The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're still so mean. I work hard, granted I may not have a lot of options right now but that's true for a great many people. You can only do your best and I shouldn't need to justify that.

We may need a career change thread. I'm trying to figure out what my next act is going to be. Clearly, it won't be professional golf. :sad:

Being that is what I do for a living, maybe a thread is worthy.

Why are they called funeral's and funeral homes when there's nothing fun about them??:sad:

Well, that's like most insurance is named after what you want to avoid: disability insurance, fire insurance, flood insurance, long term care insurance.

But no death insurance.

Being that is what I do for a living, maybe a thread is worthy.

Another ask the pro thread? I'm there! (Except you already know too darn much about me.)

Isn't Life Insurance, Death Insurance?

My favorite is when the Republicans changed the name of "Estate Tax" to "Death Tax," to help get it repealed. Absolutely brilliant PR work.

My favorite is when the Republicans changed the name of "Estate Tax" to "Death Tax," to help get it repealed. Absolutely brilliant PR work.

whoever came up with the "take the money I work for and give it to people who don't work" program pisses me off

haha, sorry

I'm just teasing too Julie. But I will win the bag. And you won't cuz your eliminated.

Isn't Life Insurance, Death Insurance?

Yup--that was my point.

Agreed. And what no one realizes is that when it's scheduled to go away next year (and only for next year, but that won't happen), the date-of-death basis step up goes away too. So you have to track down what your parents paid for everything you inherit from them, in order to keep your own records.

There is nothing on earth worse than someone who bought 100 shares of AT&T in 1964, signed up for the dividend reinvestment program, and then put the stock certificate in a safe deposit box.

Yup--that was my point.

Agreed. And what no one realizes is that when it's scheduled to go away next year (and only for next year, but that won't happen), the date-of-death basis step up goes away too. So you have to track down what your parents paid for everything you inherit from them, in order to keep your own records.

There is nothing on earth worse than someone who bought 100 shares of AT&T in 1964, signed up for the dividend reinvestment program, and then put the stock certificate in a safe deposit box.

ahh, that's what great about being poor... I won't ever have to worry about anything like that

You are so mean.

Thanks! (Even though I'm not sure what two falls out of three means.)

It's a wrestling term, Julie. Means best 2 out of 3, usually pins but sometimes submissions.

Gross

Gross

Salt Lake woman's record, nearly yard-long fingernails broken in car accident

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A Utah woman listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for her long fingernails has lost them in a car crash. Lee Redmond of Salt Lake City sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries in the accident Tuesday.

Redmond's nails, which hadn't been cut since 1979, were broken in the crash. According to the Guinness Web site, her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008, with the longest nail on her right thumb at 2 feet, 11 inches.

Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Don Hutson says Redmond was ejected from an SUV in the crash and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Redmond has been featured on TV in episodes of "Guinness Book of World Records" and "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

If she was driving with those, I swear I'm gonna go down to Salt Lake City and give her a second beating.

I always wondered what was the meat in a Jack in the Box taco. Beings it was owned by Purina I never did aquire a taste for them.

If she was driving with those, I swear I'm gonna go down to Salt Lake City and give her a second beating.

With nails that long how can you really do anything? Just thinking of simple day to day things it's got to be difficult or she has a lot of helpers.

With nails that long how can you really do anything? Just thinking of simple day to day things it's got to be difficult . . .

Like fastening her seatbelt, apparently.

Whoops, I forgot to keep an eye on this thread!

Thanks Osahar.

Interesting, Claire, I think I kind of follow!

And the nails...Bogey...she could be a receptionist at a doctors' office.

I wouldn't exactly say she has this driving thing nailed.

haha. I don't think with 2 foot finger nails that she would be able to drive. :confused2:

Of course not. She's female.

OMG I just said that out loud!

Ouch!

It's your Mandarain Chinese--bound feet and long fingernails. The more important you were, the more useless you were.

Totally unrelated. February this year is set up exactly as it was the year The Kid was born. He was due on Friday the 13th. I refused to have a baby on Friday the 13th. I refused to have a boy (we knew what we were getting) on Valentine's Day. So I spent the weekend doing all the tax returns and woke up in labor on President's Day. The little bugger took his sweet time--29-1/2 hours later, he arrived.

Ouch!

It's your Mandarain Chinese--bound feet and long fingernails. The more important you were, the more useless you were.

Totally unrelated. February this year is set up exactly as it was the year The Kid was born. He was due on Friday the 13th. I refused to have a baby on Friday the 13th. I refused to have a boy (we knew what we were getting) on Valentine's Day. So I spent the weekend doing all the tax returns and woke up in labor on President's Day. The little bugger took his sweet time--29-1/2 hours later, he arrived.

Why would you not want to have a boy on Valentine's Day? You could have named him Cupid. :laugh:

billybob.jpg

Billy Bob Thornton has a giant head.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back