Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

You have me thinking Hawk...That is a bad thing. Im going to take these out again next week if I get to the range. Im curious to see if I just work with the 5 and 6 iron how it goes for me.

For me, it would be a pretty seamless transition from the V2's to these. I think they'll be a little more forgiving, because the cavity is larger, especially in longer irons. Since I'm having them bent, I should be able to get a few extra yards too. I'm pumped to hear from our Tour Rep.

I think a lot of it depends on what your preferences are, what you're used to, etc. I think anybody in the MC would be fine with them, assuming they had the right shaft.

Man Hawk those are classic! Combo set would be amazing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

For me, it would be a pretty seamless transition from the V2's to these. I think they'll be a little more forgiving, because the cavity is larger, especially in longer irons. Since I'm having them bent, I should be able to get a few extra yards too. I'm pumped to hear from our Tour Rep.

I think a lot of it depends on what your preferences are, what you're used to, etc. I think anybody in the MC would be fine with them, assuming they had the right shaft.

That is just it for me. I dont really have a preference. I have never even thought about top line personally, and just kind of work with what I have. I love the looks of these and find them to be some of the best looking and classically designed on the market. Im in full thinking now and not sure where it will take me.

That is just it for me. I dont really have a preference. I have never even thought about top line personally, and just kind of work with what I have. I love the looks of these and find them to be some of the best looking and classically designed on the market. Im in full thinking now and not sure where it will take me.

The nice thing is you have three really solid options available, whatever you choose.

The nice thing is you have three really solid options available, whatever you choose.

I know, it makes things very hard to choose though. I might do a little shafting test on a few spare irons I have and put the same shaft in all 3 for 1 iron and see how it comes out.

Great pics Hawk and some great thoughts as well. I don't think you can go wrong with the CB's or the MB's and they are both great looking.

I know, it makes things very hard to choose though. I might do a little shafting test on a few spare irons I have and put the same shaft in all 3 for 1 iron and see how it comes out.

That's the only thing that was a little disappointing. I really wanted to try out some shaft options, but I do feel like I know what I want to do more now than I did yesterday. I'd really like a round or two with a CB/KBS pairing.

That's the only thing that was a little disappointing. I really wanted to try out some shaft options, but I do feel like I know what I want to do more now than I did yesterday. I'd really like a round or two with a CB/KBS pairing.

Let me see what I can do for that at the outing. I cant promise of course, but I might have a few with KBS Tours in them.

Hawk do you think that you can finalize the shaft options with other irons?

Great info Hawk! Nice comparison pics.

Let me see what I can do for that at the outing. I cant promise of course, but I might have a few with KBS Tours in them.

That would be awesome if you could. I know you're busy with preparations, but I'd definitely appreciate it a ton.

Hawk do you think that you can finalize the shaft options with other irons?

Depends on the iron. The V2's and CB's were virtually the same for me in terms of distance and ball flight, so I could do some experimenting there if I really wanted. I'm not so sure if the CG16 Tour is a good comparison though. I don't think it's that different though.

I suppose I could also hit War Eagle's V2 with KBS stiff if he brought them.

What I meant was find a fitting cart for another OEM and just see the differences with those irons

What I meant was find a fitting cart for another OEM and just see the differences with those irons

Ahhh, that makes sense lol. I might just do that if I can. We have a PING cart at the club. Also, Demo Day should give me some irons to experiment with. I hit the X-Forged with the PX yesterday and didn't love them like I remembered loving them a few months ago.

Great pics and info Hawk, the CB and MB are just dead sexy.

Hawk if you found out the head weight of the 588, couldn't you try and find a Muzuno shaft optimizer and use a head of similar detentions and weight?

Hawk if you found out the head weight of the 588, couldn't you try and find a Muzuno shaft optimizer and use a head of similar detentions and weight?

Sadly, I don't have one available here. I'd honestly be just fine with the S300's, but the KBS are really smooth and a little more launch probably wouldn't hurt after I bend them stronger. I'll probably just end up making an educated guess unless something unexpected happens. I'd be fine with that.

Sadly, I don't have one available here. I'd honestly be just fine with the S300's, but the KBS are really smooth and a little more launch probably wouldn't hurt after I bend them stronger. I'll probably just end up making an educated guess unless something unexpected happens. I'd be fine with that.
THats what I did with the Xforged Hawk. I liked the ball flight I got with the S300 and then based off what the shaft optimizer said and some guys on THP, I made an educated guess that the KBS Tour would be for me.

Thanks hawk, great to hear how these reacted for you outside. Especially like the forgiveness across the face, the flight kind of is surprising. Was expecting a little lower out of the s300 when combined with the head, guess that shows how versatile these really are. Hopefully there will be options at demo day for us to tinker with.

--
Tapatalk2

Dang Hawk! I'm so glad you got to hit these irons. Thanks for the pictures and for sharing your thoughts on them. The fact that the combo option could be ordered in any configuration makes me thinking about some serious options dude. Maybe a 5 - 8 CB and 9 & PW MB?

Dang Hawk! I'm so glad you got to hit these irons. Thanks for the pictures and for sharing your thoughts on them. The fact that the combo option could be ordered in any configuration makes me thinking about some serious options dude. Maybe a 5 - 8 CB and 9 & PW MB?

That very thought has gone through my mind many times.

Posted via taptalk

I'm just stoked you got to hit them buddy. Sounds like it was an awesome day.

It was! I think you end up loving them dude. They were very similar to the V2's, but just a little more refined. Love the progressive cavity.

Posted via taptalk

Nice pics Hawkman. I wish Cleveland would do a demo day in Nevada....they have 0 listed for anywhere here. About 1,000 scheduled in California. :banghead:

Those irons keep looking better and better.

It was! I think you end up loving them dude. They were very similar to the V2's, but just a little more refined. Love the progressive cavity.

Posted via taptalk

What did I say, Hawk? The 6i in the MB wasn't a very daunting club to hit, was it?

Maybe not something you'd throw in the bag...but definitely easier than you'd think!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back