Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Nice work on the run dude.

I'm just going to play as much golf as humanly possible...that should do it. Playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Also coming up at the end of April me and my team get to defend our title in the BustaBall Classic. This is the 15th annual. 2 team match play competition. I was the winning captain last year, gotta go win it again this year!

I think you run away with it this year, Jake.

I might be joining a club. Had a nice meeting with the director of golf at a course today that was very informative. Taking Erin out there next week to check it out. I think she'll be sold by the swimming pool.

Very nice, TC. One of the best decisions I've made so far.

So, I had my 3rd session with the medical masseuse yesterday, and told her I really wanted to play 18 next Friday because my brother was going to be in town, and I only get to see him twice a year. She told me that if I came in on Wednesday she would spend half of the session just on my lower back, and that really I should be able to play right now. Just a little nervous because every time I think it is healed I have a set back, but, it is actually feeling better than it has in years. Looks like I am reaching the end of this injury, finally, and can start preparing in depth which is great since I paid for lessons in December and haven't even started them. Things are looking up boys! Just gotta get through Friday unscathed, and that will build the confidence that it really is healed.

So, I had my 3rd session with the medical masseuse yesterday, and told her I really wanted to play 18 next Friday because my brother was going to be in town, and I only get to see him twice a year. She told me that if I came in on Wednesday she would spend half of the session just on my lower back, and that really I should be able to play right now. Just a little nervous because every time I think it is healed I have a set back, but, it is actually feeling better than it has in years. Looks like I am reaching the end of this injury, finally, and can start preparing in depth which is great since I paid for lessons in December and haven't even started them. Things are looking up boys! Just gotta get through Friday unscathed, and that will build the confidence that it really is healed.
Thats great news Yorky, I know there is nothing worse than a bad back and I hope you get over it soon and can get back out there working on your game.

I don't know how you avoided going insane, yorkem. Glad to hear it buddy and I hope it's all behind you now.

Good luck Yorkie, man dude I really hope you can get over this and start playing pain free. Keep us posted buddy!

I really hope you join that club TC. You know I will be making day trips to AshVegas on the weekends. I actually just joined a club myself. More sushi money for me!

I am so glad to hear it Yorkem! I can't wait for you to get out there and start getting better. I also can't wait till I get to grab a round with you again.

Thats great news Yorky, I know there is nothing worse than a bad back and I hope you get over it soon and can get back out there working on your game.

I don't know how you avoided going insane, yorkem. Glad to hear it buddy and I hope it's all behind you now.

Good luck Yorkie, man dude I really hope you can get over this and start playing pain free. Keep us posted buddy!

Thanks guys, and Hawk, my wife would tell you I have been going nuts.

I've said it a brazilian times, but I don't know why any of you dudes who experience back pain don't consult an acupuncturist. I'll take Eastern medicine that's been around and working for hundreds of years over someone who will depend on me coming back over and over again.

I really hope you join that club TC. You know I will be making day trips to AshVegas on the weekends. I actually just joined a club myself. More sushi money for me!

I am so glad to hear it Yorkem! I can't wait for you to get out there and start getting better. I also can't wait till I get to grab a round with you again.

We will definitely do it soon buddy. I may be heading to Charlotte for a weekend soon too, so maybe then. Plans aren't set yet, so I don't have dates.

I've said it a brazilian times, but I don't know why any of you dudes who experience back pain don't consult an acupuncturist. I'll take Eastern medicine that's been around and working for hundreds of years over someone who will depend on me coming back over and over again.

Tried it all bro. Accupuncture, chiropractor, muscle relaxers, personal trainers, massage therapy.

QFT. I went though a severe depression recently, and I did some meridian tapping that helped me with it. You body does have an energy flow, but not mythical new age type you are probably thinking about. Your body is like a network and they know meridians to help with all sorts of stuff. If you look on Groupon, they have acupuncture stuff on there for dirt cheap.

We will definitely do it soon buddy. I may be heading to Charlotte for a weekend soon too, so maybe then. Plans aren't set yet, so I don't have dates.

Just let me know bro. Ill PM you my mobile. We can go to my course and I can get you a round for $30.

Just let me know bro. Ill PM you my mobile. We can go to my course and I can get you a round for $30.

We will do it for sure.

Tried it all bro. Accupuncture, chiropractor, muscle relaxers, personal trainers, massage therapy.

Well hopefully this lady does the trick for you, I'd hate to see chunky walking on your back at the turn trying to piece you back together. Back pain is a real mother sometimes.

Well hopefully this lady does the trick for you, I'd hate to see chunky walking on your back at the turn trying to piece you back together. Back pain is a real mother sometimes.

I told her I was going to kidnap her and bring her to Myrtle Beach the last weekend in July. Her response: That doesn't sound so bad.

Happy Endings?????

What the heck is that video about!

Haven't done as much practicing this week. But on a side note, Roscoe is feeling a bit better. So tomorrow I'm going to play a course I haven't played but 1 time when I first started golfing. Which I don't remember it. So it should give me a gage in where I stand. Got a lot of catch up to do!

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Went out to play 18 today but stopped at 9 because it was so bad. It has been rough this past week, but after my round I went out to the range and hod my brother take some video of my swing on the V1 golf app on my phone, and I realized that my swing is too steep right now. It is causing me to come over the top, especially on my driver which is costing me the most strokes right now. I am slicing the crap out of the ball. So tomorrow I will be going out to work on swinging more across my body on the backswing. I am still making good contact with the ball, but can't seem to hit the long irons straight. On a plus note my putting was FANTASTIC! I am really excited about how my putting is going. Not only am I leaving the long putts very close to the hole, I am sinking many more putts within 15 feet. That alone will help knock some strokes off once I get the swing plane back down. I talked to the pro at my course as I was leaving as well and I am going to start working with him a little bit to make sure I don't everthink things and just keep it simple. I am looking forward to working with him.

On a side note, I hit some GREAT shots with my new Callaway Diablo Forged irons tonight, and the extra distance is really giving me confidence. They feel great and I can definitely tell the shaft is better for me than the DG S300 shaft. My fitter did a great job with my fitting.

Good stuff Bradd. I really want a set of DFs

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Back