Accenture Match Play Championship Thread (Spoiler)

DJ is gonna get an ass whoopin today

I agree with Tina about the 588. That was a very very sick looking combo with that KBS white shaft.

I agree with Tina about the 588. That was a very very sick looking combo with that KBS white shaft.

it really was a great looking combo. His performance with it seemed pretty poor though. If only he had wedge game

it really was a great looking combo. His performance with it seemed pretty poor though. If only he had wedge game

Besides yesterday, his wedge game has been terrible all year, no matter the wedges in the bag.

He has a wedge in his hand more often than any other player I have ever seen. You would think that with so much use, he would be better with the wedges.

I like the idea, as I have become a huge fan of the match play format. Unfortunately, I think it would kind of steal the thunder of the FedEx Cup (whatever thunder it has). Take for instance Webb Simpson last year. Had a hell of a year and was in position to win the FedEx Cup. Now say we insert a match play format after the Barclay's or BMW, and Webb gets knocked out by some lower seeded player (like today), say a Jarrod Lyle or something. I mean, it really diminishes an entire season of play, because Webb had one bad round. I just don't think that's fair to overrule a great season, with a one day tourney. That and I don't see the FedEx sponsors being real hip to the idea of Ken Duke and Briny Baird possibly knocking out a Dustin Johnson or a Tiger Woods from The Tour Championship. I think the golf world would rather have Briny and Duke perform over an entire season, than have four or five hot rounds and win 10 million dollars. Just my opinion.

That's fair.

I'd say that the way it would be set up, just as in the other fed ex cup tournaments if you have enough points built up over the season by having a really good year going into that event you can lose (miss the cut) and still advance. However you are still correct because even if you have a bad thursday in stroke play, you get another round on friday to right the ship before being cut, whereas in match play one bad day and its over.

I still generally like the idea of adding one other match play event to the pga tour season, but the details of implementing it, I have no idea.

Atournament style that I think would be interesting to see is a daily cutdown. Take the top 64 players and play 18 hole stroke-play. Top 32 advance, with a sudden death playoff for all those tied for the final spot. Reset the scores and keep cutting in half each day until you get a final four and have them play together in one group for a final 18 holes to determine a winner.

Not sure how well it work work in practice, but it sounds interesting on paper.

He has a wedge in his hand more often than any other player I have ever seen. You would think that with so much use, he would be better with the wedges.

I know. Maybe he should start hitting 4 irons off the tee so he has a 9 iron in to the greens.

I don't think I understand this.

I do love Lee Westwood though.

Sorry, my english is not perfect....., I said that I think Kaymer could be the winner off the Accenture this year....

I actually like this idea a lot. This could be done and be quite exciting. This may be the answer to slow play and immediate action. The boys would have to be on their game
Atournament style that I think would be interesting to see is a daily cutdown. Take the top 64 players and play 18 hole stroke-play. Top 32 advance, with a sudden death playoff for all those tied for the final spot. Reset the scores and keep cutting in half each day until you get a final four and have them play together in one group for a final 18 holes to determine a winner.

Not sure how well it work work in practice, but it sounds interesting on paper.

Sorry, my english is not perfect....., I said that I think Kaymer could be the winner off the Accenture this year....

Gotcha buddy! I think you could be right too. Although I think I have him losing to David Toms. I like MK. Always have.

Another 50 min until GC coverage.........ugh.

Looks like Hunter is killing Yang. 3 up thru 7.

Go Hunter!! Send the Yanger packing.

Mahan is going HAM on YE. After a bogey at 1 he's rolled off 5 birdies over the next 6 holes. That should have been GMac on the receiving end of that beating. He deserves it.

I can't stream golf at work anymore. I can on my phone, but it absolutely kills my battery. I need to remember to bring my charger tomorrow.

If Kaymer goes out, I am going to need the sizes of some t-shirts and addresses PM'ed to me. LOL. And if Kaymer and I win, I have decided I will go ahead and purchase my own THP! t-shirt.

Hunter now 4 up thru 8 and DJ is 3 up thru 5.

Back