THP Tour Van - Texas Event

LG,
We would love to have you. Make it happen. Prizes, SWAG, fun golf, and more.

I'll see if I can! I'd love to meet all of you!

JB, I have been wanting to try out the i20 irons. If you have those available that woulod be fantastic. Those are at the top of the wish list to try. So many good write ups on different irons that I am not sure what would be best for me. The i20s have been getting some amazing revues and I would love to give them a shot.

Sure thing.

I'll see if I can! I'd love to meet all of you!

There wont be many opps like this one, make it happen dude, we would love to have you. Plus GG and I want to hear about your area.

Alright, I'll see if my brother will be in town that weekend, he might be traveling. . . hopefully not though

Just saw this for the first time and I'll definitely be there for 1 of the days if not both. Looking forward to meeting some fellow THP'ers soon!

Just saw this for the first time and I'll definitely be there for 1 of the days if not both. Looking forward to meeting some fellow THP'ers soon!

Sooner that is awesome

This is sounding like it's going to be an epic gathering. Already lots of trash talk from JB, Cookie, TBT, and Nate. Jman might be able to jump in and make it. Why don't I live closer to Texas? Lol.

I have to admit, all this talk is seriously making me look harder into finding a way to Atlanta or NC from Clemson next September.

D come to the NC one!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sooner that is awesome

I know some other THP'ers are bummed to spot moved, but I'm pretty stoked it's in Austin now.

Awesome man! Let me know how each day is looking for you and I will update the original post.

Trying to get a solid count by Friday so tee times can be made, etc.

I know some other THP'ers are bummed to spot moved, but I'm pretty stoked it's in Austin now.

Yeh I was disappointed about the change at first but at the same time, I was always worried the Houston location wasn't gonna have a good turnout. Glad things are looking good in Austin.

Awesome man! Let me know how each day is looking for you and I will update the original post.

Trying to get a solid count by Friday so tee times can be made, etc.

You got it Cookie. I should know more next week and I'll shoot you a PM.

You got it Cookie. I should know more next week and I'll shoot you a PM.

I know its hard to do and even ask someone, but is there a chance you will know or even be able to make an educated guess before then? Just for a tee time count of course.

I know its hard to do and even ask someone, but is there a chance you will know or even be able to make an educated guess before then? Just for a tee time count of course.

Yep. The in-laws will be arriving here this weekend so I'll see what's planned if anything and let you guys know as soon as I do.

So which Salt Lick are you planning on hitting and what day? I can always talk the wife into Salt Lick if it is the original location.

And you can figure on a 2-3 hour wait on a June weekend at the Driftwood location.

I have to figure out a way to clear this with the boss before I can commit.

So which Salt Lick are you planning on hitting and what day? I can always talk the wife into Salt Lick if it is the original location.

And you can figure on a 2-3 hour wait on a June weekend at the Driftwood location.

I have to figure out a way to clear this with the boss before I can commit.

Safe to say that we will be looking for a BBQ joint that is nearby the golf course. Don't anticipate having everyone drive more than 10-12 miles when most will not be familiar with the area. 2-3 hour wait does not sound fun, ha.

Hope you can join us for golf & dinner - keep us updated!

Safe to say that we will be looking for a BBQ joint that is nearby the golf course. Don't anticipate having everyone drive more than 10-12 miles when most will not be familiar with the area. 2-3 hour wait does not sound fun, ha.

Hope you can join us for golf & dinner - keep us updated!

Two options for BBQ from Falconhead - Salt Lick and County Line

Salt Lick is worth the 25 minute drive from Falconhead...and the wait would probably be less than an hour, especially if someone calls ahead before the drive and you guys head out there before 7-8p. They have a ton of room at the original Driftwood location...there are only three. Driftwood, Round Rock and the airport. The setting is central TX hill country with vineyards and live music while you wait. They handle big parties well and don't take reservations...good at moving huge numbers through quickly. We live about 10 minutes from there and go frequently on weekends. We took party of 35 on a Friday at 6:30p a few weeks back and were seated within 10 minutes. BYOB, cash only and probably the best BBQ you'll ever have.

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

County Line is a few minutes closer off Bee Caves not far from Barton Creek and in the heart of Austin hill country. Good, but not Salt Lick...and wait there will probably be worse.

http://www.countyline.com/CountyLineHill.html

Very good info there Shawn - appreciated! I am sure we will discuss on Saturday afternoon and call ahead somewhere as you suggested.

Very good info there Shawn - appreciated! I am sure we will discuss on Saturday afternoon and call ahead somewhere as you suggested.

Maybe you guys can get it delivered to the golf course? Have a little parking lot party

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Two options for BBQ from Falconhead - Salt Lick and County Line
They handle big parties well and don't take reservations...good at moving huge numbers through quickly.
http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

For outing purposes, I think Shawn's suggestion is pretty good. The wait there is actually enjoyable since there's a bunch of picnic tables to chill at, live music, and like he mentioned, byob. It's a nice way of just hanging out actually, as opposed to a "normal" restaurant. Sadly, I won't be able to partake however since I have to cut out early.

Jman....is....TEXAS OUTING BOUND! Whoooooooooo!

I'll be driving down to Dallas and coming in the rest of the way with Cookie! Got my wife's bday/match-day musical tickets moved to Thursday night by a small miracle and I am cleared to go now! I'm sure I'll put up a solid 120+ score those days out of nerves BUT I DON'T CARE!

Now....Mr. JB....hehehe...perhaps you all might bring along (some of these may have already been stated, sorry!)

- Adams CMB's w/ C-Taper goodness
- Cleveland Mashie F3
- Cleveland Classic 310 (w/ miya black I think?)
- Yonex Driving Iron
- Some putter goodness I shall leave at your discretion (Surprise me! You know how I am with the putters! hahahaha)

Also, I know it was mentioned earlier about the i20's, I'll have my testing i20's with me for anyone to try, they have CT's in them but they'll be there. I'll also have my SCOR's like Cookie and YES, I shall bring some putters out to play....hmmmmmm.....hehehehehe.

I've never been so excited to head to Texas in my life!

Awesome Jman! Glad to hear you were able to make it work man. Playing both days?

And I approve of the clubs you are asking JB to bring.

Awesome Jman! Glad to hear you were able to make it work man. Playing both days?

And I approve of the clubs you are asking JB to bring.

Should be playing both, yep...otherwise I'd be sitting and watching while you all play! hahahaha

I won't lie, I hope the course cuts us tiny bit a deal, that's just because I'm a tightwad until the wife gets her first check at the end of June! hehe

Should be playing both, yep...otherwise I'd be sitting and watching while you all play! hahahaha

I won't lie, I hope the course cuts us tiny bit a deal, that's just because I'm a tightwad until the wife gets her first check at the end of June! hehe

Cool - I updated the original post to reflect both days. And I agree with you, I am playing both days regardless but hoping to see that cost come down just a bit if possible.

Back