What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 90 today 49 out 41 in. Played in some pretty strong winds. Putter was seriously hot today saved my behind big time. We were playing stableford, I was the winner with 33 points and am now cut down to 14 HC. Pumded that my Morgan Cup prep work is paying off

just got back from shooting an 84. TWO doubles on par 3's just absolutely killed me missing 3 birdies from 8ft or so range didnt help either. overall pretty happy except for the two par 3's

37 / 37 - 74

9/14 Fairways
9/18 GIR
28 Putts

Beautiful morning for golf - in the 60's with some breeze, and 0800 shotgun start off the #1 tee. I fatted my approach to #1 and bogeyed, then scrambled a couple of pars. Then a little thought and on the fourth tee I deciphered the code to my swing problems - I realized I was reaching back too fully on my backswing, something I occasionally get into. I stepped onto the par 3 tee with my 7I and slightly shortened the backswing and VOILA - a bullet at the pin, and I was on my way. I finally got that bogey back with a birdie at the 8th, but misclubbed into #9 and bunkered and bogeyed for +1 37. On the back I had one misstep when I put 3W deep in the trees on our #11; but I recovered out to just in front of the green, and should have saved par but didn't. The other 8 were all pars, with 3 straight tough par saving putts the last 3 holes. The putter was great today, but I just didn't give it the chances to shine.

One other note - I had my shank for the year on the 16th; I was just 12 yards out in front of the par 5 green in two, pitching maybe a 30 yarder on, when I hoseled the heck out of it. It got on the green, but it was on the wrong side of the back tier front and I did well to putt that birdie try to 10 feet, but I holed the par to cover my error. I generally have one shank per year, always on a mid-length wedge pitch, so now I should have 2012 covered!

39-39 for 78, was driving the ball great but my short irons and flat stick let me down today. My bunker play was amazing though.

I shot 42 (+7) / 43 (+7) for an 85 (+14) in our medal today. I played much better than then score suggests. I was +8 for 2 holes and had 38 putts :at-wits-end: I hit 11 GIR, which is pretty good for me, had 2 birdies and still managed to play these 11 holes in +2!!
Going to change to my old Ping putter for tomorrow's round to see if I can find something on the greens.

First round was a 92, second round was an 81. Hit 7 fwys and 4 greens in the second round. It was also my all time PR!

Shot a 90 today 49 out 41 in. Played in some pretty strong winds. Putter was seriously hot today saved my behind big time. We were playing stableford, I was the winner with 33 points and am now cut down to 14 HC. Pumded that my Morgan Cup prep work is paying off

33 points, outstanding! I would be interested in how those are calculated. I suppose handicap is considered somehow?

just got back from shooting an 84. TWO doubles on par 3's just absolutely killed me missing 3 birdies from 8ft or so range didnt help either. overall pretty happy except for the two par 3's

I feel your pain, two doubles on par threes for me today as well after two birdies on them yesterday.

73. So close. I will break par this year.

73 is strong, par 72 course??? Only two shots from breaking par?

37 / 37 - 74

One other note - I had my shank for the year on the 16th; I was just 12 yards out in front of the par 5 green in two, pitching maybe a 30 yarder on, when I hoseled the heck out of it. It got on the green, but it was on the wrong side of the back tier front and I did well to putt that birdie try to 10 feet, but I holed the par to cover my error. I generally have one shank per year, always on a mid-length wedge pitch, so now I should have 2012 covered!

One per year? I thought those things run in packs and are contagious. When I have one, I have several and the shanks always hit when I'm striking the ball really well. Good round with that 74.

39-39 for 78, was driving the ball great but my short irons and flat stick let me down today. My bunker play was amazing though.

Good round, funny how it always comes down to that "flat stick".

I shot 42 (+7) / 43 (+7) for an 85 (+14) in our medal today. I played much better than then score suggests. I was +8 for 2 holes and had 38 putts :at-wits-end: I hit 11 GIR, which is pretty good for me, had 2 birdies and still managed to play these 11 holes in +2!!
Going to change to my old Ping putter for tomorrow's round to see if I can find something on the greens.

Man, you really must have struck the ball well with two blow-up holes and 38 putts. Good score none-the-less.

For myself today, putted pretty well for a change but didn't make many, the greens were evil with very devious pin placements! Everyone was having a tough time reading the greens. 79 (38, 41) and most of the over par shots were putts.

First round was a 92, second round was an 81. Hit 7 fwys and 4 greens in the second round. It was also my all time PR!

Good job, congrats on the PR.

Thanks a lot man!

Technically I shot a 78 once, but the course was so short I don't count it.

I'll take that 78 anytime, short or long course it counts in my book!

Shot an 83 today. Should have been lower. I must have lipped out 4 birdie putts aside from the 3 I made.

I'll take that 78 anytime, short or long course it counts in my book!

Put it this way: 18 holes - 5 par 3s = 13 holes. 13 holes = 2 reachable in two par 5s = 11 par 4s. Out of those 11 par 4s, six are easily reachable with my 3 wood from the tee and two more with the driver. 3 I actually need two shots to reach. When I hit 10 greens (incl. par 3s) from the tee good things happen. One hole was not a GIR. Only reason I didn't shoot par or better was that the greens were so slow I couldn't make anything cause I'm used to very fast greens.

6600 yards
42/38
3 doubles (holes 2,3,4)
2 bogies
13 pars

79 on the New Course this morning, 85 on the North/South course this afternoon.

Sent from Tapatalk

73. So close. I will break par this year.

Damn kids, lol.

I started out still in a slump for a strange 46 front, but reeled it together for a back 9 40. The driver is suddenly giving me fits, chipping is all over the place, but putting seemed solid, just leaving a bunch on the lip. It's time to get aggressive and firm a few in.

87 on new and a 88 on the north south.

Tapin for bird

Another pretty windy day...winds 20-25mph most of the day with some 30 mph gusts.

Hit 11/13 Fairways
7 GIR
31 Putts with NO 3 putts....yeah!!
2 sand saves

41/43 for an 84....I will take that in that wind anyday.

Very bad, stopped keeping score after a while. most likely above 100

Very bad, stopped keeping score after a while. most likely above 100

Its a game of frustrations for sure at times! WELCOME TO THP!

84. God I suck. I need to practice or something.

Kevin

+7/+10 89
really really windy... like ridiculous windy
like i hit an 8i 180 and flew over the green way way past the green windy
it was impossible picking clubs today
i just hoped to get as close to the green as possible so i can get a putter on the ball
im surprised i broke 90 lol

Posted a nice little 60 in the scramble today, we were still in first when we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back