Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

Still able to hear the sound pretty good there, Adam. Thanks for posting them.

You guys are sharing a ton of great info on these two clubs. Great pics, vids and write ups. Good job fellas, keep it going.

If I hadn't edited the videos I'm uploading you would see me jogging to and from the cart, haha.

Edit: The videos refused to rotate so I apologize for the awkward views.

lol dude, did you just toss the camera on the ground and go? The one is even upside down, thats impressive.

Very nice updates Hawk & Adam! I must admit that this is first time I have watched a video posted here upside down. :D All good Adam!!

Hawk: regarding the turf interaction of this, obviously you have the Mashie FW which has received really good reviews in the turf interaction department. Would you consider the Adams Fast 12 FW similar on par with other FW woods that you have tried in the turf interaction area prior to the Mashie? I realize you are not very comfortable hitting the Adams off of the deck now but trying to understand how it would compare to other FW woods you have tried outside of the Mashie. Sorry for the ramble, hopefully you get where I am going with that.

I do get where you're going with it. It performs similar to others in that regard. I'm basically as comfortable with it for that shot as I was in the past, but not nearly a comfortable as I am with the Mashie. Now that I'm hitting it pretty well, I'd say that the ball flight isn't quite as high as the 17° FL, but my ratio of fat to clean shots is pretty close.

I have a different level of expectation with fairway woods off the turf right now. In the past, I just accepted that half of my shots from the grass, if not more, were not going to be what I was hoping for. At this point, I'm expecting a good shot every time. It obviously doesn't happen that way, but I don't really fear the shot. To me, it's another level of forgiveness that is catered to my biggest flaw with a fairway wood.

I love the vids Adam, makes your reviews really stick out and they are memorable. I'm not sold on these yet, but plan on giving them a few whacks come May.

I do get where you're going with it. It performs similar to others in that regard. I'm basically as comfortable with it for that shot as I was in the past, but not nearly a comfortable as I am with the Mashie. Now that I'm hitting it pretty well, I'd say that the ball flight isn't quite as high as the 17° FL, but my ratio of fat to clean shots is pretty close.

I have a different level of expectation with fairway woods off the turf right now. In the past, I just accepted that half of my shots from the grass, if not more, were not going to be what I was hoping for. At this point, I'm expecting a good shot every time. It obviously doesn't happen that way, but I don't really fear the shot. To me, it's another level of forgiveness that is catered to my biggest flaw with a fairway wood.

Makes perfect sense, and was about what I thought. Thanks for the explanation.

I love the vids Adam, makes your reviews really stick out and they are memorable. I'm not sold on these yet, but plan on giving them a few whacks come May.

Thanks! I can tell the potential I there for this driver to be very good. It's not great in any 1 area but is above average in all. The quest for this potential will make the process more exciting for me, and hopefully the reader.

Tap before talk.

lol dude, did you just toss the camera on the ground and go? The one is even upside down, thats impressive.

I used a head cover as a stand and clearly wasn't paying attention to how I say the phone down, haha. I had 10 or do other videos that made these look professional...I'll have to take the Dslr out next time

Tap before talk.

I went to pick up the rest of my set and try out a driver (to possibly buy) today expecting to buy the Callaway Razr Fit if anything, as I loved the hybrids and woods and hit them far better than the speedline hybrids/woods.

This was not the case. I hit the Fast 12 considerably better, loved the feel significantly more and purchased it on the spot.

Not to mention.. the sound. I am in love with the train wreck sound when you hit this thing. I'll post some more info tomorrow after the range and a round.

I'm going to head to the range this evening with my buddy if the rain holds off. I also have a tee time booked both days this weekend (and the weather looks fantastic on Sunday). Should get some good looks in the next few days.

i put the 3wood in play today and will have a write up later, going to dinner and dont have time to put it together now.

but a teaser.... i prefer to hit this club off the deck vs a tee.

Just getting caught up, some amazing reviews in here testers! Keep up the great work guys. Im liking the sound of that club Adam.

Just getting caught up, some amazing reviews in here testers! Keep up the great work guys. Im liking the sound of that club Adam.

It's one of the best sound drivers when you strike it well. I've got another video from today that shows the not so pretty sound when struck poorly, haha

Tap before talk.

Surprised these aren't a little more forgiving! Great work everyone.

Surprised these aren't a little more forgiving! Great work everyone.

I am really surprised how not forgiving the driver is for how big the face is. There feels like there is a lot of mass behind the ball on a center hit. My normal miss is off of the toe, and it feels dead when struck there.

I am really surprised how not forgiving the driver is for how big the face is. There feels like there is a lot of mass behind the ball on a center hit. My normal miss is off of the toe, and it feels dead when struck there.

The toe definitely seems to be the worst place to miss. Everywhere else forgiveness is good (not really good).

Griff, we'll have to play a round one day and you can try it out

Tap before talk.

I had my best range session to date with the Fast12 driver today. I was actually able to keep the flight down to a very nice trajectory and was able to get my best roll out yet. I'm still finding the best results with teeing the ball quite a bit lower but that's fine with me. Tomorrow I'll be playing 18 and I'm hoping to continue with what I started today, if I can take that flight to the course I'm pretty sure I can knock the ball out there to where I normally hit it. The one thing that continues to impress me with this driver is just how straight I'm hitting it. If I can get the ball out near where I usually hit from I'm going to love this thing. The problem is that on my course if I'm hitting it any short at all off the tee I'm left with 200 to 215 left on some of our longer par 4s and fairway or not that's just too far to have left on a par 4.

More work tomorrow, stay tuned. I might even grab some video tomorrow...with milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note that I'm still here - the weather here has reverted back to typical March cold/rainy in the last week so I haven't been able to get out.

I did get some help with my swing (indoors) yesterday that might explain why I'm personally having trouble getting this club to perform for me so I'm optimistic that the next range session will go better.

Nice work by all of the other testers in here, looks like the FW is a winner.

Ken

80+ degrees, partly cloudy, 5-10 mph wind
Testing: Fast 12 3 wood

Got out and played 18 yesterday. While warming up before the round, I was sure to hit some balls with the Fast 3W. Started with hitting them off the grass, and was very pleased with the results. I like the feel of the shaft on this club. It doesn't feel "whippy" during your swing, it feels "stout" (not sure that is the proper word to use). It didnt feel like it was too stiff, but it felt like you were in control of the club. I think they did a good job of making the club light, but still letting you feel like you are in control. On the range I was hitting the ball pretty well. The sound is a higher pitch sound than i would expect out of a 3 wood, but not so high pitched that it is annoying. The feel on a well struck shot is good, you will know you caught it center of the face, but it doesnt necessarily feel "hot". My miss tended to go left, kind of a pull/draw combo. I tee'd up a few and was getting a really high ball flight (no matter how high/low i tee'd the ball). I tee'd up a few with my R11 to see if maybe i was just hitting it high yesterday, but the R11 was not getting up nearly as high as the Fast 12 and looked to be carrying a little further.

Now to on course results... (for distance comparisons I average ~230 with my R11 off the deck and ~245 off the tee)

Hit it off the tee on short par 4, and hit it almost straight up. Ball only traveled approx 175. I tee'd it up too high, got it off the top of the face and out on the toe. This shot left a mark on the top of the 3w. Tee'd up another one, this time like an iron shot on a par 3. Hit this one better, but still really high, ~220 yards. Both were right side of the fairway. The second one felt like a pretty good swing and felt like good contact, the ball just started climbing and kept going. Left a pitch mark in the fairway and backed up about a foot.

Spoiler
P1070302.jpg

Hit it off the tee on a short par 4. Hit it pretty well ~225 up the left side just off of the fairway. Was aiming up the right side and pulled it. This pretty much is my miss with this club so far, high and left. Tee'd up a second one as low as you can and still have it on a tee. Absolutely crushed this one, ~245-250 exactly where I aimed it. Was about 15 yards behind my buddies drive haha. This was easily the best shot I have hit with this club so far. It was still a fairly high shot, with only about 5 yards of roll. I would love to try this club with the prolaunch red shaft in it.

On a par 5, phone said I was ~230 to center of the green. Pulled out the Fast 12 and hit it right of the green, clocked the shot at ~225. Put on a good swing on it and hit a little baby cut. Before this shot, I dont think I had hit a single one right with this club. Wish I had aimed left side like I would normally do, would have got the green in 2 (I normally hit my R11 with a little bit of a cut). Dropped two more in the fairway. Hit the second shot with another slight fade, but short of the green ~215. Hit the third one poorly (tried to kill it) and it rolled about 150 yards down the fairway. I really liked feel and results of hitting this club out of the fairway, ball flight was a little lower more piercing trajectory, but still a little higher than i would prefer.

Didnt have any other chances to put the club in play today, hoping to get back to the range tomorrow.

Nice job on the update, Marshall.

Played 18 today and shot an 87. Struck the ball well but I'm just a mess on the tee box right now. Driver is a complete disaster - I'm stuck with a big time mental block right now and I just can't shake it. Zero confidence with the driver. Still managed to put together a decent round and had some success with the Fast 12. I'm going to eat dinner, do a few other things, and then I'll toss out an update.

Absolutely love this club. I have been able to correct a straight fade and am consistently driving 260-280 off the teebox. I for the first time ever, drove the green on a short 284 yard par 4 yesterday (no, I missed the putt) :( . But I feel I will have many more chances with this club. Forgiveness is good, just don't hit it off the toe or you'll be a sad panda.

I'm not testing this one but I did stop by Dicks to see what the Adams Speedline Fast Driver would do for me.
Here's what I found out.
I tried the 10.5* Reg. flex option and took a few swacks at the ball.
Sound For me the Driver had a pleasant sound nothing harsh to the ears.

Flight Could not tell the trajectory on the computer at Dicks all they were showing was stats on the laptop. Launch angle was kind of high between 16*~19*.
Spin was between 3600~4600 carry on the ball 240yds~260yds

Swing Speed I did notice an increase from my usual 92~93 mph swing speed to 95 mph. So I'm guessing that the Combination of theAreo design and the odd feeling rough shaft I picked up a few mph on the swing speed.

It will be interesting to try more options at the Demo day to see if this Driver can kick my 909 out of the bag.

Back