2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

I am pretty glad we are full again. Makes things more exciting and also makes the announcements easier.

If I'm truly hung over, something tells me that a breakfast like that would cause a complete system dump on the first tee. Probably would feel better afterwards, however. :bulgy-eyes:

+1. I figure if I'm up and at breakfast and then the range early enough, if I need a system dump, I'll know before I get to the first tee.

Welcome rafdo!

Congrats on joining the fun Rafdo. Look forward to meeting you.

Now, Mary, let's hear more about those pancakes. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I am pretty glad we are full again. Makes things more exciting and also makes the announcements easier.

couldn't agree more! so many great announcements still to come!

System dump??

Is that a medical term?

Purge. Calling dinosaurs. Release of last nights fun. Or just old fashion throwing up/puking...

Medical term? No, unless you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

I just confirmed the last spot this morning, THP Golf Outing here I come!!
Not sure if you guys will be able to handle a Spanish-Cuban American hacker decked out in Adidas gear :bomb:
Just saw this and it is GREAT news. You're going to have a great time!

Rafdo in the house, welcome to the golf outing of the year!

Welcome Rafdo. Another Floridian to the party.
You are now the proud owner of a GET OUT OF WOODSHED FREE card. Use it wisely.

Rafdo might get a kitchen pass however you are destined for the room of gloom :bulgy-eyes:

Holy crap @ praline bacon pancakes. Are those things legal?

Depends on what you mean by legal....

It has now become my mission in life to have those!

I think we can arrange for you to knock this off your bucket list when you come down to GA

Congrats on joining the fun Rafdo. Look forward to meeting you.

Now, Mary, let's hear more about those pancakes. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm thinking they will be on the breakfast menu in my villa one morning.

I'm so excited we are full again! I can't wait to see the new teams and see who Ole Gray threatens to whup into the Woodshed next (Don't worry, there is a back door!) and to tee it up on the new course!

I'm thinking they will be on the breakfast menu in my villa one morning.

I'm so excited we are full again! I can't wait to see the new teams and see who Ole Gray threatens to whup into the Woodshed next (Don't worry, there is a back door!) and to tee it up on the new course!

Everybody will be fighting to get MaryC in their villa :beat-up::deadhorse::female-fighter::mean::pirate::shout::starwars::soldier::terror::surrender:!

praline bacon pancakes :drool:

Welcome Rafdo!

Lets keep this party filled and get on with the awesome details.

Congrats Rafdo!!!! I wish I could join y'all for this outing. Maybe the next one.

Have a great time everyone, and congrats again Rafdo!!:bashful:

MaryC -

Any chance we can get an official prison calendar update and quick explanation for all the newbies?

Fill me in on this official prison calendar, the wood shed, etc... I would really like to know what I am getting myself into. lol

MaryC -

Any chance we can get an official prison calendar update and quick explanation for all the newbies?

Not an OPCU but it I only have 66 days before I descend to Florida.

Cant get here fast enough!

Fill me in on this official prison calendar, the wood shed, etc... I would really like to know what I am getting myself into. lol

Great minds....as I was going to post a PCU (Prison Calendar Update) today while doing KP duty in the Prison Kitchen for using my 7i as a crow bar on the back gate.....

So without further adieu...

OFFICIAL PRISON CALENDAR UPDATE!!!

We are OFFICIALLY 65 days until we descend en masse on Grand Cypress Resort or as Master of His Woodshed, OG likes to call it Cypress Gardens.

In 65 days, we will be figuring out the quickest way to walk, crawl, run between villas. Find out who will Hanks something and taking bets on who will put the launch monitor out of commission during Demo Day. In 65 days, the newbies will be welcomed into the fold of us old codgers, quicker than JB can play nine holes. In 65 days, Morgan will be able to let out a HUGE sigh of relief because she won't have to deal with reshuffling villa assignments. In 65 days we get to take on some of the quickest greens the LPGA has ever played. But best of all in EXACTLY 65 days the GGOOE (Greatest Golf Outing On Earth) starts!!!

OK, for some explanations for the folks just joining us or who may have forgotten:

I started the Prison Calendar Updates three years ago for the 2nd Demo and Outing. The "Prison" is my office where I have a golf calendar on the wall. Every day, I mark off a day just like a prisoner awaiting parole. Here's a picture of last year's Prison Calendar

MarchPrisonCalendar.jpg

Up until now, they have been random as we've been many, MANY days from parole. BUT now that we are under the 75 day mark, they will happen more frequently. Once we hit 45 days, they will be every other week. When we hit 30 days, it will be once a week AND when we reach two weeks (14 days), they happen every day. Once a month, I post a picture of the current calendar and tell you about the golf course or hole pictured. This year's calendar is primarily European courses.

Just like a prisoner counting down the days until freedom, we don't count the day we are in and we don't count the day the Outing officially begins, thus the PC is always a day ahead of some counts.

As for the Woodshed....well, this balsa wood abode is the mental home of Ole Gray's conquests on the course. Unfortunately, the only real resident is Ole Gray because every time he has actually challenged one of us THPer's to a "whuppin'" behind said Woodshed he has been the only person on the ground crying his eyes out. Unless of course you count the old ladies that Ole Gray shakes down for their bingo money on the Goat Track (OG and KB's home course in Gray, GA).

(Little secret for you who haven't met him yet, OG is the absolutely nicest and gentle soul you will ever meet...but don't tell him I told you so!)

Thanks for the PCU MaryC!!! I can't wait to get to Orlando and see all you guys, and meet all the newbs, and you Cookie!

Back