Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a choke. Only wish I could have seen it. I love it.

Kobe is pissed, as he should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a steal. OKC taking that game from LA. My goodness.

Heat win BIG tonight....................I hope. :confused2:

The Heat look like 4th graders right now. Nobody can make a shot and they are playing horrid defense.

Oh, and as usual, coach Spolestra hasn't done anything of use to stop it.

The Heat look like 4th graders right now. Nobody can make a shot and they are playing horrid defense.

Oh, and as usual, coach Spolestra hasn't done anything of use to stop it.

A coach can't make his two best players make their shots. LeBron and Wade have choked tonight (Wade all night and LeBron in the 2nd half), no play will fix that, even from the greatest coach in the world.

A coach can't make his two best players make their shots. LeBron and Wade have choked tonight (Wade all night and LeBron in the 2nd half), no play will fix that, even from the greatest coach in the world.

I know. But their defense is horrendous. It's a joke. I will never understand Spolestra's defensive strategy. Unless he changes it.

Haha Heat, you can't BUY championships it seems! OKC vs Spurs is going to be the real Finals.

I think it's hilarious that the heat series isn't over yet, but they are already talking about how they should blow this team up at the end of the year. They did get to the finals last year!!!

I think it's hilarious that the heat series isn't over yet, but they are already talking about how they should blow this team up at the end of the year. They did get to the finals last year!!!

But to this team, just getting to the Finals is not good enough... They expected to win multiple championships with this build. I think last year they got a pass just because it was their first year together, but if they don't make it this year, that would make it a lot worse.

Yeah, the Heat look like a super team that isn't really that super. And I'm telling you, I don't really like the Spurs, but they look like the super team.

Im a fan of the Heat but I never bought into this idea of a Championship this year with that supporting cast. When you have teams in the NBA like the Spurs, OKC, Chicago and Pacers that have scorers coming off the bench, and the Heat have Norris Cole? The series is not over yet, but it was disturbing to see a vet like D-Wade lose it the way he did.

I cant stand the idea of a Spurs vs. Pacers finals.............

I don't watch much NBA but a Spurs/Pacers finals would be awful in the ratings. As a basketball fan, it would be a great series as I believe both teams are the most fundamental in the league.

I think the best series will be the Spurs/Thunder. The old guard vs. the new. I like the Pacers though. They just play hard and get it done.

spurs are not getting past OKC there too young and way too fast for the spurs

I'm an OKC guy (obviously) but I honestly think the Spurs will take the Thunder in 7. I really do. SA plays SOLID all around basketball.

true very true and the spurs look unstoppable this year think OKC can pull it out

The Spurs have experience on their side and apparently Tim Duncan has found the fountain of youth. I dont see anyone beating the Spurs, but OKC will push them to 6 or 7 games. I just dont trust Russell Westbrook.

Who on the Spurs can defend Kevin Durant though? If OKC can dictate the pace, I don't think the Spurs can hang with them. I also am not a Manu fan at all. Why don't teams make him go right?

Do you even watch the Spurs? Too fast? All I see is Westbrook running around trying create shots for himself. Too young? The average age of the Spurs is 27, didn't realize that was too old in the NBA.

Who on the Spurs can defend Kevin Durant though? If OKC can dictate the pace, I don't think the Spurs can hang with them. I also am not a Manu fan at all. Why don't teams make him go right?

Manu can go right or left...

No one can stop Durant, but Spurs can slow him down, and force him to make passes to Hardin/Westbrook. And that's how Spurs win. By Forcing OKC to produce offense through Westbrook, who'll gladly jack up as many shots as he can. With Westbrook controlling offense, they won't win the series.

Thats a good question, I dont think anyone in the league can hold KD. But something about Westbrook having the green light to jack up as many shots as KD bothers me. I dont know if thats a formula for a championship, especially against a veteran team and possibly the best coach in the NBA. But it'll be fun to watch............

Thats a good question, I dont think anyone in the league can hold KD. But something about Westbrook having the green light to jack up as many shots as KD bothers me. I dont know if thats a formula for a championship, especially against a veteran team and possibly the best coach in the NBA. But it'll be fun to watch............

Did you just quote yourself? haha... But I agree with you.

You guys bring up good points. Should be an interesting series to watch. I bet Perkins bangs the crap out of Timmy when they play. Try to get physical with the old man, LOL

I love that everyone knocks on Westbrook because he isn't the historically prototype PG. Cracks me up.

I love that everyone knocks on Westbrook because he isn't the historically prototype PG. Cracks me up.

I like Westbrook alot, he's supremely talented and exciting to watch. Im just not sure if I want him as my floor general. But the PG position is evolving with guys like him and Derrick Rose, so these guys could be the future and guys like me who grew up watching Magic, and Isiah need to get used to.

I like Westbrook alot, he's supremely talented and exciting to watch. Im just not sure if I want him as my floor general. But the PG position is evolving with guys like him and Derrick Rose, so these guys could be the future and guys like me who grew up watching Magic, and Isiah need to get used to.

I don't think you need to get used to it. I think PGs like Rondo and CP3 that create scoring opps for other players are what more teams need. There's a reason there are 5 positions on each team. Westbrook is talented, but a terrible point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back