2012 Ultimate Golf Weekend Recap Thread

speaking of cookie, we were playing behind you guys yesterday, #9 up by the green, did I see him hitting from the waters edge closer to the other #9 green?

Yes, that was Cookie on the wrong course (again). He blamed it on my sand skill help I gave him, but you can read about how well it helped in the trash talk thread of all places. It does help if you make contact with the bottom third of the ball, rather than the top (as a video coming up later will show).

You have to be able to hit a regular draw first before you can hit the RHMJ. Skilled golfers such as JB and myself can do these things. Other golfers such as you and Lee Westwood are unable to hit the draw, so the RHMJ is not an option.

LOL, I can hear Hawk now, "dude, what do you have to lose?" It's pretty nifty how that shot can get you out of some nasty trouble.

Yeah, it was pretty funny and that is almost exactly what Hawk said.

lol! He tried to say he didn't have a shot, but with that shot in the bag you are almost never out of the hole. Executed perfectly and Cookies jaw just dropped.

Yes, that was Cookie on the wrong course (again). He blamed it on my sand skill help I gave him, but you can read about how well it helped in the trash talk thread of all places. It does help if you make contact with the bottom third of the ball, rather than the top (as a video coming up later will show).

Yeah, it was pretty funny and that is almost exactly what Hawk said.

so he blamed you for his bunker issues and left your wedges on the green on #5...real nice guy

Isn't the water on the right for South 9 and left for North 9? Or did I get them mixed up all weekend?

oh man I totally forgot another awesome part of the weekend

Par 3 that runs across from the place that they had seats setup for a wedding....we hit our balls and Buckjob sends a screamer over the back left of the green

get up there and there was a bride and groom behind the green that was trying to take pics....the guys mailes and points to the ball, the lady looks at me with a terrified look in her eyes and says "he almost hit me"

it took everything I had to not laugh in her face

In my defense I didn't see them and he was wearing a dress and I knew you'd handle my light work if we had to rumble! And I did congratulate them. Lol

I had to hit almost the same shot on Saturday afternoon, and actually pulled it off, it ended up just short of the green. Of course, I'm not as good as JB, so I had to use a 5 iron. The rope hook me jesus is awesome.

I hit this shot on #2 north from the left rough left of the fairway bunker around the Tall pines that front the pond to 10 yards short of the green with WarEagle watching on. It's a one and million shot for me.

Isn't the water on the right for South 9 and left for North 9? Or did I get them mixed up all weekend?

No, you are correct. North 9 has water all down the left and South 9 has water all down the right side. I birdied North #9 during the warmup round Thursday evening in front of a patio full of THPers heckling us on the grass hills. Thanks KMac & Company.

In my defense I didn't see them and he was wearing a dress and I knew you'd handle my light work if we had to rumble! And I did congratulate them. Lol

Ha! As long as you congratulated them it's ok!!

Sent from my iPhone

and what were they even doing out there? We played for 3 hours and those were the only people we even saw.....weirdos

No, you are correct. North 9 has water all down the left and South 9 has water all down the right side. I birdied North #9 during the warmup round Thursday evening in front of a patio full of THPers heckling us on the grass hills. Thanks KMac & Company.

Here is my South 9 birdie putt....2 birdies in like 5 holes, then no more for like the next 80+ lol

2012-05-18_141929.jpg

I want to elaborate again on one of the things in my first post. Last night a group of THPers were going to go eat off property and we all met in the Grand Cypress bar. Well, GG and I are sitting there and along comes Hanks to meet us...Or at least that is what I was assuming. Instead he says this "Im going to Ale House to meet a friend". A friend huh? Well what does that mean? Nobody had a say, because we were all going to Ale House to see said friend (who we all knew who it was). We sent out Marc Awesome to find him and low and behold, he was with the cart girl from the round.

So we get to see Hanks once a year for this wonderful outing and he sold us out for a chance to buy roofiecoladas for a cart girl...If he only knew why he was speaking to the cart girl to begin with...I kid I kid...kind of.

Crazy Hanks.

I want to elaborate again on one of the things in my first post. Last night a group of THPers were going to go eat off property and we all met in the Grand Cypress bar. Well, GG and I are sitting there and along comes Hanks to meet us...Or at least that is what I was assuming. Instead he says this "Im going to Ale House to meet a friend". A friend huh? Well what does that mean? Nobody had a say, because we were all going to Ale House to see said friend (who we all knew who it was). We sent out Marc Awesome to find him and low and behold, he was with the cart girl from the round.

So we get to see Hanks once a year for this wonderful outing and he sold us out for a chance to buy drinks for a cart girl...If he only knew why he was speaking to the cart girl to begin with...I kid I kid...kind of.

Maybe she was the one that took his towels and GPS the first day and his clubs on Sunday...playing hard to get I guess

So we get to see Hanks once a year for this wonderful outing and he sold us out for a chance to buy drinks for a cart girl...If he only knew why he was speaking to the cart girl to begin with...I kid I kid...kind of.

Go easy on him, she was born in Philly and went to grade school there. Yes, he found all this out in one of our many stops Saturday afternoon. MWard even paid for a bottle of water from her when there was a free ice & water station at the next tee box.

He did get the GPS and towels back prior to our round Saturday afternoon.

That's awesome. Let me guess, cart girl from the South course?

Hanks... time to post that pic I took of you guys together on your iPhone.

Go easy on him, she was born in Philly and went to grade school there. Yes, he found all this out in one of our many stops Saturday afternoon. MWard even paid for a bottle of water from her when there was a free ice & water station at the next tee box TWICE.

FIFY... Happened on Sunday too. I think the cart girls at Grand Cypress lead to some awesome conversations. One of them even saved poor Playdough's life by showing up haha.

FIFY... Happened on Sunday too. I think the cart girls at Grand Cypress lead to some awesome conversations. One of them even saved poor Playdough's life by showing up haha.

was he overheating from wearing pants on the surface of the sun?

So we get to see Hanks once a year for this wonderful outing and he sold us out for a chance to buy roofiecoladas for a cart girl...If he only knew why he was speaking to the cart girl to begin with...I kid I kid...kind of.

Crazy Hanks.

Hanks, the only way out of this for you is to marry the cart girl, lol. Thanks for all the recaps, stories, pics and great coverage for all of us poor souls who couldn't make it this year.

Hanks... time to post that pic I took of you guys together on your iPhone.

Which one, the Saturday pic or the Sunday "This would be a great wedding photo" I took after the AM round?

Oh man, is that the truth. I was getting worried you was going to kill me, or just rip my arm off and eat it. But that stop became the now infamous cart girl.

I never overheated from wearing pants on the surface of the sun. The only time I ever even began to get warm was when we stopped between the Saturday am and pm rounds. Otherwise I was good all weekend.

Nope. Because the new course round ended and the afternoon S/N round started almost back to back, I didn't have time to grab a bite to eat before dashing off to the 4th tee. I figured I'd just grab something from a cart when it came around. 5th hole comes around and we see the youngest cart girl come by. She ran out of food but promised to come back. We never saw her again. 1st hole on the North comes around and I'm beyond irritated. Head hurts, stomach is growling, and I'm kinda pissed. I had breakfast that morning and two Clif bars during the new course round, but nothing since then. I kindly informing Keygan (playdough) that if I don't get something to eat soon, I may start punch something. "Unfortunately you're next to me.. My bad in advance man. I may feel kinda bad about it though if it helps."

Next hole, up rolls Hanks' girl with the last wrap on her cart. Keygan spared.

Looks like an intense and fantastic weekend. I just chuckle at the amount of equipment available to demo. Incredible.

And Hanks made friends with a cart girl. That is impressive. He must be one good looking man.

Kevin

Looks like an intense and fantastic weekend. I just chuckle at the amount of equipment available to demo. Incredible.

And Hanks made friends with a cart girl. That is impressive. He must be one good looking man.

Kevin
Can it really be called the "ultimate" golf weekend if the lefty trio of Esox, Breeze and TC aren't there?

Can it really be called the "ultimate" golf weekend if the lefty trio of Esox, Breeze and TC aren't there?

yes...cause the rest of us play on the correct side of the ball

Back