks. Some of you may have noticed me comment before on how much I can't stand the store because they have THE WORST selection and the guy that owns it is a jerk. Well, my feelings were confirmed again today when I went there and walked up to the counter with a big grin on my face while I held one of the RAZR Fit drivers in my hand. I asked him if I could go out and hit it (plastic was still on the head) and he told me no, he doesn't have any demo clubs. So I say "this still has the plastic on it." He tells me "clubs get dinged up too easy I'm not going to let anyone hit them and get them dinged up."

Let me rewind a little bit...one thing I have noticed when I go into this store is that the guy treats his customers like trash, and you can tell when one of his golf buddies comes in because he has a totally different tone and he talks really nice. As I was walking around the store looking at some sale stuff I heard his friends asking about the the RAZR Fit. He said he has already sold several, and he talked about a couple guys (mentioned them by name, so they must have been an acquaintance) that came in to hit it and are probably going to buy it.

So the jerk pretty much let his friends hit it, but when I go there to hit it he tells me he won't let people hit it because it will get dinged up. I was so mad I almost walked out right then without using the range because I don't want to support a douche like that. But I had driven a half hour and wanted to get some range time in so I still used the range. Someone needs to open a new golf shop and put this guy out of business, because he certainly doesn't know what customer service is all about. So I didn't get to hit the RAZR Fit today, so it looks like the first time I will be able to hit a Fit driver is whenever I get to make the trip to Chicago for my fitting. Until then I will just go crazy reading everyone elses amazing thoughts on this club.

So if you are ever driving through northern Indiana and pass by a store called Nicks Golf Center and think about stopping by to pick some stuff up....JUST KEEP DRIVING!

Wow what a jerk. I would contact Callaway and explain exactly what happened, that you would love to try the club but the only place close to you will not let you hit the club. That may get a little fire going under him, companies supply authorized dealers with demo clubs. What happened to his demo's?

Earl

IN I almost want to OEM this club just to send to you. It sucks that you have crappy golf stores around you bro

Wow what a jerk. I would contact Callaway and explain exactly what happened, that you would love to try the club but the only place close to you will not let you hit the club. That may get a little fire going under him, companies supply authorized dealers with demo clubs. What happened to his demo's?

Earl

I have never seen a demo club there other than on Demo Day. The guy never wants to let anyone hit his stuff, I don't even know how he stays in business. He advertises that he will match prices too, and once I went in a few years ago and asked him to match a price that was $50 less than what he was asking. He told me no. At that time there was another shop an hour away. I went there and bought the clubs for $100 less than his asking price.

I loved the feel of this driver. I loved pretty much everything about it. The only issue I had today when I got fit is they didn't have an x stiff shaft to try. Other than that, it absolutely lived up to the hype.

After reviewing the youtube video of the building of my Razr Fit, I noticed that he put a standard Golf Pride grip on it. I had requested a Winn Dri-Tac, but I'm glad that they are sending me the stock grip so I can put it up against the stock Lamkin of my Cleveland Classic. I'm hoping that the adjustability of this driver will help with the lefts I have going at the moment until I can start to eliminate my OTT move.

I'd send it back. Tell them to do it again and pay attention this time. They wouldn't give Phil the wrong grip. :alien:

After reviewing the youtube video of the building of my Razr Fit, I noticed that he put a standard Golf Pride grip on it. I had requested a Winn Dri-Tac, but I'm glad that they are sending me the stock grip so I can put it up against the stock Lamkin of my Cleveland Classic. I'm hoping that the adjustability of this driver will help with the lefts I have going at the moment until I can start to eliminate my OTT move.

I'd send it back. Tell them to do it again and pay attention this time. They wouldn't give Phil the wrong grip. :alien:

LOL. Haven't even got the package yet - or this thread would have been filled with pictures and an unboxing video (Chunky, take notice!)

But if I don't like the GPND, I'll just have it regripped with the Winn. It's one club, after all.

Will you be starting with neutral setting Nate? Or what is your adjustability strategy?

Can't wait to see the unboxing Nate!

Will you be starting with neutral setting Nate? Or what is your adjustability strategy?

I will start out at neutral at the driving range, then play with the weight settings first according to ball flight, then the hosel if needed.

I did play with this driver 4 rounds already.
More I hit it, more I like it.
I am playing in Honolulu so it is quite windy here.
Ball flight is just perfect for me and lower spin helped me under the against wind.
I did set up one point OPEN so I can easily hit both draw and fade( I am a Straight-Draw Hitter).

The Grip is RED-Black Golf Pride with small Callaway logo .

Just saw this on twitter

Says video is not available

sorry, not sure why it isn't working right nwo.

Heard from a birdie tonight that Callaway will be releasing a Tour model of the RAZR-Fit and everything will be the same, but it will green graphics instead of red. I also received a RAZR-Fit Tour Green Hat. Didn't mention if it will be a limited run or anything. Sounds like there will be shaft options for it, but stock will be the same RIP'd NV but different color scheme.

Just passing on the information.

More adjustability in the tour version as well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Got my first opportunity to get my hands on the Razr Fit today and HOLY S**T this thing is amazing. I didn't have the option to hit it but i will be next week when i have my fitting for my Morgan Cup clubs.

Some of you may have seen my story of when I went to the only local golf shop around me (the one I hate to begin with) and the guy at the shop told me that I couldn't hit the Fit because he didn't have any demos. I asked him if he could tape it and he said no. This was after I overheard him telling his friend he has had several people come in and try it (he mentioned the people by name so they must have been friends of his). So it re-affirmed my hatred for the store. So I decided I would stop at the Dicks Sporting Goods that is about 45 minutes away from me and have them tape one up for me and....NOPE! Jerkoff at Dicks wouldn't let me hit it either. I have hit clubs at Dicks before with no problem, they throw some impact tape on one of them off the rack and bam...I hit it in the bay. Not this time...I was told I couldn't hit it because they didn't have any to hit. They had 20 of them on the rack. So it looks like I will not be hitting this driver until I visit the Callaway Fitting Studio on the 18th. If I had money I would open my own golf shop here just to put these jerks out of business.

Some of you may have seen my story of when I went to the only local golf shop around me (the one I hate to begin with) and the guy at the shop told me that I couldn't hit the Fit because he didn't have any demos. I asked him if he could tape it and he said no. This was after I overheard him telling his friend he has had several people come in and try it (he mentioned the people by name so they must have been friends of his). So it re-affirmed my hatred for the store. So I decided I would stop at the Dicks Sporting Goods that is about 45 minutes away from me and have them tape one up for me and....NOPE! Jerkoff at Dicks wouldn't let me hit it either. I have hit clubs at Dicks before with no problem, they throw some impact tape on one of them off the rack and bam...I hit it in the bay. Not this time...I was told I couldn't hit it because they didn't have any to hit. They had 20 of them on the rack. So it looks like I will not be hitting this driver until I visit the Callaway Fitting Studio on the 18th. If I had money I would open my own golf shop here just to put these jerks out of business.

you need to do one of the follow:
a) open your own store
b) move
c) all of the above

That's just stupid. No reason why you shouldn't be able to tape up a club and hit it. Sure I can understand if the store has 1 and they don't want it hit at this time, but not hitting at dick's is just dumb. It will make your fitting more fun though, you will have a complete open mind on the driver.

Stinks man. Really really stinks. Sorry to hear this.

Thats a bummer Indy. was there a bad experience before at these shops?

Anyone head to head this with a Titlest 910 D2 - just wondering of any thoughts.
I am serious about getting a new stick and so far like the D2 but haven't had a chance to swing the Cally yet.

Thats a bummer Indy. was there a bad experience before at these shops?

I have had nothing but bad experiences at the local golf store. I only go in there to use the heated range now. I will never spend a single cent in their store after the way the owner has spoken to me when I have asked him questions. Totally disrespectful and acts like I know nothing about equipment. Haven't dealt much with Dicks before, I buy golf balls there, thats about it. I have hit some irons there before when I was shopping for new irons.

Back