SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Talking to Beau right now!

Talking to Beau right now!

Beau is TREMENDOUS to deal with, took care of me well on both my Eidolon and SCOR orders and even has shot me an email to check in on me a couple times. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO Chunky!!!! Do it!!!!

Beau is TREMENDOUS to deal with, took care of me well on both my Eidolon and SCOR orders and even has shot me an email to check in on me a couple times. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this. Beau took care of me for all three of my wedges and was extremely helpful when I couldn't make up my mind for my set.

You've been tapped!

With all this Scor love I regripped them today and they are going back in the bag

Tapatalk

Congrats JConn and Chunky.

I did the same thing and got the same recommendations. I'm going to go with the 49/53/57. It didn't give me a shaft recommendation but I think the Genius 12 will be perfect

I did the same chunk, I'll be placing the order and gaming my scores next week. I'm going to run with the stock grips for a minute. I figure PG will have a US Open edition and I'll get those

Edit: Shawn is there is fitting or rep in Orlando? A real time fitting would be better then an online fitting?

I did the same chunk, I'll be placing the order and gaming my scores next week. I'm going to run with the stock grips for a minute. I figure PG will have a US Open edition and I'll get those

Wow, gotta love the SCOR love growing here. Congrats, Freddie!

Impacts high on the face would definitely result in lower spin rates...especially at slower swing speed on short game shots around the green. Question is why are you having high on face impact?

Where are you? Do you have soft turf / high rough on the courses you play? Fat shots might be due to club length...could also be clubs feeling head heavy or overall swing weight heavier than the rest of your irons. Would be curious to now what irons / iron shafts you are playing now and what we fit you with.

Taking 1/4" off shaft length might help...but we might also consider modifying technique slightly based on your playing conditions. Have you had this issue with other wedges in the past?

Sry for all the questions.

Im in Indiana and they over water the crap out of my course so its always soaking wet and the rough is thick. The weight of the club is about the same as my last wedge that I actually added lead tape to as it was to light. I am playing the R11 irons with the KBS 90 Stiff. We went with the same specs as my irons on the length and 1* upright on the wedge instead of 2* like my irons, I have always played my wedges 1* flatter and never had this problem but I have also always played them at standard length as well. I have not had this issue with other wedges in the past, sure some fat shots here and there like any amateur but not to this extent and never had the high on the clubface issue either. I have tried choking down, moving the ball back in my stance, up in my stance, just about everything except modifying the wedge. It worked perfectly for me when the ground was hard when it was still cold out if that helps, not sure what that is. Thanks for the response btw.

That's awesome Tad...I think I'm going to change out for some NDMC grips soon myself.

Edit: Shawn is there is fitting or rep in Orlando? A real time fitting would be better then an online fitting?
You already get the order in?

Glad to see Freddie and I joined the brotherhood the same day. Scors should be here mid next week. Beau was frakken awesome to deal.with and really helped me out. I'm very confident that these will fit me to a t

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mike Peterson - 813-205-4917 OR you can just call the Edwin Watts on Turkey Lake and ask them why they don't have SCOR4161 wedges? http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Store-13.aspx

Seriously though - you are covered by our guarantees...if you don't love them, we'll take them back 100%. If you need them tweaked, we'll work it out. We can fit you very well based on what you are playing with currently and the spec of the club we are picking up form with your SCOR4161 set.

Im in Indiana and they over water the crap out of my course so its always soaking wet and the rough is thick. The weight of the club is about the same as my last wedge that I actually added lead tape to as it was to light. I am playing the R11 irons with the KBS 90 Stiff. We went with the same specs as my irons on the length and 1* upright on the wedge instead of 2* like my irons, I have always played my wedges 1* flatter and never had this problem but I have also always played them at standard length as well. I have not had this issue with other wedges in the past, sure some fat shots here and there like any amateur but not to this extent and never had the high on the clubface issue either. I have tried choking down, moving the ball back in my stance, up in my stance, just about everything except modifying the wedge. It worked perfectly for me when the ground was hard when it was still cold out if that helps, not sure what that is. Thanks for the response btw.

The fat shot is caused by hitting behind the ball...usually a shaft length issue on the equipment side or technique issue on golfer side. Nothing to do with bounce necessarily. Sounds like you've tried everything on the technique side. You're catching the ground behind the ball and not getting the ball on the face cleanly. Just doesn't make any sense why you were fine with dry turf...I'd think you would still hit behind the ball and have the leading edge skip into the belly of the ball resulting in a blade or the dreaded s-word.

I'd want to get that 1/4" off the shaft and see what happens. Then maybe try our lighter weight steel KBS Tour 90 if that doesn't help some.

Outside of those option, I'd say you have a mountain of doubt to challenge. Hate that you are struggling with our wedge though...willing to do anything to help you find some answers.

Shawn,

I have a quick question if I may.

I just got all new irons that will be here next week and when fitted I went 1* flat. Yet, on all my wedges from you guys I left them at standard.

I have hit the wedges really well and don't know if I should touch them. What do you think?

Thanks

You've been tapped!

Shawn,

I have a quick question if I may.

I just got all new irons that will be here next week and when fitted I went 1* flat. Yet, on all my wedges from you guys I left them at standard.

I have hit the wedges really well and don't know if I should touch them. What do you think?

Thanks

You've been tapped!

If its not broke, don't fix it. What irons / SCORs are you gaming?

Chances are we synced up nicely to your iron set. Our std lie is flat compared to most wedges...we set everything at 63* as a std. As golfers, we manipulate our hand position with wedges by choking up and forward pressing...because they are the shortest clubs in the bag and the types of shots we hit with them. If you notice your missing the flag slightly left on a consistent basis, your wedges are probably too upright.

Chances are we synced up nicely to your iron set. Our std lie is flat compared to most wedges...we set everything at 63* as a std. As golfers, we manipulate our hand position with wedges by choking up and forward pressing...because they are the shortest clubs in the bag and the types of shots we hit with them. If you notice your missing the flag slightly left on a consistent basis, your wedges are probably too upright.

I just ordered a set of TaylorMade tour preferred MB irons and that's what I used when ordering my wedges because I knew I would be getting them.

My scor wedges are a 52, 55 and 59 with the kbs steel shaft. My irons I ordered have kbs tour stiff shafts in them.

You've been tapped!

I just ordered a set of TaylorMade tour preferred MB irons and that's what I used when ordering my wedges because I knew I would be getting them.

My scor wedges are a 52, 55 and 59 with the kbs steel shaft. My irons I ordered have kbs tour stiff shafts in them.

You've been tapped!

Yep...so PW in the TMaG TP MBs is 64* stock. If your set is 1* flat, that would put it at 63*...so the progression into your SCOR 52/55/59 is perfect if you ordered your set from us standard...they'd all be at 63* which is EXACTLY what you want.

Chances are we synced up nicely to your iron set. Our std lie is flat compared to most wedges...we set everything at 63* as a std. As golfers, we manipulate our hand position with wedges by choking up and forward pressing...because they are the shortest clubs in the bag and the types of shots we hit with them. If you notice your missing the flag slightly left on a consistent basis, your wedges are probably too upright.[/QUOTE]

Would teh same be said if you are missing right, then you are probably too flat and need to be upright?

Would teh same be said if you are missing right, then you are probably too flat and need to be upright?

Correct...in theory. Too flat usually produces a consistent ball pattern right of the holes. Too upright cause consistent ball pattern to the left of hole. If you can imagine the sole of a golf club in the impact zone of a golf shot, the goal is to have the sole perfectly parallel to the ground. If the heel impacts the ground first (too upright), the face will close and result in a pull. If the toe impacts the ground first, the face will open and result in a push. You can also tell by the shape of your divots if the lie angle is off...toe deep = too flat...heel deep = too upright.

As with most things in this great game...lie angle is about 1 of 1,000 issues that could cause the ball to go right or left...but it helps to at least know your equipment fits your swing (for now). One less thing to worry about right before you pull the trigger on your next shot.

Correct...in theory. Too flat usually produces a consistent ball pattern right of the holes. Too upright cause consistent ball pattern to the left of hole. If you can imagine the sole of a golf club in the impact zone of a golf shot, the goal is to have the sole perfectly parallel to the ground. If the heel impacts the ground first (too upright), the face will close and result in a pull. If the toe impacts the ground first, the face will open and result in a push. You can also tell by the shape of your divots if the lie angle is off...toe deep = too flat...heel deep = too upright.

As with most things in this great game...lie angle is about 1 of 1,000 issues that could cause the ball to go right or left...but it helps to at least know your equipment fits your swing (for now). One less thing to worry about right before you pull the trigger on your next shot.

fountain of knowledge...thanks for the insight

Mike Peterson - 813-205-4917 OR you can just call the Edwin Watts on Turkey Lake and ask them why they don't have SCOR4161 wedges? http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/Store-13.aspx

Seriously though - you are covered by our guarantees...if you don't love them, we'll take them back 100%. If you need them tweaked, we'll work it out. We can fit you very well based on what you are playing with currently and the spec of the club we are picking up form with your SCOR4161 set.

The fat shot is caused by hitting behind the ball...usually a shaft length issue on the equipment side or technique issue on golfer side. Nothing to do with bounce necessarily. Sounds like you've tried everything on the technique side. You're catching the ground behind the ball and not getting the ball on the face cleanly. Just doesn't make any sense why you were fine with dry turf...I'd think you would still hit behind the ball and have the leading edge skip into the belly of the ball resulting in a blade or the dreaded s-word.

I'd want to get that 1/4" off the shaft and see what happens. Then maybe try our lighter weight steel KBS Tour 90 if that doesn't help some.

Outside of those option, I'd say you have a mountain of doubt to challenge. Hate that you are struggling with our wedge though...willing to do anything to help you find some answers.

Ya it doesnt make sense to me either why I was hitting it perfect when the ground was still half frozen. I havent really had any bladed balls or S***** with it, when I catch it fat the ballflight is just very high and I lose the distance of course. Im not giving up yet, im playing this weekend a couple times and will put in some more work before I take and have a 1/4 chopped off. Thanks for the input Shawn, you have been great.

I had the Black and Red Dri-Tac's put on my Scor's yesterday. First off it's an awesome looking pairing of grips and club heads. Second, I love these grips more and more and doubt I will be wearing a glove at all with my upcoming short shots. Fell back in love with with my Scor's with some front yard short game practice.

I'm in golf withdrawal, I need to get back out soon.

Frank we need to do a Scor short game clinic asap!

Just wanted to give a update after this mornings 9 holes. It was like playing a different wedge today I hit it so well! Saved me par a couple times and put my 2nd shot inside 10 feet a couple times for a chance at birdie (putter was off today didnt make them). I am still excited about how well I hit this wedge this morning, not sure why or what the difference was between this morning and the rest of this year but it was huge whatever it was. I have had some adjustment periods with wedges before I started really hitting them well but never this long, maybe it just took me longer to get use to it than it has in the past. Here is to hoping tomorrows 9 goes just as well with it.

Back