Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Same as Grogger. Tons of wild turkeys and deer here in Minnesota.

I saw a good size gator yesterday laying right next to my pink golf ball. I let the gator keep the ball.

Uh oh, interesting predicament come July perhaps? The Cup is riding on if someone is willing to move the gator to get to their ball. Hello drama!

I saw a good size gator yesterday laying right next to my pink golf ball. I let the gator keep the ball.

Gator = 1 GolferGal = 0 haha

320778_2132248706832_1264453995_31790141_1810351156_n.jpg

Saw these squirrles running all over pinehurst last fall. I was told that they are called Fox Squirrles and can be over a foot tall standing up like this one. They are not scared of humans an i think this one was thinking about eating me. This scared me more than any gator we get down here in Miami.

Saw this guy today:

Pretty cool Smalls...at least he didn't seem interested in your golf ball. :D

Saw these squirrles running all over pinehurst last fall. I was told that they are called Fox Squirrles and can be over a foot tall standing up like this one. They are not scared of humans an i think this one was thinking about eating me. This scared me more than any gator we get down here in Miami.
Interesting looking little guy. I'll take that over a gator any day. :D

Sunday we saw some deer in the first fairway, 3 water moccasins in the wetlands between 7 green and 8 tee, a fox on the 12, and 4 cougars. But they were playing ahead of us

Sent from my taco using Tapatalk

Nice snapper! We played a 2 v. 2 best ball match a few Sundays ago and after adding things up after 18 were deadlocked. The ranger said we could hop on #7 for a playoff so we headed down to a par 3 over a small pond. There was a little bit larger than shown above snapping turtle sunbathing on the tee box in the late afternoon sun...

He didn't really care about us one bit....

I was playing 9 holes yesterday after work, and I got a granola bar and gatorade. On the 3rd hole, I'm getting ready to putt, and this big ol' crow jumps into the cart, pulls out the granola bar, and chows down - looking at me the whole time. Ballsy!

Another time, I was playing Compasse Pt just outside Baltimore. I'm getting ready to putt ( for par! ) and we hear some loud bird screeches in the background, but don't really think anything of it. Next thing you know my buddy yells "Duck Big Ball!" An immature Eagle and a Hawk are fighting over a snake in mid air, and just as they fly over my head, no more than a foot or 2, they drop the snake, missing me by inches. On the ground is this headless snake writhing around on the ground. I thought about putting the snake in the cup, but I guess that would be mean. Funniest thing I have ever seen on the golf course, at least wildlife wise! Worst part, I missed the putt!

We were playing a few weeks ago in early evening and ran into two skunks who were on the 8th tee box. I let them play through...

I have run into tons of deer, possum, rabbits, snakes, gators, scorpions, snapping turtles, squirrel, mountain lions, coyotes and Fisher Cats. (that was the worst as they can be very nasty if cornered, which I of course had done)

I was playing 9 holes yesterday after work, and I got a granola bar and gatorade. On the 3rd hole, I'm getting ready to putt, and this big ol' crow jumps into the cart, pulls out the granola bar, and chows down - looking at me the whole time. Ballsy!

Another time, I was playing Compasse Pt just outside Baltimore. I'm getting ready to putt ( for par! ) and we hear some loud bird screeches in the background, but don't really think anything of it. Next thing you know my buddy yells "Duck Big Ball!" An immature Eagle and a Hawk are fighting over a snake in mid air, and just as they fly over my head, no more than a foot or 2, they drop the snake, missing me by inches. On the ground is this headless snake writhing around on the ground. I thought about putting the snake in the cup, but I guess that would be mean. Funniest thing I have ever seen on the golf course, at least wildlife wise! Worst part, I missed the putt!

Awesome! I played Compass Pointe last week. There's that gun range right next to it and i always think maybe they saw some good wildlife!

the bald eagles are nesting at our course and you can hear the hatchlings on #14

We have those squirrels in Florida, and I saw a lot of them at True Blue yesterday too. They are definitely not afraid of people, they will jump right in your cart if you have food.

ad6043de-2c9f-cbda.jpg

Saw this guy the other day.

We have a whole ton of deer and squirrels/rabbits at our course. Last year we had a red fox who made his home in the tree line between 2 holes. Whenever golfers hit a ball in there, it was generally accepted to not go in after it so as not to disturb the fox. It was cool. He used to run out along the fairways and just lay down and watch us play.

RIVERIA MAYA this past feb. this is a little one most are 4-6 ft. all over the place kinda cool but not to be
messed with..
401775829.jpg

Is that a pond of Mountain Dew in your pic 99srxman?? HAHA!!

Seen some interesting creatures in Florida, including a few mean looking 'gators!

This guy looks like he came off second best in a fight (RC Members Club, Sarasota):

gator.jpg

Anybody know what this snake is (Waldorf Astoria GC Orlando):

snake.jpg

Disney Magnolia:

deer.jpg

birdie.jpg

Disney Osprey Ridge (of course!):

eagle1.jpg

aa3.jpg

Tiburon, Naples:

heron.jpg

PGA National, Palm Beach:

bird.jpg

those are some kick butt pics!

We don't really have any interesting wildlife, but we have the normal ducks/groundhogs/red squirrels, but also our ponds have muskrats, beaver, and even an otter. Plus, the first time I'd ever seen a wild turkey was on my course, and they show up occasionally. One unlucky duck just made a nest between our 12th and 18th fairways; it has over 1/2 a dozen eggs, but I can't imagine they'll incubate properly since momma duck flies away any time somebody gets within about 50 feet of her.

I guess I should add deer and red tailed hawks. I'm not sure which animals are this stupid, but something has been chewing on golf balls at one end of the course. The first ball I found had enough bite marks to get through the white covers into the core/mantle, then a few days later on the same hole I found 3 balls, all of which were chewed at least to that extent. Stupid animal (I'm guessing raccoon). I just have this funny picture in my head of the animal sitting on the course, knawing away, and getting more and more frustrated as it doesn't get a gooey treat after all its effort lol. Then it tries the other 'egg'.

I see tons of squirrels and birds. I've seen deer running down the fairway and across tee boxes. Luckily no gators to this point, but a few months ago I watched a huge bird sweep along a water hazard and grab a 10 ft snake right off the water. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Lets see, deer, elk, woodland caribou, ducks, Canadian geese, moose, coyotes, black bear, golden eagles, bald eagles, peregrine falcons, osprey, muskrat and beavers, ring neck pheasant.

Most interesting local rules I have ever seen was at Jasper Park Lodge. Animal tracks in bunkers may be smoothed and the ball replaced without penalty.
Any shot striking wildlife may be replayed without penalty.

The black bear was kind of interesting. It was on the back 9 at Golden, BC. I was golfing with my wife and as I pulled up to the tee box I could see the bear walking across the fairway. My wife jumped out pulled out a club and asked me why I was still in the cart. You should have seen the look on her face when I pointed the bear out.

The tamest deer ever were at Morningstar GC on Vancouver Island. They didn't even move for the carts.

Coolest bird was the Golden Eagle, at the same course. One of them was coming back to the "eagle tree" on the edge of the 2nd fairway. What a massive bird, the front edge of its wings next to its body must have been 6" thick and about a 7' wingspan. It was hunting and flying at about 6' over the 9th fairway and through the cart path headed strait towards us on its way back to the nest.

Lots of chickens and mongoose. Damned mongoose keep running off with and eating my food!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back