SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out SCOR "wedge" sets to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

One-T
adwillingham
Super Tuna
mdbuscher
griff

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the wedges and offer feedback as to how they work for them.

Last edited:
How Friken' cool is this?

Spoiler
SDC10794.jpg

My wife called me when I was on the 4th tee today with my son, to tell me that my Scor Golf test irons had arrived about 15 minutes after I left. So, I rushed through 9 holes with the boy to come home. I have a ton of pictures and some initial thoughts, but I am serving as kitchen biotch this evening and really need to get dinner started.

These clubs are beautiful. I'll be back in a while with my write up and pics.

• Admin
Instead of giving a description of why the pictures cannot get started and possibly not make it appropriate for all, why not just say pictures and initial thoughts coming soon? Or wait to make that your first post...

Guys, lets continue to keep this thread clear until we get full pics and/or videos from a tester so that it is the first couple of posts. Thanks.

Came home to find my SCOR wedges waiting on me. I made some unboxing videos that I will upload tomorrow. The box was paskaged very well but what was inside was awesome. They had some added things in the box, such as a divot tool(genious idea) and a bag tag to keep your distances on it in case you forget. Also, there was a letter saying thank you and explaining why they chose those wedges for you. They had club head covers on them and came with UST Mamiya multi compuond grips. Also, KBS steel shafts. These clubs are very simple looking and quite frankly gorgeous. I got the 57,53,49,45, and 41 lofts. This will take the spot of my 9,PW,AW, and other wedges. I have spent some time swinging them in the living room and they feel great. I also put them next to my eidelon and they are very similar. Here is a spoiler pic til I get my video up in the morning.

aefc9305-f0c4-2268.jpg

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Cant wait to see some more pics and initial thoughts.

Will be following this one close.

Hey, little broski, any way you might be able to take some "at address" pictures? I'd love to see that, especially with the 47* SCOR

Those look sick One-T. I can't wait to see the vid tomorrow.

They are looking interesting already. Cant wait to see more pictures and the videos.

Those look even better than the did on the website. Thanks for making me drool on myself.

Kongfrontation

Those look awesome!!:beauty:

those are some nice looking clubs. it is cool they threw in a few extras in the bag with the clubs.

Thanks for the teaser One-T, those are some sweet looking wedges. Very intrigued by this set up, look forward to your thoughts.

Your welcome guys...TC I will get you a pic at address. There are some address shots in the video as well. I will agree with some of the comments already stated that these look better than on the website. I thought they looked good on the website but these honestly are blowing me away in person. I am dying to hit these clubs.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Cool, can't wait to here your thoughts on these.

One-T, just out of curiosity how about a side by side with the Eidolon wedges just for a comparison sake between their old line and the new one. They are some great looking sticks.

Can't wait for that video One-T. These reviews are gonna be very interesting.

Those look awesome One-T. I love the looks of those wedges. I can't believe they sent you so many wedges. I hope they all work out for you.

I glad they have a better look than you thought but I can't wait to hear how well they work with replacing your 9 and down clubs.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Upon learning that I had been chosen to test the SCOR System, I went to their website www.scorgolf.com and went through their SCORFIT tool. The tool first asks some very basic information such as name, contact information, age range, gender, handicap range, and # of rounds played per month. The tool next asks what I imagine to be the important questions of what Irons You Play With Currently (chosen from a pretty thorough pre-populated list), the Material & Weight of Shaft In Current Irons, the Shaft Flex Of Shaft in Current Irons, and finally your Approximate Carry Distance With Your 9i (exact iron requested is dynamically determined from the above which is the highest lofted iron of 40 degrees or less in your set). With this information entered a quick version of your SCORFIT Recommendation comes up to the right with an option to Get Your SCORFIT.

Screencap1.jpg

Upon clicking “Get Your SCORFIT”, you get your full report and recommendations for a couple different set make-ups as well as the yardages you should expect from each club. In my case, I got options for a 5 club set and a 4 club set. You also get recommendations on the shaft and shaft flex. Finally, you get options to have a SCORFIT Expert Follow Up, Email Your SCORFIT, Print Your SCORFIT, and Build Yours Now.

Screencap2.jpg

When you go online to build your set, you can further customize to your fitted specs – lofts, shaft, shaft flex, shaft length, lie angle, and grip size. This is a very easy interface, and the options are very straight forward.

Screencap3.jpg

We submitted these results and were not told what exactly what was going to arrive. This afternoon, I arrived home to a box from SCORGolf containing four SCOR4161 Scoring Irons. I will say that this was the configuration that I was interested in most as it directly replaces my R11 PW and AW and my xFT 54 and 58 degree wedges.

SCOR Golf Box
1.jpg

The box contained four SCOR4161 Scoring Irons, and an Owner’s Information packet, as well as a couple other goodies.
IMG_1615.jpg

SCORGolf included a bag tag where you can write your SCOR Method clubs and yardages for easy access as well as a nice divot tool which the accompanying letter said we would probably be finding a lot more use for one (since we would be hitting more greens).
IMG_1620.jpg

The accompanying letter also encouraged us to go online and download an “Owner’s Manual” and a free e-book entitled “The SCOR Method – A Simple Way To Add Precision To Your Scoring.” For the sake of completeness, the letter stated that these were available starting on 7/25/2011, but using the provided links, I was unable to find these documents available on the website for download. I have sent in an email to SCORGolf asking about these.

Carrying on, one other interesting touch was the fact that each club was enclosed in an iron cover.
IMG_1623.jpg

As you could see in my SCORFit screenshots, I was fitted for the Genius 12 KBS Steel Shafts in a firm flex. Per the website, here is the accompanying description: “GENIUS 12 is a standard weight steel shaft (120 grams) co-engineered with Kim Braley of KBS® shafts to produce optimum trajectories and feel for golfers who prefer the weight and feel of steel. The design offers a softer mid-section to ensure feel for the softer "touch shots", while the firmer tip ensures optimum trajectories on full swing shots. The multi-flex feature allows flexes in the Firm+ to Regular range to be produced by altering the tipping amount.” Being a recent convert to the consistency of KBS shafts, this seems to be a great fit for me, and I look forward to seeing the trajectory these offer.
IMG_1625.jpg

One of the custom features of these clubs is the SCORGrip. These beautiful red/black UST Mamiya grips have a light cord in the top hand and a dual compound in the lower section. The technology in the grip design is that there are patterns about an inch apart so that normal and gripped down thumb placement can be repeatable. This is apparently a major portion of the SCOR Method in order to get consistant distances out of multiple hand placements on a single club.
IMG_1626.jpg

The pictures and thoughts will come a bit faster now I swear. Here are the four clubs, fully clothed.
IMG_1627.jpg

Without the headcovers, these are left to right the 45 deg, 50 deg, 55 deg, and 60 deg.
IMG_1629.jpg

The hosel has stamping indicating these are Tru-Form Forged. Per the SCORGolf website, here is the description of the manufacturing process: “Long the preferred material for premium irons and wedges, SCOR4161 heads are cast of soft and malleable 8620 carbon steel. But in a market-exclusive process, each head is then super-heated to 1,000+ degrees and compressed with an 800-ton forging hammer, which re-aligns the metal molecules to create an unmatched feel. The end product is much more similar to a true forged head in feel and malleability than to any casting on the market.”
IMG_3702.jpg

The back of the club has very straight-forward markings: “SCOR” and “4161”. The sole shows the loft and the label “V-Sole”.
IMG_3706.jpg

This is the best picture I could get to show the V-Sole…a feature I am very excited to try. Again, I’ll let the SCORGolf website say this best: “This unique technology has earned a reputation for being the most versatile and forgiving sole in the business. V-SOLE handles any lie on any course...for any golfer. Incorporating both a high and low bounce angle into the sole of each model ensures that the golfer has exactly the sole characteristics needed for any shot. Rather than make the choice between dozens of confusing loft/bounce options – and being wrong at least some of the time – V-SOLE handles every lie with ease and gives the golfer the equivalent of 2-3 wedges in each one.”
IMG_3707.jpg

Here is a photo of the face. Very clean, dual finish.
IMG_3704.jpg

Finally, a poorly aligned photo of what the club looks like addressing a ball.
IMG_3716.jpg

I am going to get these out to the range in the next day or two to start my actual testing, but I would like to take an opportunity to thank SCORGolf for allowing us to test these clubs. I find the concept of having forged, blade like scoring irons very intriguing instead of the traditional set make-up. I look forward to seeing how the V-Soles work and if it in fact allows for one club to act like several different bounce configurations.

Boy those look good, I cant wait to hear some on course reviews of how they perform.

Great Pics AD, very good looking clubs

I think that including covers for these is the smartest thing I have ever seen a company do. The wedges look great cant wait to hear about the V-Sole.

Wow, i am highly impressed. They really went above and beyond for you guys! The idea for a bag tag to put your distances on is pretty smart as well. Love the marketing drive behind adding a divot tool because they are confident that with their product, you will be hitting more greens!

Great stuff so far guys! Looking forward to much, much more.

Back