GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from 21 to 16! Woo hoo!

So here is how I started playing golf. I am 13, so I decided to go and play for the school golf team. The first time I hit a golf club it was a Cobra FP 6 iron, which went about 20 yards. We had practice every day after school. I progressively got better, and I got a membership to my local golf course. Now I shoot in the low 90's. Any tips? What are you guys' lowest HC drop in 1 month?

Thats a heck of a drop Ryan, Congrats buddy! Just keep working with your coach and play it one hole at a time. Don't let the small stuff bother you, mental game is the hardest part of the game in my opinion. Keep at it buddy.

I know the pro at my course really well (went to school with my mom) and he's great. We also have a great coach too. I have been working on my chipping a lot. Any other tips?

Mine needs to go up quickly. No play or practice from Nov until early May and I'm getting killed in league match play with an ice cold swing and an October handicap.

Mine needs to go up quickly. No play or practice from Nov until early May and I'm getting killed in league match play with an ice cold swing and an October handicap.

I hear ya and I think mine topped out at the perfect time of year for our Club Championship next weekend. I have been playing some sorry golf this year. Hopefully my game will revive itself in the next few days and I can come out with both barrels smoking for my tournament.

June 1 revision it dropped to 3.1 from 4.1

It is due to a 69, 70, and several 74s in the last couple of weeks. Posted so far this year: 104 scores. Next revision will only have maybe two new scores since I will be on an Alaska trip most of next two weeks.

Nice going Lefty, enjoy your trip buddy.

Drop!

3.0 down to 2.3

A quick check of my scores shows 11 of my last 20 rounds were 74 or lower w/ a low of 70. I know my overall game is in about the best shape it has been in for a while, and the 'cap is showing it now. I wonder if I can push it lower like to the "glory day" levels, or if I am peaking?

You can take it lower I am sure, you have a strong game there my friend.

I went the wrong direction haha. Went from 8.4 to 10.5 but I'm not too worried about it, all my really good scores through the winter weren't recorded, my club didn't start recording scores til the beginning of May and I struggled a little bit in may. I've been averaging 3-4 more strokes per 18 holes but nothing unmanageable. I'm being patient and I'm sure it will be back down in no time, I've just been workin on enjoying my rounds and its getting better slowly but surely.

This time last year I was a 22.3. At summer's end I was an 11.8. Currently sitting at 15.4. It's always changing, always a work. I'd love to be able to "leave myself a shorter short game" which is why (along with most other golfers) I tend to find myself on the range a lot more than the practice green. No matter how many times I try to make it 50/50 it still is like 75/25. Short game is key, even though I don't play it that way unfortunately.

Sweet! Only 7 more to go!!

You just blew that one by everybody, but hey, I think it is funny as all git out. :thumb:

Short game, short game, short game. Work on your pitch and putt.

This is dead on. While your driving accuracy may be important, nothing will help your score better than your short game. Spend some time around the greens practicing your chipping and putting and it will drop even more. I think the most I dropped during one month was 4 (from a 12 to an 8), but that was right during the summer and I had just started taking my first lessons. Keep working on it and it'll keep falling.

from 21 to 16! Woo hoo!

So here is how I started playing golf. I am 13, so I decided to go and play for the school golf team. The first time I hit a golf club it was a Cobra FP 6 iron, which went about 20 yards. We had practice every day after school. I progressively got better, and I got a membership to my local golf course. Now I shoot in the low 90's. Any tips? What are you guys' lowest HC drop in 1 month?

Ryan, I merged your thread with a thread where most of us put our HCP revisions. And as others have said, the best way to significantly drop your hcp is to focus on 150 yards and in. If you can make yourself lethal from that range, you'll drop strokes faster than you can count them.

One more thing Ryan- putt. Putt a lot. It's pretty boring, and you may not think you're improving, but keep practicing. I spend the majority of my time on 0-8 footers, and most of the rest on 8-15 footers. That's what I consider my make range. Where I can really go at a putt and expect to make it. Then I use the rest of my putting time for lag putts of all different lengths. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you make 9/10 from 5 feet and in rather than, say, 6/10. Those are easy strokes to get. Keep working bud.

down to a 10.3, lowest I've ever been!

Congrats buddy and you hit the ball sweet! Enjoyed our round in Blairsville :clapp:

That was one of the best round's I've ever played. Hopefully I can make it this year.

That was one of the best round's I've ever played. Hopefully I can make it this year.

Me too buddy as this year's Georgia get together will be epic :blob:!!!

Buzzing!!!!

Buzzing!!!!

I got my revision of my handicap today and i managed to get it down to 8 from 15. I'm really happy with that as its the first time i've had it in the single figures but i know i've worked hard for it however we all know that the real work starts now.

Barry

Congrats sir! Nice to see that hard work pays off. Cheers!

Congratulations!

Nice work Barry, great when the hard work pays off for you

That is a great jump!! Good work

That is an enormous drop. What sort of timeframe was this in? I've been at it 20 years and haven't broken single digits from 15. Well done.

I got my revision of my handicap today and i managed to get it down to 8 from 15. I'm really happy with that as its the first time i've had it in the single figures but i know i've worked hard for it however we all know that the real work starts now.

Barry

Congrats Barry! I merged your thread with the main Revision thread though.

Nice work Barry, thats awesome!

Nice merging FLTC.
over the last 5 weeks I have been travelling for work and batchelor parties and more work and i Have seen my HC go up by a point and a half from 9.4 to 10.9. Its driving me crazy, I've played maybe 4 rounds of golf in the last 5 weeks with no practice sessions and where this has really hurt me is my short game. Now that work will be at home for the next few weeks its time to start working on my short game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back