Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I was very impressed! I went in thinking I wasn't going to be a big fan, but boy was I wrong! This thing is long and forgiving. I hit one off the toe that was bombed and just in the first cut on the right. I hit another one on #8, that had a BIG wind at my back, but that I GPSed and lasered at just over 370! And the best part is I have Oregon Golfer as my witness! haha

All I can say is...bye bye, R11.

Teeth was crushing my 9* Classic 290 stiff all day. I was impressed with his game and length off the tee. I would be surprised if he wasn't gaming a Classic in the next few weeks. Oh and by the way... I LOVE IT TOO! I hit 20 of 28 fairways and had multiple drives around 300. :)

Teeth was crushing my 9* Classic 290 stiff all day. I was impressed with his game and length off the tee. I would be surprised if he wasn't gaming a Classic in the next few weeks. Oh and by the way... I LOVE IT TOO! I hit 20 of 28 fairways and had multiple drives around 300. :)

Update that sig, buddy! I love all the Classic love going on right now.

order up!

Cleveland Classic 310
10.5*
45.5"
Kusala Silver 61g

sweet sugar!

order up!

Cleveland Classic 310
10.5*
45.5"
Kusala Silver 61g

sweet sugar!

Any particular reason you went with the 310?

order up!

Cleveland Classic 310
10.5*
45.5"
Kusala Silver 61g

sweet sugar!

very nice. I would bet the Classic/Silver combo would be great. May need to try that one

Nice, tnolan. Would love to hear your thoughts dude. That's a completely different driver from what I've read and I don't know much about it at all.

A worker at one of the courses I regularly play got a Classic about two weeks after I showed mine to him. He couldn't hit it (a righty), but he fell in love with the look. He ended up getting the 310 with the Kusala Black (along with a Mashie Fairway and hybrid, I might add). The 310's face is smaller, so I'm really looking forward to your feedback, Tyler. The Kusala Silver is a shaft I know very little about.

Any particular reason you went with the 310?

I could be wrong and this could be all in my head, but I have not had good luck with lighter drivers. I just can't get on board with the "lighter is faster" even though science tells me it is. I just don't like it...
Also, I hit the 290 and the 310 and even with different shafts and setup, overall, I was having better generic numbers with the 310.
And I like the 440cc better than 460cc.

Don't make me re-think my order!!! :bulgy-eyes:
j/k...

j/k...

and let the tmexing begin hehe
I think it's going to be a solid driver Ty. Kusala Silver should get the ball up in the air nicely and with a low spin head it should be a great pairing.

I could be wrong and this could be all in my head, but I have not had good luck with lighter drivers. I just can't get on board with the "lighter is faster" even though science tells me it is. I just don't like it...
Also, I hit the 290 and the 310 and even with different shafts and setup, overall, I was having better generic numbers with the 310.
And I like the 440cc better than 460cc.

j/k...
I wouldn't do that. I am just curious. I liked the 290 better, but everyone is different and if the 310 works for you that's awesome. They are very different. Did you think about putting a heavier shaft in the 290?

and let the tmexing begin hehe
I think it's going to be a solid driver Ty. Kusala Silver should get the ball up in the air nicely and with a low spin head it should be a great pairing.

haha. don't worry, i won't be pulling a TMex.
hell, i figure...i've gotten to around a 10 HDCP with stock shafts and no lessons, so with a little bit of research and data, it should pay off!
and i can adapt if necessary.

and if i can't hit it....i'll just paint it white. then i'll be able to hit it. :alien:

I wouldn't do that. I am just curious. I liked the 290 better, but everyone is different and if the 310 works for you that's awesome. They are very different. Did you think about putting a heavier shaft in the 290?

yes. thought about that, but then realized the 440cc head in the 310 and I liked that better.
i'm sure with more time and opportunity, i may have went with something different...but i live in a very "Cleveland Golf deprived area". nobody really carries much Cleveland gear around here and my goto place JUST got in the CG Black driver and the Classic, but just stock shaft options.
so with a little bit of research and a bit of luck...i think it will turn out great.

yes. thought about that, but then realized the 440cc head in the 310 and I liked that better.
i'm sure with more time and opportunity, i may have went with something different...but i live in a very "Cleveland Golf deprived area". nobody really carries much Cleveland gear around here and my goto place JUST got in the CG Black driver and the Classic, but just stock shaft options.
so with a little bit of research and a bit of luck...i think it will turn out great.
Cool. Good luck with it man. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

haha. don't worry, i won't be pulling a TMex.
hell, i figure...i've gotten to around a 10 HDCP with stock shafts and no lessons, so with a little bit of research and data, it should pay off!
and i can adapt if necessary.

and if i can't hit it....i'll just paint it white. then i'll be able to hit it. :alien:

Oh but you already did! You went Tour dude!!! NICE! I would've gone with the 310 probably as well. Well who knows, but I will say this... I love that combo and we may need to hit each others drivers at the MC at some point.

Oh but you already did! You went Tour dude!!! NICE! I would've gone with the 310 probably as well. Well who knows, but I will say this... I love that combo and we may need to hit each others drivers at the MC at some point.

it shall be done...

Tmex approves of tnolan's order. That has to be a good thing.

I'm a fan of 310's. I like all your orders, except I wish someone would've gone DI-6 with me. But hey, if you want sick Miyazakis, who am I to argue?

Wowzers did I ever miss out on a lot this weekend. TC, thanks for the help today, and you know I am going to have to give the beauty you will be gaming a go on the range. I like that we are getting very different equipment from the same sponsor. It shows just how versatile they are and gives us LH's a opportunity to try more options.

You're welcome yorkem. Next time hopefully I won't be as busy (golfing). I like your setup dude.

It has to be a good thing, because Tmex doesn't even approve of his own orders most of the time.

I'm really hoping that the Cleveland Demo Day that I'm going to doesn't get rained out, and has a cool Cleveland rep there that will let me test out different shafts.

Okay, I'm posting this just because all of my other posts in this thread have been gushing love fests with the Classic:

I sliced the HELL out of this driver today. Of course I don't blame the driver for my swing flaws, but my miss with this driver is a slice and today I was really missing badly. With other drivers, my big miss was usually a hook. I had 3 push slices go out of bounds today. My second drive on each of those holes was a thing of beauty, but those penalty drives turned a possible 73 into a 79.

Since I am confident the slices will work themselves out, I am still fully in love with this club. The 18th hole at the course I was playing was 423 yards with an elevated tee, with the wind at my back. You hit over a valley, but about 180 yards from the green the fairway turns uphill again, so your rollout is limited. I hit a high fade that cleared the fairway bunkers and landed in the fairway about 20 yards shy of the 150 marker, and then rolled just inside that marker. First time I ever parred that hole.

Okay, I'm posting this just because all of my other posts in this thread have been gushing love fests with the Classic:

I sliced the HELL out of this driver today. Of course I don't blame the driver for my swing flaws, but my miss with this driver is a slice and today I was really missing badly. With other drivers, my big miss was usually a hook. I had 3 push slices go out of bounds today. My second drive on each of those holes was a thing of beauty, but those penalty drives turned a possible 73 into a 79.

Since I am confident the slices will work themselves out, I am still fully in love with this club. The 18th hole at the course I was playing was 423 yards with an elevated tee, with the wind at my back. You hit over a valley, but about 180 yards from the green the fairway turns uphill again, so your rollout is limited. I hit a high fade that cleared the fairway bunkers and landed in the fairway about 20 yards shy of the 150 marker, and then rolled just inside that marker. First time I ever parred that hole.

I do slice this driver from time to time - it has gone less left than my previous R11 on bad slices, but there is no slice-proof driver out there. I do get discouraged when I hit that slice, however I know it's the player, not the club, that is doing that.

Hmmmm.

44c86e7c-6a29-2400.jpg

uh oh, im sure a few lefties will be in here shortly

Back