Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

Last night I took a few swings with the Fast 12 3w on the launch monitor. I came away with mixed emotions. For starters I had a hard time catching one clean off the mat. When I did I just didn't get that great feel I've come to enjoy from the Mashie 3W. Or the RBZ 3W. Best I could get out of it was 220 on my best clean one. I'd think it would be better off the tee.

Last night I took a few swings with the Fast 12 3w on the launch monitor. I came away with mixed emotions. For starters I had a hard time catching one clean off the mat. When I did I just didn't get that great feel I've come to enjoy from the Mashie 3W. Or the RBZ 3W. Best I could get out of it was 220 on my best clean one. I'd think it would be better off the tee.

I hit one (prior to testing) off the tee and it felt like a rocket...way different feeling than what I've experienced with the driver.

Tap before talk.

went to range today and spent some time with the fast 12 3w. will hopefully get my write up together tonight. was comparing it to my r11 and shot some videos, will try and get those straightened as soon as i can.

Driving Range session

Clubs used:
R11, 15.5*
Fujikura Blur, Stiff, 70 Gram
Length 43”
Swing weight D4

Fast 12, 15*
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue, Stiff, 65 Gram
Length 43”
Swing weight D2

First thing I noticed when I took the Fast 12 out and started taking a few practice swings was the weight, the Fast 12 feels lighter throughout the club. It wasn’t too light that I felt out of control, but it was definitely lighter than the R11. Next thing that really jumped out at me was the sound, it has a higher pitched sound than the R11. Hopefully the videos can let you guys hear the difference, it seemed very different to what I am used to. The R11 is more of a muted sound.

It was hard to tell distance as I was just hitting out into an open field, so I am not even going to try and compare. I will say that on well struck shots, this thing can really go. The ball felt pretty hot off the face and would really get out there. I had no problem getting the ball in the air off the deck or tee’d up. I actually did not like how high the ball was getting with the Fast 12. I think it might have a little bit to do with the shaft, wish they had the option for the speedcoat red as I think that shaft would fit me better. The Fast 12 would climb much higher than the R11 and at times just float in the air. If I was hitting into the wind, I would not feel very comfortable hitting this club.

Another thing that seemed odd, and hoping will get worked out with more time, were the misses with the Fast 12. I had two misses with this club, fat or left. I am not sure why, but I was hitting quite a few shots fat with this club. The other miss was a pull draw. The shot would start left and then keep going left. I thought maybe it was just my swing today, but when I pulled out the R11 and started hitting everything was straight or right. Grabbed the Fast 12 again, and either straight or left. I was probably doing something differently with each club, but it just seemed odd to me that I was missing everything left with one club and right with the other club.

I am going to take a look at the videos I shot and hope that they can convey the sound differences. It was kind of windy out today, so I am not sure how well the mic on my camera could pick up today. Hope to have those up later.

Adams Fast 12 (3 wood) Testing

Alright, I made it home this morning and got an afternoon round in with two of my buddies for a comfortable 18 holes - it was a cloudy, breezy 62 degrees for most of the round. No rain or anything. It was a nice afternoon. We played a short, rolling course that definitely puts a premium on shot placement so I felt I'd get some work with the Fast 12 and I did. Managed to get a solid amount of testing done today and really tried to focus on hitting the Fast 12 3W off of the deck.

Teein' it up: I continue to see GREAT success with the Fast 12 3W off of the deck. It's just a really steady club for me - I feel much more comfortable with my 3W right now than I do my driver (which is an entirely different disaster right now). I hit Fast 12 a total of 6 times off of the tee and the results were as follows: 214, 226, 218, 231, 233, 204. So, I averaged about 221 from the tee box with the Fast 12. And, to be perfectly honest, I should've hit it more as my driver was complete hit or miss (and the misses were ugly). I just never really feel the need to overswing or try to crush it when I tee it up with the Fast 12 - I really wonder how much the velocity slot technology helps my comfort level. It certainly doesn't seem to be hurting. I definitely have been hitting the Fast 12 with more consistency than my Mashie M1.

Off of the Deck:
Like I said, I haven't been able to hit the Fast 12 3W from the fairway (or rough) a whole ton yet so I was excited to hopefully get the chance to do so today. I hit the Fast 12 a total of five times off of the deck today and my results were definitely a bit mixed. I caught two really well and they were solid shots - I saw a nice penetrating ball flight that definitely didn't balloon on me. You can definitely hear it when you hit this club flush - I still think it's a bit of a muted sound but it's a nice 'clink'. A unique sound, definitely. I had another shot balloon on me. It was in a first cut of rough and I definitely got under it a bit too much. It went really high. Like, I think I hit a blimp high. I still received decent enough distance out of it. I hit another shot off of the toe and I'll talk about that in a minute. And I hit a fifth shot a bit fat - I think the swing is as much to blame as the club (or, well, the swing is probably entirely to blame). So, yeah, my results were mixed. I guess the good news is that the solid shots were very solid and the misses were far from disasters.

It doesn't feel any more or less comfortable for me from the turf right now than any other fairway wood - I'm just not very good with them right now. But I'm encouraged. Like I said, I hit 2/5 really well and I think I can grow with that number. I still think the more open face at address will ultimately help me. I didn't catch any snap hooks with this like I'm so used to seeing with a fairway wood.

The Miss: Alright, as I said, I most definitely hit one square on the toe of the club today when I hit it from the short grass. It left a nice, full ball mark on the face of the club and it wasn't pretty. However, the shot still wasn't terrible. It definitely didn't come off the face 'hot' or anything but I still received solid enough distance out of it - it traveled about 175 yards and drifted a bit right. Ball flight was straight. I'll take that for a clear, obvious miss. So, I'd consider that to be fairly encouraging as well. I most certainly lost some distance but that's to be expected - I'll take manageable misses though.

---

So, I'm loving the Fast 12 from the tee box. Absolutely loving it. It's putting me in fairways, it comes off really hot when it's hit well, and it's providing me with a comfortable ball flight (that pretty much always either goes dead straight or draws slightly). I can say that I'm very excited to see if this club can improve my play from the short grass with a fairway wood - it has long been a battle for me and I'd love to find a club that helps a bit.

I haven't found the velocity slots to be at all distracting. And, even though they do pick up a bit of dirt, I'm willing to strongly consider that the technology behind the slots is something that definitely helps. The Fast 12 3W feels really 'hot' off of the face when you hit it well and, according to Adams, that's one of the biggest ideas behind the velocity slot.

I'm still feeling positive about this club and I'm excited to put more work in with it. Our ten day forecast should provide a lot of opportunities to golf (although it looks like we're done with the 80+ days for a little while) and I may even try to get out tomorrow if it's not too blustery.

I didn't have a chance to get any pictures or video today so I do apologize for that. I'll try to get some good stuff tomorrow as I'd imagine the courses will be rather empty if I do sneak out. And, of course, I'll gladly pay attention to any specific questions or thoughts regarding the Fast 12. I can sincerely say that this is a lot of fun and I'm very thankful to both THP and Adams.

OK so here are the videos. Hope these help!

Visual Comparison
Spoiler

Fast 12 Deck
Spoiler

R11 Deck
Spoiler

Fast 12 Tee
Spoiler

R11 Tee
Spoiler

Fast 12 vs R11 Tee Close Up
Spoiler

Fast 12 Shot (can follow the ball about half way down the range)
Spoiler

Good stuff. Some interesting videos. I know you were just hitting into a field but how would you guess the distance on the Fast 12 compared to the R11 when you struck it well?

I would like to see more comparisons between the Adams Fast 12 fairway vs. the Mashie fairway. On top of that I would like to see comparisons between the Fast 12 and the newer Adams XTD Super fairway. This might be a bit premature, so I may need to bump this post later.

I would like to see more comparisons between the Adams Fast 12 fairway vs. the Mashie fairway. On top of that I would like to see comparisons between the Fast 12 and the newer Adams XTD Super fairway. This might be a bit premature, so I may need to bump this post later.

Yeah, for sure. Not a problem. Like I said, the courses should be a bit empty tomorrow if I can get out so I should be able to do some more side-by-side comparisons.

I got a chance to hit the Fast 12 FW 15*and the XTD 15* Super Hybrid today at a golf show...just into nets and off mats, but from that I've got to admit I hit the XTD far more solidly. Can't speak to distance or accuracy, but I was far more comfortable with the XTD. I'd love to actually see the distance difference (if any) between these. I see it online listed as a 1H.

Good stuff. Some interesting videos. I know you were just hitting into a field but how would you guess the distance on the Fast 12 compared to the R11 when you struck it well?

If I had to pick, I would guess that the R11 is longer. It had a more penetrating flight and looked to be landing a little past the Fast 12. The Fast 12 just went too high for my liking today.

This is how I feel, which makes it hard to really use it as much as I'd prefer on the course. As for the feel, I agree in a big way. It's pretty good if you catch is square, but it doesn't really compare to the Mashie or a good number of other fairway woods I've hit in the last year.

Check back in the thread a bit and I've touched on the Mashie comparison.

I let a playing partner hit this on the range and on the course yesterday. He's a senior golfer that plays a lower draw shot shape.

I think he would have taken it home with him after the round if he could have. He normally plays a higher lofted fairway wood, but had no problem getting the ball flight where he liked it. He hit it lower than I have been, but I believe the shaft was probably a little stiffer than he'd prefer.

Nonetheless, he was getting a nice piercing draw that rolled out quite a bit. Barely missed a green from the 200 range with it, which is a pretty good poke for him.

really good update Steel....I particularly liked the bolded part ... I think a medium to medium fast SS is what the velocity slot likes. almost like it has just the right amount of time to compress and spring whereas if you swing too fast it throws everything off a bit

Adams Fast 12 (3 wood) Testing

Alright, I made it home this morning and got an afternoon round in with two of my buddies for a comfortable 18 holes - it was a cloudy, breezy 62 degrees for most of the round. No rain or anything. It was a nice afternoon. We played a short, rolling course that definitely puts a premium on shot placement so I felt I'd get some work with the Fast 12 and I did. Managed to get a solid amount of testing done today and really tried to focus on hitting the Fast 12 3W off of the deck.

Teein' it up: I continue to see GREAT success with the Fast 12 3W off of the deck. It's just a really steady club for me - I feel much more comfortable with my 3W right now than I do my driver (which is an entirely different disaster right now). I hit Fast 12 a total of 6 times off of the tee and the results were as follows: 214, 226, 218, 231, 233, 204. So, I averaged about 221 from the tee box with the Fast 12. And, to be perfectly honest, I should've hit it more as my driver was complete hit or miss (and the misses were ugly). I just never really feel the need to overswing or try to crush it when I tee it up with the Fast 12 - I really wonder how much the velocity slot technology helps my comfort level. It certainly doesn't seem to be hurting. I definitely have been hitting the Fast 12 with more consistency than my Mashie M1.

Off of the Deck:
Like I said, I haven't been able to hit the Fast 12 3W from the fairway (or rough) a whole ton yet so I was excited to hopefully get the chance to do so today. I hit the Fast 12 a total of five times off of the deck today and my results were definitely a bit mixed. I caught two really well and they were solid shots - I saw a nice penetrating ball flight that definitely didn't balloon on me. You can definitely hear it when you hit this club flush - I still think it's a bit of a muted sound but it's a nice 'clink'. A unique sound, definitely. I had another shot balloon on me. It was in a first cut of rough and I definitely got under it a bit too much. It went really high. Like, I think I hit a blimp high. I still received decent enough distance out of it. I hit another shot off of the toe and I'll talk about that in a minute. And I hit a fifth shot a bit fat - I think the swing is as much to blame as the club (or, well, the swing is probably entirely to blame). So, yeah, my results were mixed. I guess the good news is that the solid shots were very solid and the misses were far from disasters.

It doesn't feel any more or less comfortable for me from the turf right now than any other fairway wood - I'm just not very good with them right now. But I'm encouraged. Like I said, I hit 2/5 really well and I think I can grow with that number. I still think the more open face at address will ultimately help me. I didn't catch any snap hooks with this like I'm so used to seeing with a fairway wood.

The Miss: Alright, as I said, I most definitely hit one square on the toe of the club today when I hit it from the short grass. It left a nice, full ball mark on the face of the club and it wasn't pretty. However, the shot still wasn't terrible. It definitely didn't come off the face 'hot' or anything but I still received solid enough distance out of it - it traveled about 175 yards and drifted a bit right. Ball flight was straight. I'll take that for a clear, obvious miss. So, I'd consider that to be fairly encouraging as well. I most certainly lost some distance but that's to be expected - I'll take manageable misses though.

---

So, I'm loving the Fast 12 from the tee box. Absolutely loving it. It's putting me in fairways, it comes off really hot when it's hit well, and it's providing me with a comfortable ball flight (that pretty much always either goes dead straight or draws slightly). I can say that I'm very excited to see if this club can improve my play from the short grass with a fairway wood - it has long been a battle for me and I'd love to find a club that helps a bit.

I haven't found the velocity slots to be at all distracting. And, even though they do pick up a bit of dirt, I'm willing to strongly consider that the technology behind the slots is something that definitely helps. The Fast 12 3W feels really 'hot' off of the face when you hit it well and, according to Adams, that's one of the biggest ideas behind the velocity slot.

I'm still feeling positive about this club and I'm excited to put more work in with it. Our ten day forecast should provide a lot of opportunities to golf (although it looks like we're done with the 80+ days for a little while) and I may even try to get out tomorrow if it's not too blustery.

I didn't have a chance to get any pictures or video today so I do apologize for that. I'll try to get some good stuff tomorrow as I'd imagine the courses will be rather empty if I do sneak out. And, of course, I'll gladly pay attention to any specific questions or thoughts regarding the Fast 12. I can sincerely say that this is a lot of fun and I'm very thankful to both THP and Adams.

This is how I feel, which makes it hard to really use it as much as I'd prefer on the course. As for the feel, I agree in a big way. It's pretty good if you catch is square, but it doesn't really compare to the Mashie or a good number of other fairway woods I've hit in the last year.

Check back in the thread a bit and I've touched on the Mashie comparison.

I let a playing partner hit this on the range and on the course yesterday. He's a senior golfer that plays a lower draw shot shape.

I think he would have taken it home with him after the round if he could have. He normally plays a higher lofted fairway wood, but had no problem getting the ball flight where he liked it. He hit it lower than I have been, but I believe the shaft was probably a little stiffer than he'd prefer.

Nonetheless, he was getting a nice piercing draw that rolled out quite a bit. Barely missed a green from the 200 range with it, which is a pretty good poke for him.

Good thoughts Hawk. Seems were sharing the same thoughts on the FW. I was hitting it off the mat but that is the only way to get launch monitor numbers. One thing that wasnt in the Fast 12's favor was Id already gone HAM on hybrids and probably wore myself out well before hitting the Fast 12.

Thanks buddy. I might try to get a few swings in on the monitor tonight with it if I'm allowed. I feel like there is some potential there after hitting some good shots on the range.

Got out for a round this weekend and used the Fast 12 wherever I could "normally" I decided if I wanted to give my best opinions on it I should use it where I normally would use a 3 wood. As a side note I normally hit driver off every tee, as I'm not super accurate with any club I'd like to be as long as possible knowing I might be off my mark a bit.

I'll try and give a shot by shot summary and my thoughts.

Hole 1, Par 5
Hit a drive about where I normally do and had about 250 into the green from the right rough. Had to try and cut it a bit but the Fast 12 ended up right front of the green. I was very happy with the result. Club felt just right and if it hadn't flown as high my guess would be I would have been on the green. The flight of the ball is quite a bit higher than I'm used to, but I'm liking it better and better as there are a lot of trees on the course and this seems to get it above them well.

Hole 2, Par 4
Pushed my drive way right, OB, so decided I'd hit the Fast 12 3W instead of the driver again. I hit it pretty good and got it out there and straight. It's nice to be in the fairway, but still haven't gotten the distance I'd like. One thing I noticed on the tee shot was the lack of distractions on the crown:
cae2ea7b.jpg

It's so easy to focus on with nothing distracting you, I initially thought the marks on the grip would be, it's not when focused on the shot.

Hole 3, Par 3
This is a hole, depending on where the tee is, I could hit anything from driver down to 5 iron. It was a bit back and thought I'd choke down on the Fast 12 3W and see what happens, I'm in LOVE!!!! This thing is awesome for this shot, nice high cut, this is where the high ball flight rocks!!! Impact wasn't anything I felt, so maybe it's just my lack of skill, but it was super easy to swing choked down and maybe a little taken off the shot.

Hole 4, Par 5
This is a long 3 shot hole for me normally, so driver is always off the tee, the Fast 12 3W got me some great distance on my second, but still had 125 in for third. But that's about normal anyway, the course was a bit wet with some recent rain so I didn't expect to get a ton of run out on the day.

Hole 9, Par 4
This is my nemisis hole, super long par 4, always hit driver, expect that day I topped my drive and had a ton left for my second, my GPS went on the fritz so I'm guessing 275 left. I put what I thought was a good swing on the Fast 12 but still had like 100 left.

Hole 11, Par 5
This hole has a huge dog left right and if you don't get good distance on your tee shot and are too far right you have no chance at advancing second due to trees. So I shortened my swing and tried to get my drive on the left hand side, well I did that but was way back. But the Fast 12 on my second went straight and high over the trees I was trying to avoid and got it down for like a 125-130 third. This might be my new go to yardage!

Hole 17, Par 4
Another huge par 4 hit a decent drive and the Fast 12 on my second went high and a bit left but left me a nice two putt for par. These longer holes don't scare me as much using the Fast 12 more. I used to think of them as a three shot hole, but not as much now.

Hole 18, Par 5
Huge hill to climb up after your drive down. Fast 12 got it out there quite a ways for about 100 in on my third. Another nice Par.

In summary, I'm in love with the Fast 12 and expect that infatuation to last. I need to get some spring lessons in and try and dial in my swing, but I'm liking the results, especially when I use the Fast 12 where it feels comfortable instead of forcing it to perform on shots.

I'm trying to use summary words on the end of rounds or range sessions, for this round it would be "COMFORTABLE!!!"

Thanks buddy. I might try to get a few swings in on the monitor tonight with it if I'm allowed. I feel like there is some potential there after hitting some good shots on the range.

I'll be curious to see what you find. I wish I would have tee'ed it up a few times.

well except for your toes...hehe nice update Icey!

I'll try and give a shot by shot summary and my thoughts.
cae2ea7b.jpg

It's so easy to focus on with nothing distracting you, I initially thought the marks on the grip would be, it's not when focused on the shot.

well except for your toes...hehe nice update Icey!

Luckily I haven't been playing barefoot lately!!!

But seriously, I was concerned about the slot or grip being distracting and none of it is noticeable at address.

I find the slot to be far less distractig than I thought it would be as well

Luckily I haven't been playing barefoot lately!!!

But seriously, I was concerned about the slot or grip being distracting and none of it is noticeable at address.

Icey, great write up. I think 'comfortable' is a great way to describe this club as it seems to perform most effectively when a steady swing is applied. Really nice to see that it's working out for you so far.

I managed to get out for nine this morning as my class was cancelled and GOD was it cold. These 80 degree days have me totally spoiled. It was about 44 when I teed off but it felt like it was below zero. Got a bit warmer as the sky cleared up though.

I'll recap my results after I get home from lunch. I've really been trying to concentrate on 'hitting down' on my fairway woods/hybrids and I had some decent results today.

Icey, great write up. I think 'comfortable' is a great way to describe this club as it seems to perform most effectively when a steady swing is applied. Really nice to see that it's working out for you so far.

I managed to get out for nine this morning as my class was cancelled and GOD was it cold. These 80 degree days have me totally spoiled. It was about 44 when I teed off but it felt like it was below zero. Got a bit warmer as the sky cleared up though.

I'll recap my results after I get home from lunch. I've really been trying to concentrate on 'hitting down' on my fairway woods/hybrids and I had some decent results today.

Being in Ohio, I can definitely empathize with the thought that 44* felt like 0* this morning. I've been taking dry swings every day that I can't review the club, and I think I'm getting closer to feeling comfortable with it.

Adams Fast 12 (3W) Testing

Alright, like I said, I made it out this morning for 9 holes. I definitely underestimated just how cold it was out there! It was in the low-to-mid 40's and a bit windy during my entire round. Needless to say, it was a little painful, haha. My hands were numb and hurting by the end of the round. However, I was still hitting the ball well (somehow). The weather is up-and-down over the next few days but I should be able to get out again on Wednesday, Friday, and over the weekend.

I ended up shooting a 43 on the back nine of a local course called Duck Hollow - I play there often. The back nine is cut through the woods and requires a good bit of shot placement. I was able to give the Fast 12 a decent test in some not so lovely conditions.

Hole #10 is a 595 yard par 5 - it's a dogleg right that requires a bit of precision off of the tee - if you miss too far to the right then you're in a ton of trouble with your second shot. I pulled out my driver and hit it well but it did drift a bit right. I was still able to keep it in play though and put myself in a position to give the Fast 12 3W a swing from the right side of the fairway. I was still a solid 360 yards from the green. As I said before, I'm really going to start making an effort to hit down with my woods and hybrids - I feel like I've been trying to adjust my swing to the club in the past and I know that's not the best way to get results. I made really solid contact and left myself with about 160 - the ball just wasn't traveling far today at all. Definitely pleased with the contact though. This club makes it pretty obvious when you hit it flush - the sound is just really crisp. I ended up carding a bogey.

Hole #11 is a sharp dogleg (353 yard par 4) left that probably requires the most precision tee shot on the course (I always use a hybrid or 3W from the tee here) - you're hitting down an alley of trees that will most certainly catch your ball if you're off the mark. And it caught my ball. BARELY. Sucks because I really felt like I flushed the Fast 12. I just started it out a bit too far to the right and it just clipped a branch. I caught a good break but I was still left with 210 or so to the green and didn't really have a good angle. So, I had to play an iron to get back into the fairway. I hit a great approach shot and ended up saving bogey.

Hole #13 is a bit of a risk/reward par 5 - it measures out at only 499 yards and is most definitely reachable. In these conditions though I knew it'd be a three shot hole no matter how well I was hitting the ball. I hit a decent drive that left me with about 270. I was in a good position to use the Fast 12 though and definitely hit my best shot of the day with it. I caught it clean and it got up a little higher than any other shot I had - it was a GREAT ball flight. And it drew a little which is the shot shape that I'm generally accustomed to seeing. I was left with no more than 40 yards into the green. Of course, I pulled my pitch left - onto a hillside - and ended up with a par. But I felt really comfortable with the Fast 12 on this one and it came up huge from the turf.

Hole #17
provided me with the next opportunity to use the Fast 12 (I normally would use it on the par 5 15th hole but I hit a terrible drive that left me scrambling - took the Fast 12 out of play). This is most definitely the toughest hole on the course and my arch nemesis. Hitting driver is very risky because it will most definitely be OB if you can't successfully draw it - it's a sharp dogleg left that measures out at 363 yards (and is the hardest handicap hole on the course). So, I pulled out the Fast 12 and used it from the tee - wasn't so great. I hit it well enough but I was unable to get it to draw back at all - it stayed in play but left me in a position where I could not reach the green.

---

Random Musings: I really didn't make poor contact with the Fast 12 at all this morning. I can't say that I was deadly accurate with it today but I'll take the results considering my hands were numb and hurting. It was cold - I'm sissified right now after having all of this nice weather. But, yeah, I was making good contact. I'm going to continue to concentrate on really hitting down on the ball with the Fast 12 to hopefully get a consistent ball flight. I think it's fairly obvious so far though that the Fast 12 is slowly turning a weakness into a strength - it's helping me score better and I feel a bit more confident when I pull out my 3W.

I let my buddy swing it this morning (he's a big hitter - can definitely poke it out there a lot further than I can) and he had mixed results. It sliced on him the first two times that he swung it but when he really caught it clean he absolutely CRUSHED it. He said it felt comfortable and was intrigued by the velocity slots - always nice to get a different take in person.

I'm planning on heading to the range tomorrow evening if the weather is solid enough (looks like it should be close to 60 and sunny). I really want to get a solid range session in so that I can try a few different things with the Fast 12. I apologize for not providing any multimedia feedback today but it was simply too DARN COLD. I had to protect my frozen, feeble fingers in between shots. I really want to get some video for you folks so hopefully a nice, long range session tomorrow will provide me with that opportunity (and it'll hopefully allow me to do some more in-depth testing against the Mashie).

Basically, in summation, I continue to be impressed with this club and I'm having a lot of fun trying to turn a weakness into a comfort zone. I'm having trouble finding a real weakness in this 3W right now but I definitely haven't put it through the ringer enough from the fairway - it's always such an up-and-down area of my game so I'm curious to see if I can see good results over a long period of time.

I'm determined to make strides in my golf game this year and this testing is only encouraging me to hit the course even more. I'm still planning on taking lessons with my local GolfTEC but I keep getting pushed back due to a change in ownership - that should come about soon enough.

Also, one more random thought - I really, really like the grip on the Fast 12. I haven't found much use for the alignment aid on the grip and wouldn't mind if it went away but other than that it's really solid. The weather in Pennsylvania has allowed me to already test the Fast 12 in both 84 and 44 degree weather - it was comfortable in both temperatures. Just adds to my confidence level with this club. I don't wear a glove when I golf so I'm a bit particular about grips - these are not at all rough but they still provide plenty of grip.

Last edited:
Nice job, SP. I think it's a good quality grip as well.

After my lesson I let one of those young, too good for their own good type of guys hit this on the launch monitor. He hadn't really warmed up, so it took him a few swings to get into it. He's silent ninja long. First shots were in the 250 range and the last two shots he hit carried over 280. He didn't really say much about the club other than to say that he it around the same distance as his normal 3 wood. I didn't have a chance to capture the numbers, but it looked like the height of his shots was pretty up there. It sounds very different when he hits it. I promptly thanked him, insulted him, and left lol.

I've enjoyed following the testing of these clubs and have spent the last couple of days going through it. Keep it up, there is lots of great info packed into this thread!

Back