Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
holed one yesterday from a fairway bunker, 48 yards out with a gap wedge. One of my top 3 best shots ever...

I had two nice shots yesterday, first was in between 3 trees off the right side of the fairway about 160y out. Hit a punch 7i between the trees and rolled it up onto the green about 6 ft from the pin. I was pretty stoked. The second was again in the rough on the right side about 65y out. Hit my 60*, thought I holed it out cause it hit low on the pin, got up there and it was about 5 inches from the hole. Unfortunately those were the only highlights of my round yesterday. I had a horrible front 9 and salvaged the day with a decent back 9.

I hit a 7 iron for my 3rd on a par 5 from about 175 to about 6 feet. Customarily missed the putt.

185 yard straight uphill par 3, I hit a 4 hybrid that was on a string at the flag and I thought I may have jarred it as you can't see the bottom of the flag stick from the tee box. I get to the green and it is a foot and a half away for an easy bird.

Thats awesome breezey! But that sucks!
185 yard straight uphill par 3, I hit a 4 hybrid that was on a string at the flag and I thought I may have jarred it as you can't see the bottom of the flag stick from the tee box. I get to the green and it is a foot and a half away for an easy bird.

Had two bad shots on a par 5. #rd shot was 200 out, used the 3H and landed on green 8 feet from hole. Missed birdie but saved Par in my book!

after a great drive leaving me a 9i in
i stuffed it to 2ft... but since the greens were punched... i missed the birdie putt :sad:

Two back to back shots today;
249 yard Mashie 3W from the tee, dead down the pipe. 96 yards left to the pin and stuck a 52* wedge about a foot for a tap-in birdie.

Had a 292 par 4 (I know...short par 4), missed a hole in one due to the previous group not fully replacing the flag. It was leaning forward and apparently (according to two guys at the tee box next to this green) my tee shot hit, rolled up and would have dropped, but instead I had a 3 inch putt for my first ever eagle.

My massive drive at number 11, around 290meters. My longest drive by far. Hail the G20!

#2 - 345yd par 4: Hit a sweet 290 yd drive to the front center of the fairway.

#15 - 135yd par 3: full PW straight at the stick, landed 3 ft in front of the pin but backspin pulled it back for an 8 foot birdie putt. Just missed, tapped in for my first par of the season.

No great shots today, but from 235 out on hole 9 today (par 5), I hit the F3 and just when it looked like it might scoot up onto the right side of the green (which is guarded in the front by a bunker and on the right side by a bunker - small 7-8 yard gap between them) it just tapped the edge of the berm of the front one on the right edge of it and stopped in the opening between the bunkers. Beauty of a shot though.

I had some driver troubles today...but played the par 4 (405 yards) 16th at Verandah Club - Old Orange Course well. I hit my best drive of the day right down the gut about 290 straight into a head wind (Kudos to the Bridgestone B330). Hit gap wedge (because of the wind) to about 15 feet. Missed the birdie. Par is never a bad score. (shot 81 with a 37 on the back nine; front nine was ugly...freakin' driver)

It didn't result in good score, but it was definitely the most interesting shot I've ever hit. I've got about 70 yards left to the flag on a par 4. I take a SW and give a 3/4 swing. The ball launches high and lands directly (and I do mean directly) on top of the flagstick. The ball bounces up and lands just off the green. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before and probably won't see it again.

left rough with a tree and branches with lots of leaves in the way
about 120-130 out
i set up to hook it around the tree but straight pulled it instead
all i hear was a whole lot of leaves and i was waiting for the ball to drop right out of the tree
instead i hear a thud on the left side of the green
unbelievable gir lol

My best shot of my round came after my worst shot. I sliced my drive into the woods on a par 4. I had about 175ish to the green but there were two huge trees about 20-30 yards in front of me with branches hanging about 10-12 feet in the air. So i took out my 3 iron to hit a low punch shot that would hopefully run up close to the green. I hit it perfect! The ball went no higher than 8-10 feet and split the trees rolled up onto the green and slammed into the pin! The ball shot about 15 ft to the left and I two putted for the best par of my round.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

184 yard par 3 with pin tucked back left and hit a draw with a 6 iron to about 15 feet. Missed the putt of course but that was one of the two greens I hit today(the other was a chip on to a short par 4). Walked away with a par which felt like a birdie today.

170 yards out, big tree in the way. 6 iron, nice draw, stops on a dime to put me 8 ft out for birdie. Missed by 2 inches though.

last tee shot of the day went straight... sad to say it was my best shot

Par 5, 20 yard chip over a bunker to a foot for the only birdie of the day.

I seemed to fix my driver woes from yesterday...I had two best shots of the day: I played in a scramble today for a very worthy children's charity. The longest drive contest was on the 415 yard Par four 11th hole at Fiddlesticks Country Club. Tight driving hole with OB left and water guarding right. I stripe a drive down the middle around the 300 mark and won longest drive. Played the 167 yard Par 3 15th hole. $10,000 for a hole in one. I hit 7 iron to within a foot; at least we made the birdie :)

Hit the pin from 180 with a 7 iron. Been a long time since I hit a pin from that far out, was pretty exciting.

Made the 8 footer for bird, too.

Hard to choose between these two because they both involved shot-making skills which normally isn't my forte but they both led to par saves. From 175 out I had to hit a 4Hybrid fade around a tree only 15 yards in front of me- landed on front fringe. From 40 yards in the trees had to hit 5 hybrid punch shot (to keep it low) to about 8 feet.

Holed out from 80 yards to save par on a long par 5. Hit the shot and immediately thought I'd hit it too hard but it landed short of the pin. Then I thought that looks good, going to be an easy tap in for bogey not a bad recovery. Then it just kept rolling and curved. Stopped on the edge of the cup for a second and then fell in. I was jumping around like I'd just got an eagle or something.

Hit a fairway bunker on a drive, hit 2nd shot to a grrenside bunker.. Got it out of the bunker within 4 ft of the cup. Made the putt for a sand save. I dunno which one was a better shot. The sand or the par putt. That was probably the highlight of a bad round yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back