What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am driving the ball better, but my pitching/chipping was awful today. Putting was okay, but still lack any kind of distance with my irons. Slice is slowly slowly going away.

Horrible day. I was all excited about a recent lesson I thought had fixed my push. Well, I only had a couple pushes all day, but I hooked all of my drives, I was hitting the ground about 2 inched behind the ball all day with my 3-wood, and I chunked a lot of wedge shots. Ended up with an 87. Finished last year at an 8.5 handicap and now at my new club with the scores I have posted since they started entering them at the beginning of May I will soon be back to about a 13. Talk about a big confidence boost!

88, and I only had 28 putts....FML. I hit SOOOOOO many approach shots fat it was ridiculous. Overall I was happy, putted and drove the ball VERY well, just sucked arse at everything else.

Shot a 92 at a nice new course. Did not play that well as I struggled on second shots. Did have lots of positives and I am getting my legs faster for the year. I love reading this thread, it's gets me motivated.

86, Two Man Best Ball Tournament...with a triple and 3 doubles. Guess it wasn't so bad.

I am driving the ball better, but my pitching/chipping was awful today. Putting was okay, but still lack any kind of distance with my irons. Slice is slowly slowly going away.

Same thing with me, I have nice drives and Iron shots but if I miss the green my pitching ad chipping and even putting has been non existent. Perhaps it's cause I really haven't played with all my wedges (A and P) this week, they belong to someone else now haha

I shot 37 (+2) / 41 (+5) for a 78 (+7) today. I played better than yesterday but an 8 (+4) on the 16th wrecked my round. I am hitting my irons great and hit 13 GIR and gave myself some great birdie chances.

I changed to my old Ping putter that I hadn't used for about 7 years after yesterday's horror story on the greens and putted a bit better. I had 34 putts today with just two 3 putts, which was a big improvement on yesterday.

after not playing for 2 weeks, i shot 88 with 6 lost balls, and two birdies on 8 and 9.. not too bad, i guess.. >_>

18 holes at Twin Birch in Traverse City.
44/46 90 3 fairways 3 GIR. 6 one putts all the rest 2 putts.

I thought it was good for the first time at the course.
Only bad thing 5 1/2 hrs .

Shot 38, then a 41, on two 9 hole rounds today, par 35.

Golf Gods took their revenge on me after back to back birdies I topped a drive and saw it go 75 yards. Scrambled and made bogey after.

Finally getting a feel for partial swing shots with the new irons, dialing in the distance pretty well.

45 on the warm up 9, then 85 on the round.

Bear Creek GC - 5940yds - 68.1/122

I shot a 46/43 with 4 pars and a birdie.

I had two blow up holes. A bunker on #7 ate my lunch and stuck me with a nine. The second was on 16, my back was tightening up and I should have stretched, but didn't. I topped two shots in a row which left me in bad position, took a 6 on a par 3.

Positives were that my chipping and pitch shots were working very well. 3 of my pars were one putt scramble saves, the other I made it on in regulation and tapped in the par putt.

Year best 18 for me with a 73 -- Couldn't hang on after having a ball wrap completely around the hole on 15 for birdie.. Oh well, felt great!!

may20-73.png

Great round, Canadan!

Nice round dan. You sure can hit the ball well!

Disappointing 83, 38-45. Had 5 good birdie looks on the front, hit it to a few inches on #6 for a birdie. Back 9 was bad with loose tee balls, but I am getting close to where I was at the end of last summer so game feels good!

Shot 79 in mens club today ( par 72 ) wish I could have 4 shots over or it could of been a couple of shots lower .

man one day if i can get my mind to focus for an entire round i may actually shoot a decent score. ill just blame the slow play today :act-up:

93 today started triple,double,double and also had a 9 on the back :banghead:... 28 putts , 20 chips , 8 sand shots...had some huge mental lapse's on easy little layups which cost me alot of strokes.

Good day today, walked, blue tees, 70.2/133. The putting is coming around, 27 putts, six birdies from 5 feet to 45 feet, and three bogies. I finished with birdies on 16, a 205 yd par 3 with a five foot putt, 17 with a 45 foot putt, and 18 with a nine foot down hill putt. 69 (35, 34)--second best score of the year for me

91, after a two hour frost delay. Hit 11 of 13 fairways, and 40 putts. Tee to green was good except a couple holes. Game from the tee was great, pounded it all day and my draw was working. Puttiing sucked bad all day, three jacks all day long. I need more work on the practice green....

Could not get my driver to cooperate with me today...I slice the ball all day long...still managed to scramble for a decent score

44/43 = 87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back