Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I made my very first EAGLE ever on a Par 5. I hit my driver a little right but OK. I had 250 to the green and hit a 3 wood that was going right at the hole. It bounced 20 feet before the green and rolled up to about 13 ft. from the pin. I sank the putt for a solid 3 on a Par 5. The course was rough today because of a stiff wind. It was blowing right to left.

It was a great feeling. That's why we play this game. It's those great shots that keep us coming back... :act-up:

It was cool that TripleBogeyTim was there to witness it.

Congrats Steele! That is awesome man.

Hit two par 3 tee shots within 5 feet of the respective holes today -- and sank both birdie putts. Missed the green on the other par 3s and made bogeys.

Played nine tonight at Old Atlanta. Dunked my tee shot on hole #5, hit a 3w from drop zone to put ball about 85 yds from hole and then stuck my 8i to about 6"

447210d3-a72c-c419.jpg

to save my par. Felt like an eagle as I would've felt like a bandit with a double!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit the pin from like 60 yards away. Tap-in par.

I hit the pin from like 60 yards away. Tap-in par.

I hit the pin from 75 yards away....but the ball bounced hard and almost rolled off the green, so it doesn't make my shot of the day.

First shot with the new driver. Set up for my normal slice, about 20 (okay, 40 :p) yards right, and hit a bomb dead at the tree where I was aiming. Nice!
But the real 'best shot' came on the 3rd, a short par 4 guarded by bunkers, and I drove it onto the fringe from the tourney tees. ;)

Played nine tonight at Old Atlanta. Dunked my tee shot on hole #5, hit a 3w from drop zone to put ball about 85 yds from hole and then stuck my 8i to about 6"

447210d3-a72c-c419.jpg

to save my par. Felt like an eagle as I would've felt like a bandit with a double!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great looking shot with an 8i. My 8i wasn't looking that good today :banghead: ..... Good Job .:D

#18th hole par 3 at echo falls. playing 145-150 to the pin. wind was quartering left to right and back at me about 2 clubs. Oh, and it was raining hard. 8i to about 30 feet. I hit the island green on the first try, which basically made my round.

The 8th par 5 hole at my course a 310 yard drive on a dog leg left hole and a 250 yard 5 wood bounced right to the center of the green, 2 putt uphill for bird Though:confused2: but hey it worked

At Dundonald Links, a par 4 with a diagonal green. Driver to right side of fairway. It was a rough day, 2-3 clubs of wind a and light horizontal rain. The shot to the green was against the wind which came a little bit from the right. 180 yards to the middle of green. The green was a big diagonal from right to left and more deep than wide. I thought a punched 4i against the wind aiming 10 yards to the right of the green should do it. I performed it exactly as I wanted. The ball started to the right, the wind pushed it back on track landing at the front of the green and rolled all the way to the back of the green where the flag was. Even though I missed the ten footer for birdie I really gained in confidence - I could play in windy conditions.

i tagged a ball with a 4h from 200 out and it was the prettiest shot i had all day... missed the green long and left but man it was a pure shot

The driver has been solid lately, but my second shot from 50 yards on 17 was king. Over the flag and stuck to three feet, Ill take it, lol.

The five iron off the tee on 16, a par 3 that measured 191 with the laser, today was my best swing and contact of the day. It looked from the tee like it went into the hole but turns out it hit 6 inches from the hole and rolled to disappear in a little dip. The guys were already looking forward to the beer after the round until we got close enough to see the ball wasn't in the hole.

i tagged a ball with a 4h from 200 out and it was the prettiest shot i had all day... missed the green long and left but man it was a pure shot

Yeah, them "tour quality" strikes usually end up long, huh?!?! Aggravates me every time.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

On 17th par 4, was out just off fairway 190 yds. Hit a fading low 3h to 20 ft past the pin. 2 putt par.

Had two today...one was a 6i, into a 15 mph wind, on a 150yd par 3. Even if I should have pulled a 7i, I hit a mid-high looping fade right at the flag. Should have taken a pic of where it landed...about 4 inches right of the cup. It rolled out to the back of the green and I two putted for par from there. The other was an 18 foot downhill, bending putt for a par save that I put right into the center.

The 8th I hit 7 iron from 158 to 2 ft and the ninth I hit sw from a 100 to about 3 ft. My best shot I thing was a 4 iron from 210 on a par 3 with a peninsula type green. Pin was on the left and the only safe shot was way left, I ended up about 15 ft right of the hole and 2 putted.

I am not usually one to talk about my shots but I had a great putt today. I was on the complete opposite side of the green as the flag, putted it up a level and it curled around into the hole. I couldn't even see the hole from where I was once the flag was pulled after I putted, it was a good 40 feet. I made up for it though by three putting everything else. :act-up:

Stuck a 7-iron to 4 feet from 148 yards out. Had some great bombs with the SuperTri too.

Sorry for the huge image! Really wanted to show the hole.

In my second round (yesterday) I came to the 17th (pictured) and figured I needed to finish par-par to make the cut (a par and a bogey would've sufficed, but who knew?). Played 201 yards, into a two-club wind and the pin about 2 yards to the right of where it is in the image. I pictured the perfect shot - choked down 3-iron, low projectile with a 2-yard draw that rises towards the end, bounces 10 yards in and runs up on the right-to-left slope towards the pin. In the end, I played it exactly as I pictured it - probably the best shot I've hit all my life. Stuck it to 3 feet, pin high. One of the few birdies there that day (156 players in the field).

y4x5693pga7.jpg

"Chutted" one in from 30 yards. One of the best putts of my life.

Amazing photo there Pete!!

Got 2 shots from today I want to highlight:

105 yards left into a par 4 with a 50* wedge, left it 2 feet right of the pin for the tap in birdie.

163 yards left into a par 4 with a 6 iron into the wind. Hit a great low flighted shot that hit the front of the green and kept on releasing all the way back to the hole in the back. Ended up 18 inches away for another tap in birdie.

I hit a pitch from the rough left of a green to like 3 inches. Tap-in par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back