SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

For those of you who ordered recently, how long did it take to receive your new toys? I only ordered mine a couple days ago but the suspense is killing me. I usually don't order stuff since I'm such an impulse buyer and need my instant gratification.
I ordered mine tues and got a notice that it shipped today.

There was a short game clinic on saturday given by One-T in Mebane, NC. SCOR was the happy sponsor. Thank you

LOL One T. Do tell!

I cannot draw any comparisons directly between the two shafts, but I will say that controlling trajectory with the SCOR4161 clubs is a breeze. I play the Genius 7 graphite shafts and love them. If I want to launch the ball miles high, I can. Need to keep it down out of the wind... No problem.

Thanks for input. Appreciate it. I'm on the fence between SCOR and Scratch.

My 52 and 57 Scors were delivered on Monday. I have only been swinging them in the house, but the look of these clubs are second to none. So sharp and a simple look - I love it. They feel great, and I can't wait to get them out on the course tomorrow. I am hoping to sneak out during lunch for some short game practice with the 57 today. I will absolutely be back to give a review either tomorrow night or Saturday after I play 36 tomorrow.

If I have any success like those in this thread did, I have a feeling my wedge game will quickly become one of the strongest parts of my game. Having not even hit a ball, I have so much confidence in them for everyone in here doing so well..

I am PUMPED!

Without wading through 137 pages, has anyone went from Vokeys and/or Mizuno to these wedges? Feel, weight, distance, etc My wedges are at the point they need to be replaced, and I love the looks of these wedges and like the feedback that I am getting from this thread. Just wish I could hit them somewhere first though...

Without wading through 137 pages, has anyone went from Vokeys and/or Mizuno to these wedges? Feel, weight, distance, etc My wedges are at the point they need to be replaced, and I love the looks of these wedges and like the feedback that I am getting from this thread. Just wish I could hit them somewhere first though...

Feel is certainly different between them all. The Mizzies are quite a bit softer and the Vokey's are quite a bit harder off the face then the SCOR's. Weight is pretty equal. Distance between the Vokey's and the SCOR's are pretty close with the Mizzie's lagging behind, at least for me.

Thanks Tuna! Wait, I mean Supa Tuna! Think I will be going with a 54 and a 58. I guess with the guarantee I can't go wrong...

I just made the switch from Vokey SM 48,52,56 to Scor 50,55 with Genus 9 shafts and am very happy. The Scors are just easier to hit, and lighter. I have more confidence and find myself practicing my short game more. Definately worth a try, and with their great customer service, you can return them if you don't like them.

Love to see the continuous stream of converts. A guess a great product from a top notch company will lead to that.

So, I was able to get out and play 36 on Friday with my new Scors. I took all my other wedges out, and committed to playing the 52 and 57 exclusively. My results were - inconclusive I would say. I love the turf interaction for sure. The easy-ness of chipping and bunker play is unreal. I feel like I will never hit a fat chip again, or leave a ball in the bunker again, haha. The full game shots were easy to get up, however I did have a few issues all around.

First the short game - I typically get a lot of spin out of my wedges on chips and pitches and such. I don't know if it was the clubs, the ball I was using (Nike Vapor Black), or the greens I was playing on (very hard and fast), but more than likely a combination of all 3 led to inconsistent distance control. Based on everyone's reviews in here, I am not too worried about it being the clubs. I think I need to really spend some time on finding the right balls for my game. I was hitting a lot of chips and pitches that immediately thought were 'money', but ended up 5-10 feet past the hole - just no action whatsoever. I love the distance that I am getting out of some of the 'speed' balls I have tried from Nike, but I am thinking that I need to find a better fit to my overall game.

Full shots - I don't really know how to feel. I hit a lot of shots that just didn't feel good - yet the results were positive. I remember one in particular, the last hole of my first round. I had about 100 in I think (either just over or just under, can't remember if it was 97 or 107, haha). I decided to hit my 57 since basically anything short was bouncing hard and releasing. Immediately after contact, I was disgusted. It sounded wrong, felt wrong, and the ball flight looked terrible - yet I remember my buddy going - what was wrong with that exactly? It ended up about 10 feet short of the pin. I don't know why, but the ball flight and feel was absolute mis-hit - yet the result was great. I had a few of these, so I was just a little confused as to if they were true mis-hits, or did I just have to get used to these type of shots with my new wedges. Still need to figure that out.

I guess all in all I had a lot of positives to take away, and still am optimistic that these are great wedges for me. They really do inspire confidence, and I feel like I will never chunk a shot again. I really get after my irons and take very large divots, so it was refreshing that I didn't fear the chunk from my wedge game. These will eventually be very good wedges for me, I can just feel it - it's just a matter of tweaking a few things I believe.

I really need to get in here and update my thoughts on the SCOR wedges that I currently have in the bag (Cookie's 47*, 52* and 57*). Will try to get my complete thoughts up today, but quick thoughts;
1. I am not a high spin player by any means, but the way these bite when you hit a shot in to the green is amazing.
2. One of my favorite shots to hit with these is the low runner that bounces once or twice and then just stops. Its an addicting shot to hit around the green.
3. These things are long! What I like about that is for a good shot, I dont need to hit a full shot. 3/4 swings give me what I need.
4. The V-sole is as advertised. I have a tendency to chunk a wedge, but find that I do not have the problems when using the SCORs.
5. I want the grips from these on all of my irons, what a great feel.
6. I have found that my 45* PW doesnt get much use, instead I will usually grab the 47*. The way these wedges setup with the J40 DPCs is phenomenal, and it flows right with them.
7. A while back, I took my 60* out of the bag, as I found that everything I needed could be accomplished with my 55*. I have quite enjoyed the 57* SCOR, and really enjoy opening the face up a bit and hitting a flop type shot when I have a bunker or some other hazard I need to get over.

I will update with more in depth thoughts soon, but just wanted to get some quick thoughts up on these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice War Eagle! I have been waiting to see some feedback pop up about these from you in this thread. I will be honest, I miss them. :D

I still get a little chunky at times with non-SCOR wedges (especially on shots within 90 yards). Turf interaction with these is hands down amazing.

I really need to get in here and update my thoughts on the SCOR wedges that I currently have in the bag (Cookie's 47*, 52* and 57*). Will try to get my complete thoughts up today, but quick thoughts;
1. I am not a high spin player by any means, but the way these bite when you hit a shot in to the green is amazing.
2. One of my favorite shots to hit with these is the low runner that bounces once or twice and then just stops. Its an addicting shot to hit around the green.
3. These things are long! What I like about that is for a good shot, I dont need to hit a full shot. 3/4 swings give me what I need.
4. The V-sole is as advertised. I have a tendency to chunk a wedge, but find that I do not have the problems when using the SCORs.
5. I want the grips from these on all of my irons, what a great feel.
6. I have found that my 45* PW doesnt get much use, instead I will usually grab the 47*. The way these wedges setup with the J40 DPCs is phenomenal, and it flows right with them.
7. A while back, I took my 60* out of the bag, as I found that everything I needed could be accomplished with my 55*. I have quite enjoyed the 57* SCOR, and really enjoy opening the face up a bit and hitting a flop type shot when I have a bunker or some other hazard I need to get over.

I will update with more in depth thoughts soon, but just wanted to get some quick thoughts up on these.

Appreciate the thoughts WE. This makes me believe even more that I need to re-evaluate the ball I use. I couldn't get any spin on the ball on Friday. And the fact that every review I read in here speaks to the stopping power of these wedges - makes me believe I need to demo some different balls.

Nice War Eagle! I have been waiting to see some feedback pop up about these from you in this thread. I will be honest, I miss them. :D

I still get a little chunky at times with non-SCOR wedges (especially on shots within 90 yards). Turf interaction with these is hands down amazing.

Once again, I really appreciate you letting me try these out, just a solid set of wedges that flat out perform. Work has been crazy so my time on the course has been limited, but fortunately for me I have two rounds this week then another round on Sunday, so I will have more thoughts to come!

Appreciate the thoughts WE. This makes me believe even more that I need to re-evaluate the ball I use. I couldn't get any spin on the ball on Friday. And the fact that every review I read in here speaks to the stopping power of these wedges - makes me believe I need to demo some different balls.

Maybe I skimmed, but what ball are you playing?

Maybe I skimmed, but what ball are you playing?

I played the Nike Vapor Black. I have been trying to find a good ball for a while now. I love the distance gained with the Nike Vapor Speed and the Vapor Black, but there was just no spin on Friday with with Scors. Thinking it had to be the ball..

I played the Nike Vapor Black. I have been trying to find a good ball for a while now. I love the distance gained with the Nike Vapor Speed and the Vapor Black, but there was just no spin on Friday with with Scors. Thinking it had to be the ball..

Sometimes Berty the ball is going to roll out no matter what ball you use or how you hit it... I seldom have trouble getting a ball to check up, but a couple of the courses I play have firmer greens, and approach shots can be tricky, and are better left short of the pin when possible to allow for some roll out. Granted, most of the issue you have now probably the ball is a big contributing factor, but that's not always the case.

I've been able to play my 52 and 56 a couple times. So far I'm impressed! Full shots are a breeze. Chips are great. I am not experiencing many chunked shots or sculled shots. They are not magical however and I have hit a few bad shots. But, that's me and not the clubs. I kept my 60 mizzy in the bag simply cause I couldn't afford to replace it quite yet. I haven't used it since getting the scors and can't wait to replace it. With my 56 I can open it and flop shots quite well. The 60 should make that even easier when I do purchase it.

I live in Rockville, I play out at Northwest Park every week perhaps we could meet up in the afternoon sometime soon.
I'm off work by 12:30pm almost everyday.

I live in Rockville, I play out at Northwest Park every week perhaps we could meet up in the afternoon sometime soon.

And this is just one of the MANY reasons why THP rocks. Many forums out there, but here, we actually meet with one another.

Ever play Little Bennett Shark? One day I'm going to take a 1/2 day and play that in the afternoon. Never played it before, but it looks intriguing. I'm all the way in Bel Air, and I run a one man store M-F 7:30 - 5, so I don't get over that way much. MikeT has been playing with us as of late also.

Ever play Little Bennett Shark? One day I'm going to take a 1/2 day and play that in the afternoon. Never played it before, but it looks intriguing. I'm all the way in Bel Air, and I run a one man store M-F 7:30 - 5, so I don't get over that way much. MikeT has been playing with us as of late also.

My Brother use to work at Little Bennett. I know it very well and it is great course to play it will test your game out.
Let me know in advance when you can play LB. I'm in a Thursday Evening league right now and have been doing lessons on Tues. afternoons.
Give me a heads up when Mike T and you are heading out in your area and I'll work my way up towards your end of town.
I'll have the SCOR wedges with me for you to try they will not disappoint. Shoot me a PM will be the best way to contact me and or MikeT has my Phone #

So just a couple of quick thoughts now that I've gotten 4 rounds in with the 52 and 57 Scors.

I absolutely love the variety of shots I can hit with these clubs. Full shots, knockdowns, high and low pitches, chips - any type of shot and I feel incredibly confident that I can pull them off. Since I typically hit down on my short game shots, I used to hit a lot of fat chips. These have all but dissapeared with the Scors. I no longer fear the chunk. I am very much enjoying these clubs from that aspect. Especially the high pitch, or even flop shot. Opening up the face, and trusting that bounce off the sole, I can't believe how consistent I was getting the height/distance correct to how I was trying to play the shot. Awesome.

The one concern I have with them is the lack of spin I am able to impart on the ball. Now at first I thought it was just going to take some getting used to. Full disclosure first - I don't really care whether I spin the ball or don't, it's just that I am used to being able to spin it quite a lot with short game shots, and now not spinning it is going to take some getting used to. A lot of my chips and pitches over the last few rounds have been finishing far past the hole - so it is absolutely going to take some adjusting. I even played my last round with a Pro V1, which I used to be able to really spin like crazy, and still was unable to get any action at all - no check, bite, spin... nothing. My concern is that the testers in this thread I thought have either maintained spin on the ball, or picked up some added spin. I am really perplexed as to why this is the case. I guess it will just take some getting used to.

But to be honest that is really the only 'complaint' I have so far with the clubs. They really do perform well, and I am started to build a lot of confidence in them. Once I am able to get used to the spin/or lack thereof, I will love these sticks even more!

Back